Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Settlers series, The

Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
joey__storm

glitchy houses flickering blue - Any fix?

Hi everyone,

My dad and I bought a copy of the settlers 7 today, and installed it normally. But for some reason, the houses flashed blue, with triangles sticking out of them. Even after restarting the game with low settings (medium settings were recommended), it still appeared. I've also tried it intalling it on my own PC, that worked fine.

gliching PC specs are an ordinary intel dual core, a Nvidia gts 8800 and 4 GB RAM.

working PC specs are an i7, a Nvidia gtx 285 and 6 GB RAM.

Anybody having the same problem, or knows a fix?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
GhostWhisper

First off, did u force anything through the Nvidia CP? if so, dont, the game doesnt like beeing .

Second, that GTS 8800 is a fairly weak card, i own a GTX8800 an it barely runs this game, its on my old pc tho, gave it to ma lady.

I'd recommen updating drivers for that card if u can find some new WHQL ones, even beta's would do.

U have the same card as me in ur own PC,an it runs just fine, so i think it's just a question of muscle on that old GTS card. Settlers 7 is slow for me sometimes, and i get these weird white dots on some maps for like a second.

my honest conclusion tho is....this game isnt DONE yet, as many other titles suffer from aswell, they release games before they should.

patches please
GhostWhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
joey__storm

Thanks for the advice
joey__storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Teh-ah-tim-eh

Mine does the same and it recommends the highest graphics for me. Not sure of a solution. Even when i run it on the lowest it does it.
Teh-ah-tim-eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
sklayer

download the last Nvidia BETA driver then it will work
sklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
IamTed

You be really really really careful running today's games on yesterday's videocards. If it does not meet system specifications DO NOT play it. You will overheat your card and it IS connected to your motherboard.

Blue screen of death = windows fail.
Blue, white, and or full black screens when then game continues to play = videocard hardware failure.
Triangles or rays of solid objects shooting all over the screen = videocard hardware failure.
IamTed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Settlers series, The