Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Old 02-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #46
Ad Nauseam

While I think that Dalfurion has a point, and that he has handled himself much better than most other participants in this thread's ongoing -war, I have to agree with One-Eye too.

It seriously sucks when an ASM/Raptor with the hammer and Killing Blow lands near you and instantly kills you even though he didn't actually hit you.

And it really sucks when I, as an ASM/Raptor, can't even hit a freaking Devastator with my melee weapon because he keeps teleporting around (he's moving, obviously - I just can't track him due to the lag.)

I just had a game where a melta tac literally appeared out of thin air after a lagspike, killing me and another (equally dumbstruck) ASM. We both commented on that, so it wasn't just on my side.

These are legitimate issues, and solving them is pretty critical to the game's future success, because it really puts a damper on things in the long run.

Of course, my biggest gripe is that I almost never get to play as a Space Marine.

Because you, Chaos.

. YOU!
Ad Nauseam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #47
Dalfurion

I originally came into this post in attack mode and made myself appear to be an a-hole to a certain extent. Though there was some method to my madness, I have to be honest with you all and pretty much admit at this point, after spending a good enough amount of time in Multiplayer on Space Marine now, to both need to apologize for being a bit belligerent, and also point out that offering a dedicated server solution would be a very, very, valuable improvement and a much needed one on the current product that we have here.

I would like to ask all who love this game, who see the massive and awesome potential it has to visit this Dedicated Server Steam Group:
Warhammer 40k Space Marine Dedicated Server Group (WH40KSMDS):
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WH40KSMwDS

And also, perhaps even go so far as to add to the petition for dedicated servers on the Warhammer Website itself:
http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/4471

I think the game itself is great, but dedicated servers would be a welcome and a feasible request to petition THQ for I believe.

Again I apologize to all those of you I antagonized over your frustrations. The game is great, but I have to admit, they could put a little extra love, or in other words, efficiency into the MP portion of the game. I mean, it's like 98% there. It just needs an extra little spice to be really nice. More or less, the salt isn't there. Just throw us a salt shaker THQ, please, if you would be so kind, that's all, we'll sprinkle it on ourselves.

I'd like to see this highly polished game, get the extra little buff job it needs to be fully finished. I admit it, it's true.

*low bow*
Dalfurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #48
IncogKneegrow

Last I checked, I thought relic made the game and THQ published it?

I could be wrong though.
IncogKneegrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #49
i.love.techno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan-Michele View Post
Also FOV option! Why is the FOV of the game so low!?
I got this back when it was on sale from Europe and just started playing it. The FOV is criminal. It's obvious it is so low as it is a console port. I'm loving the reminder not to turn my machine off when it is saving.

So is there any chance of an update or patch in the future? I'd like to be able to change my keys mid-game.

As it is now, the only way I'm going to play this is by moving my PC to the living room and playing with a game-pad on a big- TV.
i.love.techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #50
TheDarkChaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.love.techno View Post
I got this back when it was on sale from Europe and just started playing it. The FOV is criminal. It's obvious it is so low as it is a console port. I'm loving the reminder not to turn my machine off when it is saving.

So is there any chance of an update or patch in the future? I'd like to be able to change my keys mid-game.

As it is now, the only way I'm going to play this is by moving my PC to the living room and playing with a game-pad on a big- TV.
oh god, what a fine drama queen you are... having to reconfigure your keys from the main options menu and getting warned that you can corrupt/lose your progress when turning off the game while it is saving is a total turn-off indeed. maybe Relic should have removed the message on Checkpoints and shown only a picture instead like so many other games do =/
Also, what's wrong about using a gamepad while playing on your PC screen? plenty of people who don't need a "big- TV" to enjoy games using gamepad controls.
TheDarkChaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #51
i.love.techno

I was citing these as examples of it being a console port.

I have a wired 360 pad but I'd rather use a mouse and keyboard. The actions are hardly set-up for this combination, so you need to change them quite a few times. To do this, you need to do it from the main menu. Regain health, F + Mouse 5 in the middle of battle is hardly intuitive.

My point about the loading screen was to demonstrate that it was a fairly lazy port. Like you say, that could have been removed or changed, and it wasn't.

Again, you are absolutely correct, many people can play games with console FOV on their monitors, but I am not. And I'm not alone.

Please continue to support and accept mediocrity.
i.love.techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #52
MrUnderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.love.techno View Post
I was citing these as examples of it being a console port.

I have a wired 360 pad but I'd rather use a mouse and keyboard. The actions are hardly set-up for this combination, so you need to change them quite a few times. To do this, you need to do it from the main menu. Regain health, F + Mouse 5 in the middle of battle is hardly intuitive.

My point about the loading screen was to demonstrate that it was a fairly lazy port. Like you say, that could have been removed or changed, and it wasn't.

Again, you are absolutely correct, many people can play games with console FOV on their monitors, but I am not. And I'm not alone.

Please continue to support and accept mediocrity.
I've been using the default controls for the last 100 hours without any issues, so I'm interested in what you want to change them too? F to stun and E to execute shouldn't be taxing you too much if you're a PC gamer.

I do wonder what will happen with Space Marine. I get the impression that it's something Relic want to work on but that THQ have told them to shut up and keep releasing DLC. :/
MrUnderstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #53
zerrok

The OP has officially given us permission to rant on the game because he now no longer likes it, according to the title.
zerrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #54
Reloire

I played games on Snes, Genesis, PS, PC.
But the lag is crap.
MW3 is better than Space Marine. Eventhough its price tag is higher.
Reloire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #55
One_Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerrok View Post
The OP has officially given us permission to rant on the game because he now no longer likes it, according to the title.
You would be 100% right if you weren't 100% wrong... see how i tried to make as much sense in my reply as you did in your post?? I know forums breed stupidity like mice but at what point can someone become some beligerent to read a title and manage to twist it in their heads to mean something it so obviously wasn't???

You see the title 'Ok i have had ENOUGH! Rant on!' actually does not mention at any stage, in any manner or in any way, shape or form that i no longer like the game... at all! And then if you can read at an 5th grade level, you would have noticed the numerous times i have mentioned in my post that i love the game, will still play the game and won't stop (which i haven't despite the absolutely infuriating HOSTing issues that grow worse each day).

Like i said, if you weren't 100% wrong you could have been right... but hey at least you were able to spell correctly, i mean thats got to be a bonus for you right?

Last edited by One_Eye: 03-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.
One_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #56
One_Eye

Well sad day i never thought would come... i just deleted Space Marine from Steam. Its become so incredibly impossible to play that it really is not worth it.

I have a sad feeling that this is actually what they want, people leaving the game so chalk a win up for gaming companies without the ability to run their company with competence.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #57
flippieflap

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Eye View Post
Well sad day i never thought would come... i just deleted Space Marine from Steam. Its become so incredibly impossible to play that it really is not worth it.

I have a sad feeling that this is actually what they want, people leaving the game so chalk a win up for gaming companies without the ability to run their company with competence.
I haven't uninstalled space marine, but agreed with the ''impossible to play'' before it was already quite bad because of p2p, but the host migration bs is becoming so bad nowadays it's actually making me 1: get a actual crash to desktop with error message and all, 2: i get sent back to main menu or 3: (wich is sadly the best out of the options) wich is actually staying in the game, but needing to cope with people teleporting around, players freezing and just general laggyness.

I might just post a complaint on their official forums, because i'm quite sure they don't even bother reading the steam forums, i can stand lag, but this, this is getting ridiculous nowadays.
flippieflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #58
digimortal81

gawd guys relax the game is fun if you want true Warhammer play the board game.
digimortal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #59
flippieflap

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimortal81 View Post
gawd guys relax the game is fun if you want true Warhammer play the board game.
.......such a useless post, yes the game is fun, but you can't really enjoy the game when the constant host migration is messing up the game and the boardgame has nothing to do with the downsides of this game.
flippieflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #60
One_Eye

Yeah not going to bother replying to that waste of a post...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine