Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Take On Helicopters

Old 10-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
kevlon

How to enable crossfire on the steam version?

Can someone please tell me how to enable crossfire on the steam version?
I've read on their forums that if you have the cd or the version downloaded from their website you can just rename the .exe file to the same name as Arma2 exe file,

but when I tried to do that , steam would not launch the game, it said " game is not available "

can someone please tell me how to do this?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Jedra

You can't do that and run from Steam. You have two options;

1. Download Radeon Pro which allows you to set up a corssfire profile for any exe. Basically you tell it to use the Arma2oa profile for toh.

2. Don't use Steam as your launch mechanism. Use something like Six Updater. Which although is the launcher of choice for Arma2, has just just been updated to also work with Take On Helicopters. You can set up a game profile in this software to run a renamed exe and therefore allowing you to run TOH using the Arma2oa crossfire profile. I use this method.

By the way, there is no restrictions with launching TOH with or without Steam - it does not require you to be logged into Steam to work.

There is also a third option which is to wait for AMD to produce a profile for TOH.
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
AMD needs release updated Crossfire profiles for drivers to support the game

We are working with them on it

Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Emetivore

I know this is an older post, but it's incorrect so I thought I'd repost it.

You CAN just change the .exe filename and run it through steam, which enables crossfire. Once you rename the file, you simply need to add the file as a non-steam game ("+ Add Game" in the lower left, then browse).

Here's a link to the BI forum post about it:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...sfireX-Support
Emetivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
-Sn1PeR-

You can also create your own profile with the latest few Catalyst drivers. I know it works in 12.1 and 12.2.
-Sn1PeR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
Jedra

I explained the steps to do this with the new CCC drivers in this post over on the BI Forums
Old 05-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
matacks

hmmmm now I'm wondering if my crossfire is working. I was unaware I needed to do anything special to make that happen. I will have to look into this.

Last edited by matacks: 05-17-2012 at 04:55 PM.
matacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
matacks

Bummer I just ran some fps tests with fraps and I can see no performance increase with xfire enabled. I tried to follow those instructions Jedra but I still dont think I have xfire working for this game.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Jedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by matacks View Post
Bummer I just ran some fps tests with fraps and I can see no performance increase with xfire enabled. I tried to follow those instructions Jedra but I still dont think I have xfire working for this game.
You should see an increase. Now that 12.4 allows you to set up your own profile. If you tuen on the Crossfire X status icon, can you see it when you are in game?

To turn it on, right-click on the ccc icon on the toolbar, choose you graphics card and then 'AMD Crossfire Settings' and choose 'Show AMD Crossfire X Status Icon'.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
matacks

Bingo. I got it now. I have the crossfire x status icon up while playing the game.

my tests with fraps were still very inconclusive tho.

I'm gald to know its working. Maybe I will try to crank up a few of the video settigns now. To me it seems the game runs very smooth when its around 30fps.

Thanks.

Last edited by matacks: 05-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Take On Helicopters