Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Settlers series, The

Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Me0w

Compared To Castle Empire

So I'm a complete n00b to the Settlers series, but recently I got into Castle Empire ( http://www.castleempireonline.com/en/home )

Its pretty fun for just starting, I understand its a little slow, and I accept that (for someone who has too much time on their hands, I can check in anytime). Would I have more fun with Settlers 7 or stick out with Castle Empire?

Apparently, reading forums and talking to a few people who been in BETA for awhile, Castle Empire is the NEW Settlers, just re-named and named Castle Empire as a experiment, incase this fails (f2p, browser) they can rely back on Settlers name as a title.

Castle empire just seems to have a nice community, with tons of help & FAQ Guides on their forums, compared to I didn't find much "Settlers 7 new player guide" when I searched. Yet the fact S7 has better GFX, More things to do it seems, and a clock to speed up time during the early stages.. yet the horror of Ubi DRM, is stopping me. Yet I own all the AC series and not 1 problem with ubi DRM.

What the vets think of this?

Last edited by Me0w: 01-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
RenegadePeon

Didn't even know this existed. Thanks for posting. I'm a big fan of settlers 7 but am afraid Ubisoft may have poorly executed an otherwise amazing game.
RenegadePeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Me0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadePeon View Post
Didn't even know this existed. Thanks for posting. I'm a big fan of settlers 7 but am afraid Ubisoft may have poorly executed an otherwise amazing game.
The fact I could barely find any guides on Settlers 7, tells me something, yet the Castle Empire forums are filled to the brim with Guides and tips. I think Ubi is putting their eggs in this basket.

*servers are back up 1/12 9:20am EST*

Last edited by Me0w: 01-12-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Me0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
spartan0078

I've been playing Castle Empire for a few days, and it's great fun! It's also making me play settlers 7 WAY more then It should.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
sklayer

german name for this is: The settlers online
sklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #6
sykout

free to play games??? biggest gaming scam ever.
sykout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Danarchist

I actually played settlers 7 allot during my freetime this week because of Castle empire. I am pretty slow to build stuff and figure out what resources I should be gathering where so I tend to play in "sandbox" mode, e.g. no aggressive enemies, just building. The only other person I know that plays settlers 7 could not understand how the hell I found that entertaining till he started playing castle empires at work. It is a little less forgiving on misused resources but fun in its own right!
Danarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
IamTed

no browser games for me

Browser games are the latest trend. Everyone likes the success Facebook had with Farmville, and seriously want a piece of that. It's cheap. It's low maintenance. Don't need writers. No cinimatics. Everyone has the system requirements for a browser.

But, PC being better than a console, I just can't, can't, can't, can't go all the way down to browser. No can do turn based anymore. I'm not into shooters, but turn based....ack.
IamTed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Settlers series, The