Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
Uff0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
Having used it for a few days now, I don't understand where this fear of OS X turning into iOS is coming from. If anything, Apple is taking a completely different approach from Windows 8 by keeping the two OSes separate, and simply borrowing the best features from one another.

There's some neat and long overdue things from iOS that are coming over to OS X, but they work in a way that are suitable for a desktop OS. Nothing is changing how you use OS X in Mountain Lion. The closest thing to iOS we'll see in OS X is Launchpad (which I agree is useless, but at least it has a search field in Mountain Lion), but don't expect anything like the Springboard in iOS.

Notification Center? Apple-designed Growl. Long overdue.
Reminders/Notes/Messages? Should've been there as companion apps all along.
More iCloud integration? Awesome, and free. Could've been a part of Lion but it wasn't ready in time.

Everything else is additional security/usability features such as GateKeeper and Twitter integration, or pure convenience like Share Sheets and AirPlay mirroring.

OS X still feels the same as it ever did. I think your fears are unfounded.
This! It seems like so many people are paranoid over what Apple will do with OSX, and I really don't get why. Apple would only lose money by ing over their Mac-customers, so I don't see why they would so such a thing. And worst case scenario, there's always linux.
Uff0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #32
gamer4

They took out exposé, and now you have several windows piled on top of eachother in mission control. Not cool.
gamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #33
Janichsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4 View Post
They took out exposé, and now you have several windows piled on top of eachother in mission control. Not cool.
Yeah, but they already did that in Lion, so that's nothing new. I was actually hoping Apple fixed that for 10.8...
Janichsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
apdonato

Launchpad sucks, just want to point that out...
apdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #35
mofo1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangr0v3 View Post
Most of Carbon is deprecated, I wonder if Steam in it's current form will run on 10.9.
Steam in its current form doesn't even run games every other update. Right now TF2 and Portal can't even run without getting http://i.imgur.com/RSFVI.png
mofo1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #36
acidking

Can't wait? Don't, get the Mountain Lion wallpaper now!
http://f.cl.ly/items/2d1i142X0S191l2...ain%20Lion.jpg

Another cool wallpaper:
http://johanbrook.com/core/wp-conten...-Wallpaper.jpg

I am still on 10.6.7, was waiting for Lion to get to a mature stage like 10.7.5 so I purchase it, but now I guess I'll wait for the summer!
acidking is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games