Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Old 09-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #46
DarkJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blin View Post
guys, confirming, last night there was a lascan cheater. shot me just standing behind the wall from his base.
Behind what kind of wall? How many?

The lascannon punches through boxes and "thin" walls, and the SLink perk will see through those too. Don't think it goes through multiple obstacles, or walls that are too thick.
DarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #47
Fraxxxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blin View Post
then we might just started seing stuff.. With odds of the game being higly dependant on the ping it is just possible that this was a coincidence.
I did some more research, because nothing ruins a match in quite as annoyingly a manner as aimbots, and all I could find was groups either completely ignoring the title or flat-out stating they won't be making one for this title.
mind you this could change depending on future popularity.
Fraxxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #48
dmordred

Lag is to blame I believe in all these "cheater" questions as many said before!
Sometimes you headshot the Raptor bastard with a lasgun point blank and it doesn't kill him cause he's no longer there, your just lagged!
many time I roll for cover and after 1 sec I die from a shot that came from the wall! it's jsut this stupid P2P policy effing our perceptions with the Lag of all Lags!

P2P has many vantages, no limit of rooms, no infrastructure to invest, but unfortunately worldwide internet is not homogeneous. I have a 35megabit connection in Brazil that can at most put me with 3 bars on really close servers!

So, there's no clipping or infinite health (I hope at least), but things that are not really there.
dmordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 AM   #49
redcap036

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkent1701 View Post
sorry...but there was a guy on with one red bar of ping.. and his profile said he lived less than 100 miles from me...how does that work then??
It's called, " That guy has a ty internet conection! "
Old 09-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #50
SirRobin

I'm sure there are cheaters and exploiters already. Its part and parcel of online gaming. I have not seen much that looked blatant but then I'm usually too busy respawning.
SirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #51
neyodragon

You see, Relic had dollar signs in their eyes and the consoles where like "lol ded servers? wat dat?" and relic got a bit silly as it nodded its head in agreement. The types of nods you only see when you are in the presence of large profit margins.

Sure they could have released dedicated servers, VAC security for them, and a set of server tools to make a large community stick to their game and ensuring all their future DLC content would be successful. But, they didn't.
neyodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #52
Techmarine

The unlimited ammo and no reload cheat is rampant in the games I been in. I see Lascanons shoot with out reloading and then I let them kill me to get their loadout and I only get 4 shots with the extented ammo perk and fast reload, plus I get the reload grafic.

So yes they are out there just google Space Marine Trainers.
Techmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #53
sabbey

I don't know if it's just me but I was getting one-shot killed by someone with a lascannon tonight and it also appeared to go through the buildings and cover when it probably shouldn't have... Otherwise, I also copied the loadout and it took 2-3 hits on my end. Not to say it was a cheat, more likely just because I am still new and not as good as most playing.

Anyway, I noticed most playing had their ping in only 1-2 bars tonight in comparison to my connection which is nearly always full. So maybe that's why? That all said, I am still loving the game!
sabbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #54
Boe-Os

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbey View Post
Anyway, I noticed most playing had their ping in only 1-2 bars tonight in comparison to my connection which is nearly always full. So maybe that's why?
I must say im getting quite fed up of being killed by 1-3 bar connection players, when I have 5bars.
I have played many games where a good majority of the players are 5bars yet 1 or players float around the 1-3 bar terrority and face with lag kills.

Im actually wondering is some people out there are personally tampering with their connections of sorts, Ive come across players that are fine, you get the jump on them and hit them/ambush them from behind and its like all of a sudden they enter lag mode and kill you.

Dont know if its the randomness of P2P connections, bad net code or what?

I dont know but in games of old, people did have 3rd party programms to use to mess with their connection speeds to get an edge.

Damn lag is OP, needs nerfing!!!
Boe-Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #55
danilo

hey guys..

I weirdly managed to kill a guy through an obstacle with a heavy bolter.. take a look:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2547010
danilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #56
Hellstrong

a couple of time i seen cheaters in Capture Flag (EU) using speed hacks, they seemed kinda proud of the fact too -,-
Hellstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #57
Elensar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkent1701 View Post
sorry...but there was a guy on with one red bar of ping.. and his profile said he lived less than 100 miles from me...how does that work then??
Just because he was down the road from you doesn't mean the host of the game you were both connected too was.

can have 2 machines right beside each other but if the host is 3000 miles away the ping to each other with show as sucking even though 2 machines are side by side. It is the HOST that matters.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #58
DeathBirdsFly

Saw my first one in an Exterminatus game recently. Some dude with a high rate-of-fire Melta and a ton of nades...
DeathBirdsFly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine