Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 02-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Trust93M

Angry Call Of Duty 4 CD KEY/KEY CODE??????????????

Guys,

I bought COD 4 just for the multiplayer. After purchasing it I got no email saying "thank you for your purchase" and when I want to join an online multiplayer session it says:

"Unable to join game. No CD KEY provided. Please enter the CD KEY provided ect....."

I have contacted support and they gave me a long complicated message with instructions. I followed them halfway through and could not follow through with the rest of the instructions because they explained it through the a$$ and they were saying to select tabs and find files that don't even exist on my P.C.

I have backed up game files, re-installed the game, verified game cache files and searched my whole system for that damn CD KEY and no luck.

ALL I WANT IS TO PLAY ONLINE! PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEE!!!

Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
seseorang

This is a common thing. The key is inserted automatically for you. This key is contained in the registry and should be installed there when you first run the game.

Launch multiplayer and check CD-key there, if it does not exist, you'll need to delve into the registry. This would be would be easier if I know your operating system and if it's 32bit or 64bit as they differ slightly.

The "tabs" support would be referring to would be verifying game files. This is a first point of call for any game you have problems with on Steam.

Come back with your details to your operating system and I can help you further.
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Flasher710

Banned
You can play On Xfire and u can get free codes on Internet.
Just download, patch, use punkbuster and password and start playing.
Flasher710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
seseorang

The game works fine, it's how the files are used in Steam.
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare