Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Old 07-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #226
psychocoder

[DODs sv_pure BUG]

There is a bug in DODs an the usage of sv_pure.
If a server use sv_pure 1 and a whitelist where the folders materials, models and sounds a set to user only steam content.
Next steps a needed to reproduce the BUG:
- join to a server which use custom sounds, materials and/or models (sv_pure 0)
- join to a server with sv_pure 1 which only allow steam content
- now join back to the first server
- the game think that they have not all custom content and begin to load all the content agin
- if the custom content server has bz2 files on his fastdl than the game download the bz2 files and begin to write this file to the hard drive but forget to decompress this files. Thus the game load the packed bz2 file and think this file is unpacked. The format check of the files bring errors becuase the game native use bz2 files.

Please fix this, all custom sounds and materials on the client would demaged after a visit a sv_pure 1 server. The solution fore the users is to delete the materails, sounds and models folder if some files a demaged.
psychocoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #227
Guyver.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocoder View Post
There is a bug in DODs an the usage of sv_pure.
If a server use sv_pure 1 and a whitelist where the folders materials, models and sounds a set to user only steam content.
Next steps a needed to reproduce the BUG:
- join to a server which use custom sounds, materials and/or models (sv_pure 0)
- join to a server with sv_pure 1 which only allow steam content
- now join back to the first server
- the game think that they have not all custom content and begin to load all the content agin
- if the custom content server has bz2 files on his fastdl than the game download the bz2 files and begin to write this file to the hard drive but forget to decompress this files. Thus the game load the packed bz2 file and think this file is unpacked. The format check of the files bring errors becuase the game native use bz2 files.

Please fix this, all custom sounds and materials on the client would demaged after a visit a sv_pure 1 server. The solution fore the users is to delete the materails, sounds and models folder if some files a demaged.
I've played on both sv pure 0 and sv pure 1 servers and it doesn't do that....
Guyver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #228
psychocoder

On the sv_pure 0 Server you have played are there the custom content stored as bz2 ore as normal data? If the data on the fastdl are stored as normal (e.g. *.vmt) than only all content is downloaded again if you came direct from a sv_pure 1/2 server. Don't disconnect the old server connection, only join the sv_pure 0 server direct from the other server.
If content is stored as *.bz2 than the contend is not unzipped and stored direct on the hard disk.
psychocoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #229
Ana30

I confirm this bug.
Ana30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #230
froooosty

This has been posted in the following thread ---> http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2003354

With the following video showing the bug ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0_C...layer_embedded

There is a lighting problem on maps with water. The only solution is to either change Water Reflections to simple reflections or to disable Multi Core Rendering. I'm not so sure it's a video driver problem since disabling Multi Core rendering fixes it. I could be wrong though.
froooosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #231
Battlekill266

When I want to connect to a private server with my friends it always says server not reposing!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #232
kalleiskogen

When trying to watch my demo's, this occur: http://i41.tinypic.com/4v1w1c.jpg

No sound, no models, and i fly around killing no-one. This issue showed up a week to a half-week after you just fixed the source-wide issue with the demo system.

Can you please fix this? I'm not the only one experiencing it, the Whole DoD:S community has it, case in point:

http://www.zpgaming.eu/forums/thread...emo-issue.html
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #233
NoBullet

HTML in the motd always makes my game crash. is there a way to disable this like in TF2?
NoBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #234
santa clause

The overview-map is hidden if the server changes to the same map again. A small workaround is to change to another map and change back then.
santa clause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #235
kalleiskogen2

http://i41.tinypic.com/261zy88.jpg

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...8#post28873698

This thread is related. fix?
kalleiskogen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #236
8th|D: Darkfalz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPikachu View Post
So, all my source games have been really weird for the last five or six months. What happens is I'll try to launch one (such as TF2) and it will run hl2.exe but not actually launch a window or the program itself. I'd never get an error however.

I've been running into an actual error however with DoD:S.

Any idea what this is?
I get the same problem. DoD:S doesn't launch most of the time - I'll just get a stuck instance of hl2.exe using 2 MB memory, and a rundll32 instance using up a full core. Even when it does run, the rundll32 remains in memory and I need to kill it with task manager. TF2 / CSS working fine for me, I just can't play DoD:S anymore reliably - verified cache and deleted the local folder so that it would go from scratch again, but same issue.
8th|D: Darkfalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #237
jstsel

week 2 can only get past the splash page on dod only rss server done everything but purchased new x79 mobo
ready to do the smart thing not play dod
jstsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #238
HLfan98

Not sure if this was mention but on avalanche, MG-42s are able to shoot through concrete wall and kill players on other side in the wall-less apartment loft. The mg-42 is set up at 2nd to last allied flag and shoots and crack bullets go through the wall with crack on it and kills players on other side. Mg-42s can't go through concrete.

Last edited by HLfan98: 02-19-2012 at 12:21 PM.
HLfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #239
HLfan98

another area in upper bombed out loft on avalanche with the allied crates if you go prone and fall behind the rocks in the corner you can't move.
HLfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #240
Ryo_567

The Spanish translation is old and is bugged; it's already submitted and aproved by the STS but it isn't added to the game yet. >,<
Ryo_567 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source