Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Astro Tripper

Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Eccomancer

Game does not work - blank screen - not happy !!!

I downloaded the game twice now and each time I try to lauch the game, the screen goes blank and although I can hear the game music, I cannot see anything.

This on a system that can play Call of Duty Black Ops and Assassins Creed Brotherhood without a hitch.

I feel cheated ...
Old 09-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
BongPig

Pom Pom Games
Sorry to hear that. Seems like the game is having some teething problems. We've not encountered a blank screen issue so far. Can you let us know your system specs please?

Also, did you get the blank screen on the first run, or did you change any settings before it went blank?
BongPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Eccomancer

Games Specs

As I stated, my rig is powerful ejnough tio run Call of Duty and Assassins Creed without glitches - but fine, here goes:

Win 7 64bit
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
4GB RAM
Quad Core i5 CPU
Latest Sound and Graphic Drivers - I checked today and Steam confirmed they were up to date.
Lower settings ? Please explain what that means ... I have already tried compatibility mode for Win 95, 98, XP and Vista as well as changing to 256 colour scheme and changing resolution.

I get the blank screen as soon as I click on the exe file - I have made no changes to the file other than the compatibility mode - since there are other users reporting issues with this I believe it is irresponsible to continue to offer the game for sale until the problem has been fixed.

If there is no solution to this, I want my money back !!!

Last edited by Eccomancer: 09-17-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Eccomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
Circlestrafe

Why are you running in compatibility mode? Runs decent on my setup...however there is a bit of a slowdown on the third training level...I'm going to disable ambient occlusion in the Nvidia CP and see if that helps (it did for the original Bioshock which slowed down to >10 fps with it on). Almost forgot: using Nvidia driver version 280.26

----------------------------------

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965
GeIL GX24GB8500C5UDC DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) 8GB
(2) WD Caviar Blue 640GB (00AAKS-00A7B) & (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB (01FALS-00J7B)
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD
Samsung 22" WS LCD 226BW, Gateway FDP1765 LCD
Creative SB X-Fi Xtrememusic
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Logitech G500
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Asus M3N-HT Deluxe (bios v.2.904)
Antec Twelve Hundred w/ PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 S61EPS

Last edited by Circlestrafe: 09-17-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Circlestrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Eccomancer

I downloaded the game through STEAM and then clicked on the play button - the screen went dark and literally turned off the graphic feed to my monitor with an error message "SIGNAL OVER RANGE" - I knew the game did not crash because I could hear the music in the background. The only way to get out of the game was to ALT and TAB. That returned me to the desktop. The first thing I notice is that the graphics had been changed to Windows 7 Basic until I righ-clicked on the taskbar icon and closed the game.

I then went into the folder for the game and tried to load it manually not going through STEAM - same result.

I then tried running the game in compatibility mode with every known combination to see if that made any difference - I even downloaded the games files three times - each time same thing, screen goes black and I hear the game music which I admit is very funky, but if the game designers have no objection, I was hoping to actually see the game and not just hear it.

Now has anyone got any advice on how to fix this please ???

Last edited by Eccomancer: 09-17-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Eccomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
GrumpyFinn

Did you ever figure this out, just installed Creed today and got black screen with audio...

Windows 7 64 bit
Amd phenom ii x6 1100T
16 gig ram
Nvidia 560ti x2 SLI

Should run this since I'm running skyrim in highest settings just fine, and have no problems running other assassin's
GrumpyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
GrumpyFinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFinn View Post
Did you ever figure this out, just installed Creed today and got black screen with audio...

Windows 7 64 bit
Amd phenom ii x6 1100T
16 gig ram
Nvidia 560ti x2 SLI

Should run this since I'm running skyrim in highest settings just fine, and have no problems running other assassin's
Never mind, seems like it didn't want to run in directx 10, 9 runs good so far.... Just in case anybody is interested.
GrumpyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Astro Tripper