Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Old 02-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
gimmemaskillbac

keyboard not working at all

hello all!
i bought this game few days ago and everything was going just fine(like this a game a lot), but today i just coundt enter the game...basicly my keybord its not active or something! I've tried whit diferent games and the keyboard its just fine, this prob its only whit SGW! Any sugestions...or this thread its just useless and my prob have no solution? Thx in advance
Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
Robert_City

City Interactive
There were some posts like yours before - some people reported replugging the keyboard during the game helped .
Robert_City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
gimmemaskillbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_City View Post
There were some posts like yours before - some people reported replugging the keyboard during the game helped .
hi Robert...well i have donne that several times, i even have tried whit a diferent keyboard and nothing works, its very wierd. i bought the game via steam, worked fine for couple days, one day i try to start the game and simply the keyboard not responding...i already reinstal both game and steam, create another steam account, bought new game in store(more expensive) and still the prob still there, the wierd is, no mather times i unistall the SGW filles and steam, every time time a reinstall i see always my first profile i created and if i try to start a mission whit that profile, in the loading screen, gives me an error!

How can i post here the print screen of my error?
gimmemaskillbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
FiatLux

Banned
Before reinstalling the game did you then make sure that you deleted these folders (if still present) before re-installation ? :

"C:\"Steam Install directory"\Steam\steamapps\common\sniper ghost warrior"

and

C:\Documents and Settings\"User name"\Documents\Sniper - Ghost Warrior\
or
C:\Users\"User name"\Documents\Sniper - Ghost Warrior\

(Warning delting these folders deletes save files and profiles so copy before delete if you want to save anything of that for later use/experiments)

P.S.
With respect to catching the error on screen then something like "Auto Screenshot" (free) maybe may be able to help (?) .

Last edited by FiatLux: 02-21-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Added P.S.
FiatLux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
gimmemaskillbac

this is the error...
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4476/sgwerror.png
any ideas?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
FiatLux

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmemaskillbac View Post
As many others you ignore some of the most basic onformation needed when trying to trouble shoot :
that is indepth information abour your hardware , O.S. and software setup (including which security programs that you use.

The error shown might as well be related to "security" issues as to anything else.
Try disabling your security programs (please run an antivirus and antimalware scans prior to doing that !!!!)

If you uses Win Vista or Win 7 then please see the "Steam Windows Vista/Windows 7 trouble shooting guide" also.
FiatLux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
gimmemaskillbac

will try thx for the help realy apreciated!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
gimmemaskillbac

fixed, avast issues! thx m8

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior