Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded

Old 12-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
bugtrip

This game needs VAC

If people were worried more about being banned from all of their favorite steam games, the cheating in APB would drop significantly imo. Until then, I'm uninstalling. Cheaters 1, Legits 0.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Vulcannis

That wouldn't do crap for cheaters, since 90% of the current user base doesn't use steam for APB
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Ethan_Macmanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
That wouldn't do crap for cheaters, since 90% of the current user base doesn't use steam for APB
This, and people found ways around VAC so that'll do no good either.
Ethan_Macmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Darrknox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_Macmanus View Post
This, and people found ways around VAC so that'll do no good either.
Not for any extended period of time though. And I've never heard of VAC getting incorrect bans either.
Darrknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
MoNoXiDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugtrip View Post
If people were worried more about being banned from all of their favorite steam games, the cheating in APB would drop significantly imo. Until then, I'm uninstalling. Cheaters 1, Legits 0.
getting vac banned only effects the game you are playing not every game vac is on. so it will not effect them at all....i could get vac banned on APB then go rip some cs/css and even Call of duty blackops/Mw2/mw3 no issues.
MoNoXiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
Wertoret

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNoXiDe View Post
getting vac banned only effects the game you are playing not every game vac is on. so it will not effect them at all....i could get vac banned on APB then go rip some cs/css and even Call of duty blackops/Mw2/mw3 no issues.
so what? a percentatge of the players don't know this, and a percentatge of this percentage are cheaters, so I'd say it's worth it
Wertoret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Ace42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wertoret View Post
so what? a percentatge of the players don't know this, and a percentatge of this percentage are cheaters, so I'd say it's worth it
The cheaters are precisely the players who do know this. Take a look at the VAC forums and see how many "unban me plz" cheaters QQ about getting VAC banned from all gold source engine games from the days when VAC banned by engine.

Ignorance of how VAC works is NOT a preventative measure against cheating.
Ace42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
Zyat

VAC would be worthless in APB:R. Why? Because APB:R is a f2p game on steam, and steam lets you make as many accounts as you want for free.

Its the reason TF2 used to be so full of hackers whenever they had a free weekend. A lot of the old hax users simply create a new steam account (so their main one doesn't get a ban) then ruin as many games as possible on as many servers as they could before getting server banned by an admin, then they would post vids of it on youtube.

The same thing occurs in every game on steam that has a free play weekend.
Zyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #9
Sonikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrknox View Post
Not for any extended period of time though. And I've never heard of VAC getting incorrect bans either.
Back in early 2010, numerous accounts of Modern Warfare 2 players were VAC-flagged incorrectly. The bans were lifted and they all got Left 4 Dead 2 as compensation, from what I recall. It's not always perfect.

Plus, even if VAC was on APB:R - it would only count for APB:R. A VAC-ban only counts per engine and/or game (VAC-ban on GoldSrc-games means you cannot play any of those on VAC-servers anymore, but Source-games like CS: Source will still work on VAC-servers, for example).
Sonikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #10
forceNet

so is Obeya less infested with hackers than other servers or was I just lucky enough not to run into a single one in my two weeks of playtime?

I received dozens of hackusations (sidenote: /ignore is the best feature ever put in a videogame) but haven't spotted anyone I could call out for hacking with 100% certainty.

then again, the "per every actual hacker there's 1000 people whining about imaginary hacks" is valid for most of online games.
forceNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
forceNet

I take that back - met at least three cheaters since that last post, two of them got banned today though.
forceNet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded