Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
RW42

Is there a progress report on achievements?

I'm looking to see how many temples I've built, tiles I bought, and ships Elizabeth sank. (I have Paul Bunyan done and 1000 roads done.) Just looking to see close the others are.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Art Cheslog

achievement progress

RW42: yes, go to documents>mygames>sid meyer's civ5>config

while there, scroll down to user settings
then, change the debug panel=0 to 1

then, back to the sid meyers civ5 and you'll see
achievements_debug. open that and you'll see all
achivement progress to date
Art Cheslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
SeniorBirdman

Smile Sometimes

RW42,

Have a fairly recent printout of achievements_debug to look at. Looking at it now. There are some achievements that apparently don't show up unless you restart a game in which the achievement can show up or did show up; if this is the case,then restart and go back to achievements_debug. If your achievement shows up on the list, no problem. For example, if ERROR shows up on a DBG line that you are interested in, restart your latest relevant game and then look after making sure you have set 0 to 1. If not, set 0 to 1 and repeat the process. As an example, if LANCER shows up as a 0 and you need LANCER, restart a game and build (upgrades or City State gifts probably will not count) a Lancer. Then look at your list, and you will probably find you have credit. You might have built lots of Lancers before the referee who keeps track got a new pair of glasses (software fix). If you have not built any since the fix, they will not show up and you will not get credit for the Lancer.
SeniorBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
RW42

For those who have not done this, the bottom part of the file shows the number of enemy ships the British sunk, temples built, tiles bought,etc,

It was just what I asked for. Thanks Art, you have my thanks.
RW42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
RW42

Got a new can of worms opened. My steam achievement shows 176 total achievements. The debug log shows a whole bunch of ERROR: couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_(EG DEFPACT and many others)

Were these achievements that steam removed ?)
Old 02-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Psyber624

I turned on the debug panel but i dont get an achievement log? where do i find that? i checked in the game directory, in the log directory, and under the debug panel in game, cant find it
Psyber624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
RW42

Look in the logs folder under SM Civ V.
Achievements_debug.log.
Page down and you can see your stats,
Old 02-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Psyber624

Hrm, i have the debug panel on, (tested in game and i can bring it up) but there is no achievements_debug.log file anywhere, i even searched my whole drive for it. I was reading on other forums that one of the patches removed this file. I guess i may have a different version of the game than yall do . Thanks anyways
Psyber624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
RW42

\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyber624 View Post
Hrm, i have the debug panel on, (tested in game and i can bring it up) but there is no achievements_debug.log file anywhere, i even searched my whole drive for it. I was reading on other forums that one of the patches removed this file. I guess i may have a different version of the game than yall do . Thanks anyways
The version change would explain why it does not show up. In my SM Civ V folder, the first 3 folders were Cache, Logs, and Maps. The achievements_debug was in the logs file. Sorry it did not work for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #10
Vendae

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW42 View Post
Got a new can of worms opened. My steam achievement shows 176 total achievements. The debug log shows a whole bunch of ERROR: couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_(EG DEFPACT and many others)

Were these achievements that steam removed ?)
Those achievements are some that were launched with the the vanilla version (except a couple of them, from DLCs) that were supposed to work but because the way the trigger worked, they didn't trigger at all. For example, one of them is Cat Fight - beat all the female leaders available (China, England and Russia, as they were the only ones in the vanilla) but probably because a malfunction on how the character was regarded as male or female, it wouldn't trigger. They decided to delete them rather than to fix. Similar with one which supposed to read all the articles in the Civilopedia - probably something to do with existing 'deleted' pages that were unaccesible or the criteria to consider an article 'read'.
Vendae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #11
Stexred

its not the debug panel that needs to be at 1
but
; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

and if thats not working try

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

its probally the second but i forgot wich of these 2 it was
Stexred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
RW42

enabling

Finally I got both at =1, and tah dah the counting looks like it is working. Looks like Lady Liz has splashed 342 and that achievement will soon fall. Temples are at 823 and tiles at 597. A gamer's work is never done... thank goodness. The civ fanatics forum has guys who take them as a challenge and others who think doing achievements rank as less fun than watching paint dry. I think its great to have the option to enjoy them.

Thanks for your comment...
Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
RW42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendae View Post
Those achievements are some that were launched with the the vanilla version (except a couple of them, from DLCs) that were supposed to work but because the way the trigger worked, they didn't trigger at all. For example, one of them is Cat Fight - beat all the female leaders available (China, England and Russia, as they were the only ones in the vanilla) but probably because a malfunction on how the character was regarded as male or female, it wouldn't trigger. They decided to delete them rather than to fix. Similar with one which supposed to read all the articles in the Civilopedia - probably something to do with existing 'deleted' pages that were unaccesible or the criteria to consider an article 'read'.
----------------------
Thought it was something like that. Thanks for clarifying. I think steam could have done a better job of presenting the achievements (especially as to the scenario they refer to), but I'll keep trying. BTW the achievements does sort some of them, but it would be nice to have them coordinated on the steam screen.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #14
Vendae

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW42 View Post
----------------------
I think steam could have done a better job of presenting the achievements (especially as to the scenario they refer to)
I explained it here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...54&postcount=7
Vendae is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series