Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Old 02-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #5101
leveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
Well actually, Sam came up with the majority of what we'll be doing next. We're all really excited about it; it's going to involve the community in a different way than the last event did. Smash and Brad also helped come up with some great ideas.

This is going to be a longer event than "A Red Letter Day", and I feel like it's more ambitious. As soon as we have more information (which will be fairly soon), everything will be revealed in an announcement. I just wanted to make sure that people have an idea of what to expect next, as there has been some downtime after the last event.
/reporting for duty, SIR!

Can we emphasise 'fun' and 'community'. Much respect to all the journos who did report Red Letter Day fairly and even more so to those of them who joined in. None of us want a bad HL3 experience and nor do Valve, we're all clear on that, we're desperate but not stupid ... well .. erm ... mostly. I'll happily join in all community events right up to (and even after) HL3 gets released because it is fun ... and I have too much time on my hands. Who knows, if we inject more fun into it maybe Gabe might even join in
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #5102
impz0r

Thumbs up

Signed
impz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #5103
lilyo

Thumbs up

/Signed.
lilyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #5104
Macoux

/Signed
Macoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #5105
JasperTheGoat

Include me.
JasperTheGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #5106
TiberiuM83

Hey guys did you send those 1500 signatures to Doug or Gabe ? i think that was the point of the thread first
TiberiuM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #5107
Flamov

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
Well actually, Sam came up with the majority of what we'll be doing next. We're all really excited about it; it's going to involve the community in a different way than the last event did. Smash and Brad also helped come up with some great ideas.

This is going to be a longer event than "A Red Letter Day", and I feel like it's more ambitious. As soon as we have more information (which will be fairly soon), everything will be revealed in an announcement. I just wanted to make sure that people have an idea of what to expect next, as there has been some downtime after the last event.
I can't take all the credit - we had a lengthy discussion with both yourself, Brad and Smash and you guys highlighted some key issues that I had foolishly overlooked. Thankfully that's all sorted now.

As far as I know, nothing like this has been done before, at least in this community. It will include everyone, and there will be sufficient time for everyone to work on their contribution by the time the event 'finishes' (which will probably be around early August). I also think that everyone will be extremely proud with the end product, and can walk away with the feeling that they were indeed a part of it.

It might be another week until everything is ready, since it is taking quite some time to develop. We know exactly how this is going to work and what we want to do with the community, together, but it's just taking some time to build the platform for doing so.
Flamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #5108
Vladeslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamov View Post
I can't take all the credit - we had a lengthy discussion with both yourself, Brad and Smash and you guys highlighted some key issues that I had foolishly overlooked. Thankfully that's all sorted now.

As far as I know, nothing like this has been done before, at least in this community. It will include everyone, and there will be sufficient time for everyone to work on their contribution by the time the event 'finishes' (which will probably be around early August). I also think that everyone will be extremely proud with the end product, and can walk away with the feeling that they were indeed a part of it.

It might be another week until everything is ready, since it is taking quite some time to develop. We know exactly how this is going to work and what we want to do with the community, together, but it's just taking some time to build the platform for doing so.
Wow, sound exciting! Can't wait to find out what you planning!
Vladeslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #5109
Lady_Scribe

Really looking forwards to this now! I think a lot of effort has been put into this!
Lady_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #5110
raupi

Good to hear that you've got a plan. I was about to create a group called "Message to Message to Valve (Steam Group) Group)

No, seriously: Keep up the good work. The next Half Life title won't be released in a week, so take your time. I'm excited to see what you've worked out!
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #5111
SupahNinja_GR

/SupahNinjaGR

So pumped for HL3 ,and hoping to see more events!
SupahNinja_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #5112
Spidery_Yoda

I unfortunately missed the last event as I had something come up and I was away from my PC the entire weekend. Now my PC has broken entirely so it's good (for me) that the next event is quite a way away.
Spidery_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #5113
Link2006

Signing...

Signed...

I really can't wait for HL3 anymore. :\
Link2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #5114
Omphofo-Bravo

I wouldn't mind if the next event would involve some sort of artistic challenge. I'm in the mood for Half Life fan art.
Omphofo-Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #5115
Sleepykins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omphofo-Bravo View Post
I wouldn't mind if the next event would involve some sort of artistic challenge. I'm in the mood for Half Life fan art.
That would be awfully convenient for me. lol
Sleepykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two