Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training

Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Congorock

Question A quick question

when a f2per who has untradable items that goes premium, do those items that are untradable become tradable afterwards? or do they stay untradable?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Davesmason

I don't believe so. Items are untradeable usually because they're bought from the store, in that case, they stay that way.

Items that aren't marked as untradeable, but you can't trade due to being F2P will of course be tradeable at Premium.
Davesmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Congorock

iight but, when a f2per has found a dropped b.m.o.c, its listed as untradable, if he/she goes premium does that b.m.o.c that he found goes tradable?
Congorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
TheLastTemplar

All the untradeable items (other than achievement items) will become tradeable. And items bought from the store are tradeable after a few days, but remain uncraftable.
TheLastTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Congorock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastTemplar View Post
All the untradeable items (other than achievement items) will become tradeable. And items bought from the store are tradeable after a few days, but remain uncraftable.
thanks dude
Congorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
IGaveTheD

They stay untradable...
IGaveTheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
IGaveTheD

Quote:
No, I don't know where you got that from, any item that says untradable is untradable no matter what.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
TheLastTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGaveTheD View Post
No, I don't know where you got that from, any item that says untradable is untradable no matter what.
In a F2P's backpack, all items show up as untradeable. They do become tradeable when they go premium, unless they are achievement items.
TheLastTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
mattyboyrocks23

Quote:
In a F2P's backpack, all items show up as untradeable. They do become tradeable when they go premium, unless they are achievement items.
This guy's right. F2P is untradable until you go premium where all dropped items are tradable.
mattyboyrocks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
IGaveTheD

Quote:
Thats wierd, I was F2P for like a month, the items didn't say they were untradable, it just would let me trade them. But if it said untradable it would stay that way.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
alf666

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGaveTheD View Post
Thats wierd, I was F2P for like a month, the items didn't say they were untradable, it just would let me trade them. But if it said untradable it would stay that way.
I had several items like that when I was f2p, but that's because they were given to me in a trade window by a premium user.

Basically, f2p dropped/achievement items are untradable.
If a premium user gives items to an f2p user through a trade window, those items are tradable, even for f2p users.
Once the f2p user goes premium, the dropped items become tradable, but the achievement items stay untradeable.

Does that clear things up?
alf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
IGaveTheD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf666 View Post
I had several items like that when I was f2p, but that's because they were given to me in a trade window by a premium user.

Basically, f2p dropped/achievement items are untradable.
If a premium user gives items to an f2p user through a trade window, those items are tradable, even for f2p users.
Once the f2p user goes premium, the dropped items become tradable, but the achievement items stay untradeable.

Does that clear things up?
Yes very much thank you

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training