Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Swords & Soldiers

Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #31
Ronimo Joost

Ronimo Games
Ah, you're the guy who helped us out back then, didn't know that. "Naas" is indeed the coder who is working on this topic again right now.
Ronimo Joost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #32
PsYcHo126

Yep, thats me

Strangely it seems to work now. Naas and me tried it now again, no network errors. I tried to search some random online matches. No errors.

Naas already said that it's maybe because of the steam update. But that would be strange tbh^^ But its possible.
PsYcHo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
passthemayo

The network error seems to happen to me when I have a web browser open in the background. Don't know if it's just a coincidence or not, but perhaps worth looking into. I often have a lot of tabs open, and while I'm not streaming anything, many webpages refresh dynamically (webmail for example) which, I don't know, might somehow interfere with S&S.

It also occurs very frequently when I have the game minimized while waiting for a match, and then maximize the game to play.
passthemayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #34
Ronimo Maarten

I have been working on finding the cause of the network issues. Thanks to the help of you guys I've found and fixed an issue that caused the game to queue and send way too many network messages. But I would like to do some more tests with other players that are experiencing the network errors. Please add me (naasje) on steam if you are willing to help.
Ronimo Maarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #35
Ronimo Joost

Ronimo Games
We have done some more tests with our fix and for at least one player the network errors have been fixed. I hope this fixes the network issues for more people!

We are currently also working on the issues with the rankings. We have fixed some errors there as well, but we found one more that we want to research further.

In total we think we will be able to put a patch online before next Tuesday.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #36
Ronimo Joost

Ronimo Games
And the patch with the fixes is live!

The network errors should be gone now (at least for most people, there can always be bad internet connections, of course).

An important note: the situations where the player on the right side of the map could not do anything or had enormous lag, were very probably not caused by hackers, but by one of the players having a fast computer and vsync forced off in the videocard drivers. That has been fixed now, but that really was the cause! We accidentally sent a network message every frame, and on 300fps, that is a lot of messages...

We have also improved how the rankings are handled. However, we were never able to actually reproduce the ranking issues people were reporting here, so we are not entirely sure whether we actually fixed the ranking issues.

Please let us know whether things have improved now, or whether you are still having trouble!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
Marius33

i havent realized downloading any update, but it seems like its fixed, as i dont have to use the test application now anymore.
Marius33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Swords & Soldiers