Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
Elensar

Darksiders II Store content

Does anyone know if the store exclusive content be a timed exclusive like the Space Marine content? I Really want to throw money at THQ for this game but honestly... I NEED my games to be complete or theres no point and if it is going to be permanent then I will sadly have to avoid buying this because I hate store exclusives I think they are insulting to the fans.

I am sick and tired of developers having different items and content (one of these exclusives is extra quests) in games depending on where you shop, what a waste of development time and waste of distribution money. They need to get a grip.

BOYCOTT!!!! *sigh*
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Karne123

its most definitely gonna be timed exclusives (at least, i am 99% sure). that's the way most DLC is done these days and since THQ did it with SM, its most likely gonna be the same for DS2.

i am just gonna wait for the DLC to be released seperatly. i don't wanna buy from GS (the extra Quests DLC is the only one really worth it. moving faster and some ugly outfit doesn't appeal to me) because they charge tax+shipping, so it would cost an extra $12 for me. kinda overboard just to get $5 DLC early. (and buying online is the only way i can get things).

Steam might have something special for DS2, as well, so it may be good to wait and see. although, i wouldn't be surprised if it was just some DS2-themed hats for TF2. =P
Karne123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Acheron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karne123 View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if it was just some DS2-themed hats for TF2. =P
well surprise it's not TF2 hats for once! Arguls Tomb DLC =) Although it should be part of the main game to begin with..
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
cl4ym4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
well surprise it's not TF2 hats for once!
The last word isn't spoken, yet. Several games in the past received their items shortly before the game got released, such as Deus Ex: HR or, more recently, Jagged Alliance. I guess it's the last try to push the sales when the preorders aren't as high as expected or shall be boosted even more.

With still 4 1/2 months to go, it would be pretty stupid to already preorder DS2 on Steam as other stores will definitely have better preorder deals once the release comes closer.
cl4ym4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
PurSpyk!!

They offer a pre-order, but no system specs are shown? Pre-orders on Steam are very seldom worth it.
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
piderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elensar View Post
I NEED my games to be complete or theres no point
But your game is complete without the DLC. It's just extra. A bit of syrup in your coffee, a bow on your present.
piderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders