Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BEEP

Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Hotpop2

BEEP not working!

Hi This is my first post!

OK when I bought BEEP I expected NO PROBLEMS, but when I tried to start it, it keeps crashing! No error messages no error reports, nothing!

Im running Windows Vista HOME 32 bit

Old 11-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
corruption44

don't expect any assistance.
corruption44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Tyr_Forseti

I have the same problem, freshly installed it and immediatly get Beep.exe stopped working upon trying to start the game.
specs:
Intel i7 2600k
GTX 580, newest drivers 295.51
Windows 7 64 bit
Tyr_Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Have you done the usual re-download/verify game cache steps?
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Tyr_Forseti

Yes, I tried verifying the game files and tried to run the game as an administrator.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Add it to the DEP exception list?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
Tyr_Forseti

I just tried adding it to the DEP exception list, restarted the computer but beep.exe still stops working right when launching it.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
ExzoSSG

I have issues as well, I use the Logitech G35 headset and of all the headsets in existence it happens to be 1 of 2 that create problems when running BEEP.

You can check here for a possible solution http://www.bigfatalien.com/?page_id=14
It's better than having a ton of people here that have no cluse how to fix anything ask if you have tried redownloading it or checking the integrity of the games cache.
ExzoSSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Tyr_Forseti

Thank you ExzoSSG, the list helped:
Quote:
Do you have an ASUS Xonar sound card? These do not always play nice with BEEP’s sound system, FMOD. You may have to disable ‘GX’ in the Xonar Audio Center. Also try changing the number of speakers from 8 to 6 or 4.
reducing it to 6 helped. What a wierd problem, first program ever which makes problems because of the sound card.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
ExzoSSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr_Forseti View Post
Thank you ExzoSSG, the list helped
No problem, glad I can be of help
Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExzoSSG View Post
I have issues as well, I use the Logitech G35 headset and of all the headsets in existence it happens to be 1 of 2 that create problems when running BEEP.

You can check here for a possible solution http://www.bigfatalien.com/?page_id=14
It's better than having a ton of people here that have no cluse how to fix anything ask if you have tried redownloading it or checking the integrity of the games cache.
What is the attitude for?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
ExzoSSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
What is the attitude for?
It wasn't directed to you, and it's not "attitude".
I've been to forums before and people who don't know what how to fix a problem you might have will try to help but really just end up giving you the run around. So I am just posting the link to help people out before others give them the run around. Nothing directed to anyone here.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
SneakyJunky

i have the same problem than you guys, after launch it will automatically shut down. no error message
SneakyJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
ExzoSSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyJunky View Post
i have the same problem than you guys, after launch it will automatically shut down. no error message
You can check the link I posted above to see if there is a fix for you, although I will say the people at Big Fat Alien don't like to update things because a few of the problems listed in that page have been fixed in the patch which was released in May of 2011.

I spoke with someone from their support department through email and I sent a Dxdiag file along with a screenshot of the command window as my game crashed and the only thing I was told was to get a refund. The support person told me that she looked at the specs of my pc and there is no reason why the game wouldn't work and proceeded to tell me that nobody here has ever seen an issue like this bla bla bla... To be real honest the game is not even stable and I'm not sure why they released a game like this knowing it was full of problems and that some people wont even be able to run it at all.

I wish the best of luck to anyone having problems because if you can't find a solution in the link I posted than you probably wont get a solution from their support department, also if you got the game with the Groupies bundle you wont be getting a refund so if the game doesn't work you will just need to wait until they release a patch...if they ever release a patch.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BEEP