Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Orkdung

MOPP/Chemical Warfare

Hope to see some MOPP/Chem suits and the ability to use chemical weapons in a DLC.

Certainly, as with nukes, very much part of the Cold War.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Validuz

Campaign units? *shrugs* Who knows. But its too early to talk DLC's
Validuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
hemmingjay

Orkdung, were you in a chem unit in the Army? Usually those are the only people in the world to ever ask for a MOPP suit.

Personally, having spent enough time in full MOPP gear I have to say I would rather just experience the agent and die. Those suits are worse than anything but blister agents.
hemmingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Orkdung

I did time hemming ;-)
Orkdung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
Deuzerre

I worked with guys that did it. What I loved about those guys was that they were so cynical. "Aw, dawg, ya got chem all over da tank, well you's in deep ****, cuz it ain't perfectly sealed dude".

That said, I love the twisted side of war with these, so count me in if they add them.
Deuzerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Kaboom

The theme of WEE is that it is the battles before super weapons are used. The scenario in the cold war is that a war between NATO and USSR would take place around germany and that after the battle is won the looser would do a full nuklear launch although some experts believed limited use of tactical nukes and chemical weapons in the battle would be used before the full scale nuklear launch.
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
Deuzerre

'NRBC' as called in france are used in two aways.

"Direct effect"
"long time effect"

Direct effect is like any other strike. You gas a whole area to destroy troops.
Long time effect is usually done by spreading a chem on forested areas for example. Any troop entering the area will probably be in contact with the foliage, and the find it self contaminated. This causes the area to be "impassable". Like minefields, but with effects lasting for the next few rains, and faster to set in place. Supposedly to cover a retreat.

Of course there is "nuclear" and "bilogical" in NRBC but, well, Neutron bombs would wipe the battlefield and viruses would take effect outside the battlefield. And it's pretty much indiscriminate.

Last edited by Deuzerre: 02-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Deuzerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Mr.Viper

NATO would have actually detonated 120 tactical nukes in the Fulda Gap if the Russians would have assaulted... So it kinda should be in the game.
Mr.Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Kaboom

I read that nato had planed holes in the ground with a nuke and a chicken, food. The chikens body heat would keep the detonator from freezing they were to be used as mines. Nukes in the game might have a similar effect to people using too much arty there might be no point in the conventional warfare.

Maybe one tactical nuke per team could work with an option for the host to dissable or enable it in the match. Or maybe once one team reaches so many points near the win points level they can buy a nuke.

Last edited by Kaboom: 02-22-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Scorcher24

The tactics of the BND back then was to subsidise cheap supermarkets in Cities at the border to the former GDR.
The reason was to keep the NVA plundering while the NATO forms a counter attack.
That is actually a true story.
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
SapientWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Viper View Post
NATO would have actually detonated 120 tactical nukes in the Fulda Gap if the Russians would have assaulted... So it kinda should be in the game.
It wouldn't really fit the current playstyle or ruleset. In WiC it was essentially temporary area denial (units respawn), but in Wargame it's potentially a game ender.

But they might fit well into a completely different mode if Eugen ever decided to make an expansion.
SapientWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation