Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
xenobuzz

Gas cans won't take out AA guns

I piled all three cans at the first gun, and shot them so they all exploded, but the AA gun is still functional. What am I missing?

Dave
Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
nrnoble

Where in the game were you, and did it take any damage?

Its been a long time since I've played, so I am fuzzy on a lot details. I do recall some things won't take damage, and you have to figure something else out.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
xenobuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
Where in the game were you, and did it take any damage?

Its been a long time since I've played, so I am fuzzy on a lot details. I do recall some things won't take damage, and you have to figure something else out.
It's at the beginning of "Assault." I think I'm going to have to start the level over as apparently there are LOTS of missile launchers that I'm missing! D'oh!

Dave
xenobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
LegendaryDread

Use C4.
LegendaryDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
xenobuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryDread View Post
Use C4.
Yeah, I found it! I'm still getting used to the world, and so certain objects don't catch my attention. The hectic combat pace sometimes makes me miss things.

Dave S.
xenobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobuzz View Post
Yeah, I found it! I'm still getting used to the world, and so certain objects don't catch my attention. The hectic combat pace sometimes makes me miss things.

Dave S.
You control the pace. If the pace is too hectic for your liking its because you are playing too aggressively. I have played the entire game using stealth, only killing and destroying when required. But the game can also be played as a straight forward run-n-gun game like COD. A major difference between Crysis and COD is that the COD series are not open world, your options are limited, once you move forward, you can't move go back, and you generally can only move forward on a very specific path (on a rail). COD also tends to be Run-n-gun. In Crysis, you can play that map many different ways, choosing an unlimited amounts of paths. Not everyone likes open world games, and some prefer the COD type game because it is limited in forces the gamer down a very narrow path.

Last edited by nrnoble: 02-17-2012 at 10:49 AM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
madef224

Quote:
Slow down your pace and think guerilla tactics, You can lure the AI into ambushes.
madef224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
SavageWolfFrog

If your going for stealth then get a pistol with a silencer and repidly decloack just before firing and then recloack. try for under a second of noncloak time as it works a dream.
SavageWolfFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series