Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fortune Summoners

Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #46
The 9th Sage

I can definitely say I don't have a two monitor set up (and it seemed fine to me, so...)...maybe that IS the key.
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #47
AntarcticTiger

To everyone having this issue, one of the developers has started a thread on it over on the Carpe Fulgur forums, located here:

http://www.carpefulgur.com/forum/index.php?topic=1999.0
AntarcticTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #48
CreziFella

Smooth here, no lag whatsoever on windowed mode and even on full-screen mode on long period. My spec :

Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz
4GB RAM DDR2
8600M GT 256MB GeForce Nvidia
WIndows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CreziFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #49
dBeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreziFella View Post
Smooth here, no lag whatsoever on windowed mode and even on full-screen mode on long period. My spec :

Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz
4GB RAM DDR2
8600M GT 256MB GeForce Nvidia
WIndows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Number of monitors?
dBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #50
Skyrage

Just gonna throw it in here and confirm that disabling the second monitor did the trick for me. Have played for hours now and not a shred of lag anywhere.
Skyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #51
NearNihil

Confirming that disabling the second monitor fixed this issue for me as well.
NearNihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #52
pnptcn

Same here. Disabling the second monitor makes the game smooth as butter. Not only are the menus flawless but inputs from my gamepad register 100% and are far more precise now.

Thanks for the help Steam User Forums, this game is worth this most minor of inconveniences. It's so adorable I got a toothache from playing it!
pnptcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
Rubba Duck

Just popping in to say that disabling my second monitor did NOT resolve the issue, sadly. However running the game in windowed mode does solve the problem, but its rather small.

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33GHz (Q8200)
Nvidia GTX 480
8GB DDR2 1066MHz
Windows 7 Prof x64
Monitors - 2 (1600x900, 1024x786)

EDIT - Running in windowed worked for a few minutes, but after a few minutes it slowns down to the same sort of speed as when it was running on full screen. Memory usage is just going up and up as well, could be a memory leak as stated earlier.

EDIT-EDIT - Just tried it on another PC in the house, exact same issue.
Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz (E8400)
Radeon HD 2400 Pro (Old, but definetely good enough to run a game like this at max.)
4GB DDR2
Windows 7 Home x64
Monitors - 1 (1440x900)

Last edited by Rubba Duck: 02-02-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Rubba Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #54
SpaceDrake

Capitalism Ho!
Hello gents! Just to note, we have been looking into this and it does look like multi-monitor use is the primary culprit here (which would explain why we never caught it in testing, as we don't run multi-monitor environments). Disabling a monitor will (or should) improve performance massively.

That said, this is naturally not what you'd call an ideal solution and we are going to be talking to Lizsoft about a more permanent solution. Thank you for your reports, though, and thanks for purchasing FS!

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - Indie Shop Simulator/RPG from Japan. Try it today!
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #55
Jared82

Problem

I disabled my secondary monitor and still had the lag.
I checked the use no sound box and still had the lag.

Then I realized that the sound out of my speakers were delivered thru optical so I disabled my Realtek Digital Output(Optical) in the sound properties and bam first menu works well, haven tried the game yet but will do that when I find my other regular sound cable.

Could this be the culprit?
Jared82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #56
Jared82

ok game seems to be fixed because of this, can use my secondary monitor and sound is in the game thru the headphones running thru the normal sound output.
Jared82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #57
Jonkku

It's not actually necessary to completely disable multiple monitors.

You can just disable them from being used for FS alone from your GPU control panel.
The pic is NVidia's, but I'm sure AMD has similar settings somewhere.

Before setting that, I was getting ~20 FPS on idle and unplayable on menus at all times, now I can play for a few hours entirely lag-free, then it starts slowing down in menus.

My DxDiag
Jonkku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #58
mattlohkamp

ahhh... just dropped in to see if anyone else had been experiencing game-cripplingly low FPS throughout, including the menus of all places - I don't think I've ever had performance issues with games related to a three monitor setup, and it's kind of a pain to disable all the other displays every time I want to play... but I do want to play so I'll give it a try, I guess.

edit: good news and bad news: by disconnecting my other two monitors, I'm getting 60fps+ in menus, in town, in combat; but only in Zoom Mode, because in fullscreen I get an error that says "It failed in CreateScreen. (Saftey Mode)"

... god I guess I could keep it in windowed mode and dial my resolution way down? what an unreasonable amount of effort to go through. maaaan... they're lucky it's fun enough to make it worth the trouble.

edit edit edit - afore-mentioned error only encountered when VRAM usage is set to low - 'medium' and 'full' both make fullscreen work fine.

So tl;dr: my abysmal FPS issues were solved by paring down to one monitor, and medium VRAM.

Last edited by mattlohkamp: 02-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.
mattlohkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #59
TNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonkku View Post
It's not actually necessary to completely disable multiple monitors.

You can just disable them from being used for FS alone from your GPU control panel.
The pic is NVidia's, but I'm sure AMD has similar settings somewhere.

Before setting that, I was getting ~20 FPS on idle and unplayable on menus at all times, now I can play for a few hours entirely lag-free, then it starts slowing down in menus.

My DxDiag

That did solve my problem. BUT, only in the game. Whenever I started to enter menus, the game starts to crippple until I exit the menus.
TNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #60
WaZzUp115

There needs to be an official sticky about this!
I started playing again and then I remembered why I had stopped playing..

I'm glad people figured out it was because of dual monitors, I have two monitors as well and the game becomes unplayable after a while.
Gonna Try the solution Jonkku suggested!

Edit: Changing to Single monitor GPU mode didn't make a difference..
Gonna disable the 2nd monitor this time and try again..

Edit2: Disabling the 2nd monitor worked

Last edited by WaZzUp115: 04-07-2012 at 02:49 PM.
WaZzUp115 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fortune Summoners