Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series

Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Hotron911

How to get Opposing Fronts of my list?

Every time I download CoH it puts Opposing fronts on my games list with a big "Purchase" button instead of play. I don't want to purchase the expansion on steam as I've already bought them all elsewhere. I've tried deleting the "blob" files and deleting the local content via steam deletes the base game CoH as well.

How the hell do I get it off my games list?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
derk

you could try to activate your retail opposing fronts into steam, ifi remember correctly, you will just have to put the cdkey in the active product under games, then it should be like you have bought opposing fronts thru steam, and the buy button will probably have been replaced by the start game button.

I think you can even download the data from steam, so you can put away, the install dvd too, make it a mint condition dvd :3

ya never know, perhaps it will be more expensive than the mona-lisa in time :3
derk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
benoski

i bought coh [no expansions] back in 2010 and opposing fronts appeared today on my game list. i thought it was a free to play promo thing, but its not. really weird stuff, considering i had it installed since i bought it and i never had the expansion appear on my games list until today.

not that it bothers me, but its just weird
benoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
derk

oh, sorry i was assuming that you had bought retail, and only added it as a nonsteam to ur list, in my knowledge there isnt any option to perm delete something from your games list. try make a ticket to support or somethign.

only just an effort like this, and you will get a final answer :3
Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
juanjavaloyes

It is on my steam list too... weird
juanjavaloyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #6
greglo

Hi everybody,

I don't think there's a way - it appears there because all games use files found in the others (incl. the first because of the compatibility patches).

Basically, I believe it's to do with the way Steam handles expansions and related content - Silent Hunter 4, Rainbow Six 3, and Garry's Mod all do similar things.
greglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #7
derk

hey this would be a nice idea, fully costumizable librarylist, just have a core list, somewhere, and the list in ur library can be changed as you like .....
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
Lonegnr

Damn, i also had this expansion how up on my list...decided to delete local content to get rid of it....and it deleted my CoH install.....sigh...

Edit: Install is gone but the 6gb or so it takes up wasn't freed up, interesting...

Last edited by Lonegnr: 02-15-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Lonegnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
derk

well, the expansion data is integrated with the nirmal coh, thats kinda weird, if you install normal coh first, and then the expansions, opposing fronts for example will begin to download at 60% or something, so its possible that it deleted liek 1.5 gb of the whole 6gb.

you can try to install the game again, then it will probably verify the "vanilla" normal CoH files, and then it will probably start to download at like 70%

Or do you mean, if you look the steam directory up in explorer and then the folder is gone, but the hdd info sez the 6 gb is not there ?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
bpops

I'd like to get Opposing Fronts off my list too. Valve -- please fix this.
bpops is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series