Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Scoregasm

Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
freibooter

Bugs and Annoyances

I haven't found anything seriously wrong with this game but there is at least one rather annoying problem:
Controlling the menus with the left analog stick of the Xbox 360 controller is frustratingly broken. This is mostly apparent when trying to toggle the selection of vertical buttons (like "Challenge" "Start" "Cancel"). The controls are overly sensitive and it becomes almost impossible to switch from one selection to the next without skipping. Add to the that the fact that the selection jumps from one end to the other at each end, and it becomes a matter of luck to finally select the correct button.

Additionally, certain UI elements (like the Xbox 360 controller symbols for "A" or "analog stick") appear stretched and distorted on a 16:9 / 1080p screen.

All minor things, but I would like to see proper and fully functional menu controls with the Xbox 360 controller.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
cknight

Charlie's Games
This one, you'll be pleased to hear, is on the update list.

Cheers
Charlie
cknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Iaspis

I also hope there will be away to unlock already done achievements in the pre-Steam version, inside Steam as well..
Iaspis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
cknight

Charlie's Games
I've been thinking about how i could do this. The game has got a logging system for non-steam achievements, but they work differently to Steams version. i imagine i can get this working for the next update.

Cheers
Charlie
Old 02-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
CarcharotH

9B

Love the game so far, but I think there's a problem with the level 9B 'Combo-Tastic'.

This hasn't happened to me on the first couple of playthroughs, but lately, the level just won't finish. I'm left with no enemies on the screen and my combo-meter counting down - nothing else happens. This is especially frustrating when I'm on a good run, since there's nothing I can do except restart or quit.

It's hapened on another level (can't remember which, sorry), but there, the problem was one enemy floating outside the arena which I could kill with the close-range attack - level finished. No such thing in 9B.

When I choose 9B as a starting point, it seems to work fine every time, but coming into it from a previous level, the described problem comes up.

Just saw a post concerning this on the Scoregasm site, but no answer as of yet. At least I'm not the only one experiencing this^^ Hope there'll be a fix soon since this game is quite the killer!
CarcharotH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
cknight

Charlie's Games
Bah, i thought i'd fixed that! I'll take another look to see what's going wrong. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Charlie
Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
Iaspis

After a format and a clean install of the game I found that the achievements and stats were reset so I did some achievements normally. In that case, information about achievements is stored localy, so a reset button in-game could help all those players who did the transition from the non Steam version.

Another annoyance I found though, is that newer and lower scores than previous (non-steam) ones overwrite them in the leaderboards.

EDIT: The score overwrite issue happens after every new or clean install of the Steam version as well. New low scores overwrite previous higher ones in the leaderboards. This is annoying and should be fixed, in my opinion.

Last edited by Iaspis: 04-25-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Iaspis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Scoregasm