Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront

Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #151
HellAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1stwasted View Post
It's my country too Loosifur. I spent 9 years in the Army, was a SGT. and did a combat tour in Iraq, and unlike most other americans, I see the problems with our country, and see through the political BS and lies that are taught as fact.

Thats the biggest problem that is destroying our country. All the BS fiction being presented as fact, all the while ignoring the truth, denying our own history, repeating the same mistakes over and over, and sweeping the real problems under the carpet while we try to fix the rest of the world.

We withdrew from Vietnam because we got defeatd, anything else is pure denial.
I have been hearing all these reason to suggest that we did not loose, and that we withdrew for one reason or another since the day it happened, and it's all BS, it was BS then, it's BS now.

My father was in that war, and when he was alive, he would tell you that we lost, plain and simple.

As far as your answer to Somalia goes.
Thats one of the things the U.S. does when it looses, it transfers power to someone else, and then tells the people that the mission was accomplished.

I don't watch T.V., or many movies for that matter, and when I do, it's either foreign film, or documentaries.
+rep,

everyone knows american lost the war. Only american trying to deny it. they want to think american never lose a war. BS, got defeated by canada and britain in 1812 when US try to invade canada? from that on, american lost wars several more times.

oh well, they dont want to face it. Good for rest of us. Arrogance cost China's leading position in history. Arrogance will cost US's current position too. hahaha
HellAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #152
the1stwasted

Time line: Vietnam war.

http://www.pbs.org/battlefieldvietna...ine/index.html

This is interesting too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh_Campaign

Last edited by the1stwasted: 01-10-2012 at 12:39 AM.
the1stwasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #153
flarp

I somewhat agree with the op.

A good story (especially one trying to be gritty and raw) needs to at least be somewhat plausible. For example if the characters from the lord of thethe rings pulled out light sabers. Sure its fiction but its just too unbelievable. Now I never wnent into homefront expecting a good story so im okay (in fact i didnt go past a few hours as the campaign quite literally put me to sleep.

Also we didn't pull out of Vietnam beccause we were defeated, but because public support was declining and any politicians advocating the war was commiting political suicide; nobody wanted to associate with it. As a whole, militarily vietnam was brilliantly executed and pioneered many concepts of modern warfare. You can say we "lost" the war because our objective of preventing a communist vietnam failed, but we were certainly not defeated on a military level.

Last edited by flarp: 01-31-2012 at 05:42 PM.
flarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #154
spacebugO_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manco View Post
AN entire army of small( due to malnourishment), underfed people trained in Cold War tactics using weaponry from the 60's and 70's.

No, UN forces were pushed back thanks to the Chinese army. The North Koreans themselves had been utterly obliterated.
Okay, well American forces still lost a war to a bunch of Vietnamese rice farmers who were also underfed and staving. Now we're talking about a professional standing army whose not as poorly equipped as you seem to think they are (not sure why you think that). The scenario in the game is not as far-fetched as you guys are making it out to be. North Korean is not a helpless nation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellAvenger View Post
+rep,

everyone knows american lost the war. Only american trying to deny it. they want to think american never lose a war. BS, got defeated by canada and britain in 1812 when US try to invade canada? from that on, american lost wars several more times.

oh well, they dont want to face it. Good for rest of us. Arrogance cost China's leading position in history. Arrogance will cost US's current position too. hahaha

There was no Canada in 1812, just British loyalists. They were fighting the British army... There was literally no such thing as Canadians during that period. It wasn't really much of a defeat, either. All they did was repel an American invasion and launched a few counter assaults that did little if anything.

Seriously, England barely even cared/cares about the war of 1812, they were too busy fighting a real enemy - Napoleon.

And honestly what does it matter? We're talking about a short lived war that happened over a century ago. I'm fairly certain times have changed since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosifur View Post
American forces withdrew from Vietnam. They weren't defeated. There's a major difference. There are also very serious, very important differences between "police actions" and wars. I suggest looking up "Just War Theory", and any of the international conventions regarding armed conflict.
lol, what? YEAH! They didn't lose! They "tactically retreated"! huge difference! Yes, I'm sure the 58,212 dead American soldiers had absolutely nothing to do with it. Or the 153,000 casualties.

America didn't win the civil war, the British just got bored and went home, right?

Last edited by spacebugO_O: 02-01-2012 at 04:18 AM.
spacebugO_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #155
HomerPepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebugO_O View Post
America didn't win the civil war, the British just got bored and went home, right?
I'm going to assume your american and you don't even know that America didn't not fight the British in the civil war, the U.S.A. fought the C.S.A.

If your referring to the war of independence (American Revolutionary War), it was the US vs. Britain.

KNOW YOUR HISTORY
HomerPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #156
spacebugO_O

No, actually I am from Romania and English is not my first language. But, yes, that is what I meant. The point still stands, though. And unless you could tell me even ONE thing about Romanian history off the top of your head, without the help of google, then shut up.

Last edited by spacebugO_O: 02-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.
spacebugO_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #157
Trieb

The solution to this historical issue and many other forum misunderstandings can fought out at Oh My™ Sally's Bakery with whatever weapon you like. But please don't talk there, simply shoot each others face off.
Trieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #158
HomerPepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebugO_O View Post
No, actually I am from Romania and English is not my first language. But, yes, that is what I meant. The point still stands, though. And unless you could tell me even ONE thing about Romanian history off the top of your head, without the help of google, then shut up.
I can name a few things actually, but how do I prove I didn't google it?

EDIT: Oh yea, and isn't that what google is for? If you don't know something for sure, GOOGLE it to make sure you get your facts straight. Telling someone to not google something is archaic and shameful to our generation.

Last edited by HomerPepsi: 02-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.
HomerPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #159
the1stwasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerPepsi View Post
I can name a few things actually, but how do I prove I didn't google it?

EDIT: Oh yea, and isn't that what google is for? If you don't know something for sure, GOOGLE it to make sure you get your facts straight. Telling someone to not google something is archaic and shameful to our generation.
The point he is trying to make is knowing something without needing to Google it.
the1stwasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #160
Silentotter

I spent time in Korea and let me tell you, this gives me the opportunity to shoot Koreans
Silentotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #161
Nikolas Dudecek

Thumbs up Reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieb View Post
The solution to this historical issue and many other forum misunderstandings can fought out at Oh My™ Sally's Bakery with whatever weapon you like. But please don't talk there, simply shoot each others face off.
Beautifully said!
Nikolas Dudecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #162
Fatonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt2202 View Post
I'm a Korean American as well. And I was even born in Korea so I know what's up there. And unlike you, I can completely understand. This is an alternate reality. You should understand that much, otherwise you lack imagination sir.
He's just secretly hating on North Korea because his ancestors are from South Korea.
Fatonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #163
sNOOOOOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmifi View Post
I think you should read up on some facts. NK has the 3 biggest army in the world. I dont in any way belive that they cant invade US. But to say that their army is incapable of anything is just stupid. Remmeber US had lost a war to north korea.
The 3rd largest army does not equate to the 3rd most effective army. What YOU forget is that the US army isn't effective because of its sheer numbers. A successful North Korea invasion is highly improbable because there is no financial gain for the majority of today's economic market players.
sNOOOOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #164
RagingLoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
It offends my intelligence. North Korea is a tiny POS country with no real military power. They couldn't invade BROOKLYN, much less all of the United States. And China would promptly turn North Korea into a parking lot if they ever messed with their main source of income (that's us) because N. Korea is pretty much China's .

Other than that it's inoffensive. It's just stupid. N. Korea wouldn't have enough troops to work in all of our Wal-Marts, and here they are conquering most of Asia and invading our shores, lmao.

What's next, Homefront 2: the entire Middle East is now called Central Kuwait. The Kuwaitis have arrived!

^_-;
Well I'm offended that you call yourself a Korean American instead of an American. But so what, I'm over it, and you should get over it too!
RagingLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #165
Angry_Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLoon View Post
Well I'm offended that you call yourself a Korean American instead of an American. But so what, I'm over it, and you should get over it too!
Not only that, but did he even watch the intro movie, south and north are reunified giving them more resources, more money, more troops. and China might help, you cant say for certaion they wouldnt.

and the side bar conversation, get over it, we lost, we lost on all fronts, including militarily. the politicians took the guns off the planes so they would be less effective and only had rockets. True story, read about it.
Angry_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront