Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #46
leveraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust260 View Post
Tutorial:
Launch HL2 Ep2
Load a save from the end of the game
Before you enter the elevator, press ~ and type in sv_cheats 1
After that, type in noclip
Close it out again by pressing ~
Go fly off the platform and watch as the advisors come in
Use your proffered weapon against them
Ta-da! You have killed a combine advisor and saved Eli and Alyx!
It almost works, but Eli's Passing is scripted... so in a sense it's Valve who kills Eli, not the Advisor. Horrors...
leveraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #47
Lilgreenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero1324 View Post
How about a modified Magnusson Device AKA(Strider Buster) to make an (Advisor Buster)?
There might be something to that idea.
Lilgreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #48
Solarmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuukkhar View Post
All you need to kill an Adviser is bullets, Advisers cant stop bullets with their psychic power
Very true. But they can pick up something and use it to block any bullets. sm
Solarmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #49
Sajuukkhar

that's why it would be a multi-stage fight were you have to first get rid of whatever the Adviser is using to block you then shoot it.

Similar to how Half-Life 2's Breen's teleporter thing went but moving around and not as easy.
Sajuukkhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #50
scojer 2.0

What if the suits that they are in is what gives them their powers? So then maybe an EMP or something to disable the suits, then crowbar them bastards?
scojer 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #51
DirectVic

The suits aren't that special - I assume they're meant to protect most of their body from whatever germs might be on Earth. Their telepathic powers are innate - it's only their floating abilities that are artificial.
DirectVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #52
Sajuukkhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectVic View Post
The suits aren't that special - I assume they're meant to protect most of their body from whatever germs might be on Earth. Their telepathic powers are innate - it's only their floating abilities that are artificial.
That may not be entirely true.

Their floating ability may be a combination of powers and their backpacks.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #53
scojer 2.0

Quote:
that may not be eniterly true.

Their floating ability may be a combination of powers and their backpacks.
Yes they did.

You ninja'd your post.

Anyways, I do think that their suits have something to do with it. Maybe the suits do protect them from earth's atmosphere, so if you disable the suit, their psychic powers will become less focused on you, and more focused on themselves to keep themselves alive, giving you a chance to kill them when they are vulnerable.

Last edited by scojer 2.0: 02-22-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
Sajuukkhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojer 2.0 View Post
Yes they did.

You ninja'd your post.

Anyways, I do think that their suits have something to do with it. Maybe the suits do protect them from earth's atmosphere, so if you disable the suit, their psychic powers will become less focused on you, and more focused on themselves to keep themselves alive, giving you a chance to kill them when they are vulnerable.
That would be nice if

1. Your answer actually make ANY sort of sense to the question at hand. Saying "Yes they did" literally means nothing in the manner in which you presented it.

2. If the video you provided actually had any evidence to prove one side or the other.

3. One can not ninja their own post.

Last edited by Sajuukkhar: 02-22-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #55
scojer 2.0

Quote:
That would be nice if

1. Your answer actually make ANY sort of sense to the question at hand. Saying "Yes they did" literally means nothing in the manner in which you presented it.

2. If the video you provided actually had any evidence to prove one side or the other.

3. One can not ninja their own post.
I coulda sworn your original post said "do they wear the backpacks at the end of ep2?"
If not, then my mind was playing tricks on me. So that's why I linked to the video saying yes they did, they did wear the suits during the ending of ep2. and by ninja your post, I mean that you edited it almost as soon as you posted it, so that way I quoted you as what is there now, instead of asking if they wore the suits at the end of ep2. Again, if my mind was playing tricks on me, then your right, my answer saying "yes they did" makes no sense at all.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #56
WonderfulLizard

Of course, DirectVic, if you brought them down with the common cold, that'd be just perfect, wouldn't it?
WonderfulLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #57
kotatok

Quote:
All you need to kill an Adviser is bullets, Advisers cant stop bullets with their psychic power
Yes, they can. That's why they have the swirling spiral of floating debris around them. Anything that approaches them either gets absorbed or deflected by that telekinetic or psychic shield.

They can't, however, deal with several opponents at one time and withstand too much pain, like at the end of EP2. It was holding both Gordon and Alyx while killing Eli, but couldn't handle Dog. Maybe you have to flank 'em.
kotatok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #58
The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgreenman View Post
I wouldn't mind having to kill them with a crowbar; it would be nice to get some use out of it beyond the occasional headcrab or crate.
I tried this last night. It takes exactly 100 hits with the crowbar to kill an adviser on medium setting.

I got to them by going this route so no cheats were involved.
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #59
Sajuukkhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatok View Post
Yes, they can. That's why they have the swirling spiral of floating debris around them. Anything that approaches them either gets absorbed or deflected by that telekinetic or psychic shield.

They can't, however, deal with several opponents at one time and withstand too much pain, like at the end of EP2. It was holding both Gordon and Alyx while killing Eli, but couldn't handle Dog. Maybe you have to flank 'em.
No they cannot, the pile of debris was to stop the bullets you may have shot at them beucase they cannot stop bullets themselves they have to use items as shields.

Also Dog is too large/heavy for them to stop.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #60
kotatok

Quote:
No they cannot, the pile of debris was to stop the bullets you may have shot at them beucase they cannot stop bullets themselves they have to use items as shields.

Also Dog is too large/heavy for them to stop.
Yeah, That's exactly what I meant.They could block the bullets because of that floating debris. Get rid of that shield, THEN you can shoot them with boolets, which are everyone's weakness.
kotatok is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two