Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 02-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
ElizLestrad

Bots in Beta

Just out of curiosity, since theres no real incentive to preorder outside of early access to multiplayer, I was curious if there are bots in it?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
Kaboom

Only if your team members quit in a multi player game. The full game in five days will have ai but only in 1 v 1 skirmish battles.
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Wizeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
Only if your team members quit in a multi player game. The full game in five days will have ai but only in 1 v 1 skirmish battles.
Actually, if your team mate quits in a multiplayer game then either you or one of your other teammates gets his units and points.
Wizeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Drac0nis

That SUCKS. My group and I played RUSE for A LONG time using bots and had a ton of fun. Without the ability to play coop against bots there's no reason to buy this. I already did just to try it but that's at least 4 other sales they wont be getting as competitive multiplayer holds no interest for us. Too bad they dropped support for Bots from their last game, They keep a game playable after the majority of players have moved on and let those of us who dont want to compete against one another play. Just too bad. I had high hopes for this game to be our new lan go-to game.
Drac0nis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
devorules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac0nis View Post
That SUCKS. My group and I played RUSE for A LONG time using bots and had a ton of fun. Without the ability to play coop against bots there's no reason to buy this. I already did just to try it but that's at least 4 other sales they wont be getting as competitive multiplayer holds no interest for us. Too bad they dropped support for Bots from their last game, They keep a game playable after the majority of players have moved on and let those of us who dont want to compete against one another play. Just too bad. I had high hopes for this game to be our new lan go-to game.
the way it works is its NATO vs Warsaw, each player controls a portion of each side. so you don't need multiple bots
devorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #6
Validuz

Quote:
Without the ability to play coop against bots there's no reason for you to buy this.

Fixed it.

Well. "For me" in his case. but... What'ev :/
Validuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
SapientWolf

Quote:
Couldn't you play against people that are really terrible and predictable?
SapientWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Godeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Without the ability to play coop against bots there's no reason for you to buy this.

Fixed it.

Well. "For me" in his case. but... What'ev :/
I'm right there with you: my group prefers to play as a team against AI and frankly the antics of TEH H4RDc0r3 online players are something I avoid at all costs.

Win against them and they accuse you of H4X (or early disconnect), lose against them and they chat puke anyway.

There are some notable exceptional online communities, but only when the company cares enough to cultivate them.
Godeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
sillyjerry30

Im fairly confident the devs will patch it in later.

Most likely they just want to bring out a stable SP/MP game first.
Then expand the skirmish modes.

I mean theres a 15 page thread on the main page in the official forums about this.

You can bet they'll add it.
sillyjerry30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
Spectralmeat

I agree with the bots request many of you are talking about but I personally wouldn't judge a game and it's online community until you actually try it yourself. I am not a huge fan of online MP RTS games either but this game may be different. At least let's give it a chance before judge it.

I do not have the game (yet) but I am really interested in buying it. I love strategy games and one of my favorite games was World In Conflict and this one looks a lot like WiC. I did play a few online games of WiC and I've never experienced any haXor raXor kids online talking crap about each other. I don't think strategy games are really the type of games that is interesting for kids.

There's always going to be better players, but at least with the record gameplay feature you can always go back and see what the other player did and learn from it. Who knows you might even run into some friends that are willing to help you with your game and skills.

Anyways sorry about the long post, just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.
Spectralmeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation