Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 02-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Desi

What is the state of the game?

So I stopped playing this a while ago because of a multitude of design issues. Now that it's 2012, I'm wondering if things have improved. Specifically:
  1. Have the Bandage, Cover, and Use keys been removed from the single keybind and been given their own keys?
  2. Has the issue re. short-range shots not registering been addressed? I saw that there was a lag compensation mod, is this in general use yet?
  3. Has the ratio of auto and semiauto weapons versus bolts been toned down?
  4. Are there any new maps? Are there any notable mods that most of the community has migrated to?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
ehombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
So I stopped playing this a while ago because of a multitude of design issues. Now that it's 2012, I'm wondering if things have improved. Specifically:
[*]Have the Bandage, Cover, and Use keys been removed from the single keybind and been given their own keys?
Nope, all are still the same frustrating key.
Quote:
[*]Has the issue re. short-range shots not registering been addressed? I saw that there was a lag compensation mod, is this in general use yet?
Nope, that's a problem with the network code and it still has not been addressed.
Quote:
[*]Has the ratio of auto and semiauto weapons versus bolts been toned down?
No, the class loadouts and amount of classes are still the same. Anyone with a machine gun still has fun mowing down everyone else who has to use a bolt-action rifle.

Quote:
[*]Are there any new maps? Are there any notable mods that most of the community has migrated to?
TWI, the developers, have recently unveiled a screenshot of a new map. They have also announced a new "RO1 Classic" mode that is the developer's attempt at creating the game they meant to create with RO2 (No bleeding, less machine guns, complete overhaul of gameplay mechanics). When will the community get this new map and new mode? At some indefinite point in the future.

I'm sorry to tell you the game is in the same horrid shape that you left it.
ehombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
DMasterST

Quote:
Are there any new maps?
http://www.ro2modmaps.com/

Quote:
I saw that there was a lag compensation mod, is this in general use yet?
Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehombre View Post
Nope, that's a problem with the network code and it still has not been addressed.
It has, look above.
DMasterST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
stillmatic07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehombre View Post
I'm sorry to tell you the game is in the same horrid shape that you left it.
Seconded.

A performance patch was released. You might see a few FPS increase. We're holding out for the next update to save it.
stillmatic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
bannoura

1)no
2)no
3)no
4)yes, one map that i hate and leave the server when it starts
bannoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
Killerratte

The game is broken and should never be bought under any circumstances.

Last edited by Killerratte: 02-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Killerratte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Irishmandkg

Rest assured...mods are on their way!
Irishmandkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
panzerlied

Quote:
  1. Have the Bandage, Cover, and Use keys been removed from the single keybind and been given their own keys?
  2. Has the issue re. short-range shots not registering been addressed? I saw that there was a lag compensation mod, is this in general use yet?
  3. Has the ratio of auto and semiauto weapons versus bolts been toned down?
  4. Are there any new maps? Are there any notable mods that most of the community has migrated to?
1. Nope

2. I've never had an issue killing people at close range so I don't know what you're talking about.

3. Most servers have maybe 2 or 3 Assaults per team, as is the same with Elite Rifleman

4. There are a few community mad maps, Bhutovo which is a village map with a church in the middle, surrounded by woods and smaller buildings. Ogledow, which I haven't had the pleasure to play yet, is a remake of the RO1 map. Univermag, which I've seen around is in alpha development I believe, but it's a pretty large urban map, with a lot of buildings to kill people in. Provkhoy is a medium-large sized map with open fields of fire and varied cover as you press in as attackers, set in a railyard/station. Also as previously mentioned is a TWI map in progress called Mamayev, which is a series of bunker complexes and trench systems upon a hill. Lots of rifle ranged fighting and CQC if you're in the trenches and bunkers.
panzerlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Desi

If this is the case, then I'll wait until they at least rebind those keys. Thanks for the replies!
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad