Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row 2

Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
CaptainDingo

Red face Insurance Fraud is completely frickin' impossible.

I just spent four hours straight playing Insurance Fraud level 3 with my brother (after only barely beating level 2).

Four.

Entire.

Hours.

We can barely make half the money required to beat the level. We've tried everything. There's not enough traffic. Cars that you do get hit by keep stopping as soon as they hit you, or worse, before they do. I'm ing furious right now.

Which is really, really sad, because up until now I've thought everything in the game is a ton of fun and brilliantly balanced. This on the other hand is just a laborious exercise in patience in the face of unfair odds.

How the hell is Insurance Fraud close to possible if even two people who have been working at it for four hours just barely scratch $250,000/$400,000 at best?

/angryrant
Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
psiops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDingo View Post
I just spent four hours straight playing Insurance Fraud level 3 with my brother (after only barely beating level 2).

Four.

Entire.

Hours.

We can barely make half the money required to beat the level. We've tried everything. There's not enough traffic. Cars that you do get hit by keep stopping as soon as they hit you, or worse, before they do. I'm ing furious right now.

Which is really, really sad, because up until now I've thought everything in the game is a ton of fun and brilliantly balanced. This on the other hand is just a laborious exercise in patience in the face of unfair odds.

How the hell is Insurance Fraud close to possible if even two people who have been working at it for four hours just barely scratch $250,000/$400,000 at best?

/angryrant
Me and a friend made it once, with the help of planes and alot of traffic though. It is hard , but it is extremely fun
psiops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Filipfonky

Banned
Highway.

Nuff said.
Filipfonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
ElfShotTheFood

It's easy. Take a helicopter and then land at one of the Insurance Fraud markers and start the timer on the activity by going to the marked zone in da choppah.

Then take the helicopter way up into the air and fly over to the freeway overpasses near the water. Jump out of the helicopter and you'll get a huge bonus just for hitting the ground and even more points if you get hit by a vehicle on your first jump.

Another good thing to do is run towards the transport trucks and then jump into the air and "go limp" in mid-air: the truck will hit you and send you flying like a punted football. While you're in the air try and steer yourself into another oncoming vehicle.

I beat Level 5 insurance fraud just by doing those things.

Last edited by ElfShotTheFood: 07-21-2011 at 01:32 PM.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
WJSabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfShotTheFood View Post
Another good thing to do is run towards the transport trucks and then jump into the air and "go limp" in mid-air: the truck will hit you and send you flying like a punted football. While you're in the air try and steer yourself into another oncoming vehicle.
This. Each extra car you get hit by in one go increases your score multiplier (it's not shown, but you'll see it in action). If you hit three different cars for example, you'll get 3x the score than if you bounced off the same car three times. If you get over $20k in one go, it instantly fills your adrenaline meter, making long chains much easier. Play on a highway to find more traffic, and when your adrenaline is draining keep jumping and diving because this pauses it. Playing like this, I commonly get chains worth over 100k and only rarely run out of time, and I see no reason why it shouldn't work for you too. Good luck.
WJSabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
GRS9

Banned
What most people forget is that you can control yourself in mid-air when pratfalling using WASD. It's definitely noticable, and WILL make a difference.

You should also ALWAYS go to the highway. Less chance of traffic getting jammed.

Now that you know that, Insurance Fraud should suddenly become MUCH more interesting and also easier.
GRS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
PereKermann

I have to say that Insurance Fraud is the single most enjoyable activity in the game. Once you learn to control the ragdolling (especially when in adrenaline mode) it becomes hi-freakin'-larious! The only bad part of it, is that you can't do it indefinitely.
PereKermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
ElfShotTheFood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PereKermann View Post
I have to say that Insurance Fraud is the single most enjoyable activity in the game. Once you learn to control the ragdolling (especially when in adrenaline mode) it becomes hi-freakin'-larious! The only bad part of it, is that you can't do it indefinitely.
I remember in the first game I scored something like a 1,000,000 points on one hit. The bonus multiplier at the bottom of the screen just said "Lots" when it was totalling up the points. Funny stuff.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #9
SzF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDingo View Post

Four.

Entire.

Hours.
Maybe you are a beginner in the game, like me. After 2 hours I was raging. All the activities are ing difficult, even those when you have to pour to real estates.

I could have spent that 2.5 euros to buy myself a good meal.
SzF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #10
IdolNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzF View Post
Maybe you are a beginner in the game, like me. After 2 hours I was raging. All the activities are ing difficult, even those when you have to pour to real estates.
How could you possibly have trouble with Septic Avenger? It is pretty much the easiest activity in the game. Were you playing blindfolded and with your feet instead of your hands?

You did know you can stop the truck at any time to pause and spray targets right?
IdolNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
bigbadbedwetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdolNinja View Post
How could you possibly have trouble with Septic Avenger? It is pretty much the easiest activity in the game. Were you playing blindfolded and with your feet instead of your hands?

You did know you can stop the truck at any time to pause and spray targets right?
I had the most difficult time with septic avenger too. I did't catch the braking instructions on my first play-through. For all that don't know how to brake the truck-> hold the space bar to stop.
bigbadbedwetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
SzF

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdolNinja View Post

Yes, after that it was a walk in the park. I didn't catch the instructions for the first time. Also I have managed to beat insurance fraud and I ended up putting 20+ hours into the game in one weekend! So eventually I had a lot of fun for 2.5 euros!

But I was not able to finish level 6 of the Demolition Derby. I cannot earn 30000 because all of the cars get destroyed by the end of the race. The most efficient way is to hit the sides of the cars but it's very difficult to do it.

Last edited by SzF: 03-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.
SzF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row 2