Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
makkak81

Angry GTA IV EFLC - cant install / download - black screen

I'm trying and trying and nothing helps

I bought the game, but didn't install it at once, and now after fresh install of Windows 7 (64bit) (caused of adding SSD) im trying to install / download the game. And i have big problems with that. I remove steam, reinstall it, clear registry etc.

I successfully install all other games (Portal 2, Skyrim, Trine, L4D2 etc) without any problems, but when im trying to download/install GTA IV EFLC i got this:

After random download time i get black screen and PC restarts, steam continue to download, and after few black screens it is possible to see it is ready to play, but it isn't it freeze at load, or while play (game say that files are damaged). I was trying to reinstall it over and over again and i never managed to play more than few minutes (problems with game files).

I simply dont know what to do, now im trying to download other game i never played (Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition) and it is 54% and nothing bad is happening. Lately i was trying to run GTA installation once more and guess what, black screens :/

I play L4D2, Skyrim a lot and nothing bad is happening.

Hardware:

Asus M4A87TD EVO
AMD PHENOM II X4 955 BE
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB
Kingston HyperX DDR3 CL9 Blu 2x2GB
ATI 5750
Be Quiet! PURE POWER L7-530W
HDD: HD252HJ (250GB)
SSD OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-60G

Soft:
Windows 7 HP 64bit
Avast

(game is installed on HDD)

HELP :/
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
makkak81

update

I installed batman, with no problems, i played a lot since that time. Now i tryed to install GTA IV EFLC again and it crashed PC once more at 3% WTF :/
makkak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Angel_Thanatos

Same here with GTA IV (EFLC too), other games are fine, but this two isnt even donloading.
Reported to Steam Support, waiting for answer...
Angel_Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Angel_Thanatos

That what is Steam Support guy told me, it helps and I jus leave this steps here:
1. exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
2. Delete all of the contents of this folder except:
The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (I am also leave userdata folder, since there is all my save files)
3. Restart your computer.
4. Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.
With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue persists, view the following article for further troubleshooting:
Title: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_a...1456-EUDN-2493
Please follow all suggestions in this article, even if your network appears to be functioning correctly.

ps: they dont leave their names, but man, if you read this - thanks for your help
Angel_Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series