Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron

Old 02-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
ZweiWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperPrime View Post
ROFL. Console gamers fail when put up against PC gamers. They wouldn't offer a challenge, so long as I can use my mouse and keyboard.
Why do you think they give them autoaim?

Not that it actually helps them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dym6_OHEiwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gata View Post
Yep.

That's also why, when LIVE was still in development, they decided to keep Windows LIVE and XBOX LIVE separate- in tests, PC gamers regularly outperformed (read: completely kicked ) console gamers.

You just can't quickscope with thumbsticks.
I had heard about those tests back when we were still on XP. Something about PCs read keystrokes faster than an Xbox reads button presses.

But I also heard something about a Nintendo/Xbox/PS all in one system that never took off about the same time, so I guess it doesn't mean all that much.

Quote:
The complete overhaul of the windows UI and the ton of other drastic changes MS is just shoehorning into the next iteration?
*Looks from XP to Vista*

When has THAT ever happened?
ZweiWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
vatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gata View Post
Yep.

You just can't quickscope with thumbsticks.

I can. I'm actually a better aim with the Xbox. I can quick scope A LOT better with an Xbox controller. P.s you don't use thumbsticks.
vatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
Gata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZweiWing View Post
Why do you think they give them autoaim?
Skill compensation. Generally, aiming with a controller's more difficult than with a mouse, and there has to be a standard for good aim that also doesn't mandate a very high skill ceiling.

Quote:
Not that it actually helps them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dym6_OHEiwg
The average player needs a full aimbot to help them.

Quote:
I had heard about those tests back when we were still on XP. Something about PCs read keystrokes faster than an Xbox reads button presses.
I've never heard of that, though it makes sense.

PC gamers have the advantage of a better aiming system as well as the fact that the KBM system allows for much more complex interfacing. Imagine trying to play Starcraft II competitively with thumbsticks. Once you take advantage of that complexity you can easily outdo anyone using controllers.

Quote:
*Looks from XP to Vista*

When has THAT ever happened?
Vista was just eye candy mixed with a bucket of 'frustrating' and 'slow'.

Windows 8 is a complete revamp of the windows UI, though by 'revamp' they mean 'let's just give it the Windows 7 Phone UI, because how could that go wrong?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatarian View Post
I can. I'm actually a better aim with the Xbox. I can quick scope A LOT better with an Xbox controller. P.s you don't use thumbsticks.
While this may be true, I still hold to my belief that the skill floor of KBM is lower, and the skill ceiling is noticeably higher than those of controllers.
Gata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
Baugh

back when we/I played halo...we'd do a custom, everyone on the same team (that way auto-aim is off), and friendly fire on....'twas fun
Baugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron