Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda

Old 07-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #16
Rhylos

I just need to SS stage 5, but man that last boss is such a ....
Rhylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #17
predcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miowa View Post
Useless post! At any way! Please stop that and think more about BEFORE you post! Thx!
You're not in a position to judge what makes a post "useless". I found the answer to my question, and asked a different question, and have not yet received an answer to the new question, so it's not "useless".
predcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #18
philitup

See post #7 for an answer to your question about what the different suits do.
philitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #19
predcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philitup View Post
See post #7 for an answer to your question about what the different suits do.
Is there a trade-off for being immune to the gas? I mean, the Berserker suit has a poor damage protection rating in exchange for a high damage output rating.
predcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #20
realshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus357 View Post
What are the key points for achieving SS rank and Aceing the boss battles?
You need to perfect the boss (don't take damage), get a 99 multiplier, and have all the secrets of that stage, these three you can easily control. And you need to get a certaih amount of material, do a certain amount of damage, and finish below a certain time; these you will only know if was enough finishing the stage.

In short, you need to perfect the status show at the end of stage.
realshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #21
Rhylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshin View Post
You need to perfect the boss (don't take damage), get a 99 multiplier, and have all the secrets of that stage, these three you can easily control. And you need to get a certaih amount of material, do a certain amount of damage, and finish below a certain time; these you will only know if was enough finishing the stage.

In short, you need to perfect the status show at the end of stage.
Specifically:

Time: each stage has a par time. To get the perfect score, you need to finish the stage faster than half of the par time. For example, stage 4 has a par of 15 minutes, so you need to beat it in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds.

Damage/Combo: each stage has a minimum amount of damage you have to inflict. Most of them don't require any backtracking; simply killing everything you see is enough. Second part is the combo; you have to achieve a 99 hit combo at some point of the stage.

Boss damage: To get this to be perfect you have to take 0 damage at the boss. If you do get hit, you can kill yourself and try again; however you should only limit yourself to 2-3 attempts less you'll risk going over the time limit.

Material collected/Secrets: each stage has a minimum amount of material to get. Iirc, only stages 1 and 5 require some farming. In addition, get all the secrets and they'll always count in future runs.

//edit

Okay I seriously can't get the SS for level 5. The boss' second form can just hit me continuously, and I can't seem to find any pattern that allows me to move, hit the boss, and avoid damage.

Last edited by Rhylos: 07-05-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Rhylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #22
Dojutrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylos View Post
Okay I seriously can't get the SS for level 5. The boss' second form can just hit me continuously, and I can't seem to find any pattern that allows me to move, hit the boss, and avoid damage.
Determining by what you mean by "Second Form" it can be rather difficult to take down.

If you're talking about when he starts that Spiral Lightning attack, all you need to do is take out the lower turrets and stick on the ground while taking potshots at the above turrets. Since the Spiral Lightning will always stop in the same Y-shaped position, you just need to pay attention to how that rotates and when it stops. The one thing you don't want to do is get on the top platforms since the Lightning will always catch you there.

Unless you mean the form with the Central turrets. Just stick to the top of the level and keep moving. Leap from platform to platform, dodging fire, and keep pounding him with your strongest gun. Most of the major damage should pass you by if you pay attention to how the turrets stop just before firing. The only Three turrets that will pose a major threat are the Pink Spray, White Tri-Shot, and the Blue Sphere. Other turrets to keep an eye on are the Central Chain-shot and the Enemy Spawner, but since you're moving they're not too bad. The Green Laser is impotent with this setup unless you get caught in a corner or something.

Using this, I was able to go from C rank to S in one go, but I took a bit of damage on the second form because I wasn't paying attention (not much, just about 60 odd so points).

Last edited by Dojutrek: 07-15-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #23
realshin

I just got the Genesis Suit, what it does that is special?

edit: I just noticed that the "Soldier of the Universe" steam achievement wasn't got x_x but I has it in-game
edit2: Restarted steam and reopened the game, just got it, still doesn't know what the genesis suit do

Last edited by realshin: 07-16-2011 at 11:37 AM.
realshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #24
steno

FrodizinhoxD here are my achievements. This game's good
steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
Miraglyth

Very late reply, but woo just got the genesis suit alongside the last of the game's 24 achievements. Huzzah.
Miraglyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #26
donquixote

I just spent a whole hour getting SS on level 1. After fully upgrading all my weapons.

I really suck at this game...
donquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
Sentron

Darn, you make It look so easy. I love this game, but SS on all levels man thats really good.
Sentron is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda