Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Sentreylia

Borderlands 2 Steam Pre-order

Think it will have the same content as the Gamestop/Amazon pre-orders? I wouldn't mind purchasing this game twice if not, although I do enjoy the fact that Steam allows you to pre-load 99% and by 12:05 on the 18th you can be on Pandora however, the stuff offered by the former look pretty cool. Just curious on what others are thinking about this, I figure you wouldn't receive the game until around the 21st if you ordered from Amazon, and Gamestop at midnight is never fun.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Jinxer217

Why would you have to buy the game twice?? I dont buy much from stores but wont Gamestop/Amazon have the PC version?? And if not.... That sucks.... Guess we will miss out on the pre-order bonus....
Jinxer217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
nrnoble

^^...LOL. Just too funny about concluding that a bunch of stuff is not going to happen based on nothing more than a release date announcement that is 9 months away. Hell, you can also be paranoid and conclude that BL2 will never be released on Steam if you want because there is no specific information that states they will. They just say PC, they don't say Steam....lol. Honestly, just use your head and think reasonably.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Milwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxer217 View Post
Why would you have to buy the game twice?? I dont buy much from stores but wont Gamestop/Amazon have the PC version?? And if not.... That sucks.... Guess we will miss out on the pre-order bonus....
I bought B-lands on 360 and GOTY on PC. Totally worth supporting them. However, I would like them to start up the Steam page for Borderlands 2. It says the premiere club is for Amazon/Gamestop that means I wouldn't have the game for a couple days until after it came out. Unless, Amazon did a digital version.
Milwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
Vangkao

If the game is a Steamworks game then we have nothing to worry about. If memory serves, Duke Nukem Forever is a Steamworks game so there is no reason why Borderlands 2 won't be, unless I'm wrong.

Soon as I get confirmation on BL2 being Steamworks, I'll preorder. If not, I'll just get the Steam release and wait for the inevitable mod program to be made.
Vangkao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
nkDnarKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangkao View Post
If the game is a Steamworks game then we have nothing to worry about. If memory serves, Duke Nukem Forever is a Steamworks game so there is no reason why Borderlands 2 won't be, unless I'm wrong.

Soon as I get confirmation on BL2 being Steamworks, I'll preorder. If not, I'll just get the Steam release and wait for the inevitable mod program to be made.
You put 'nothing to worry about' and 'Duke Nukem Forever' on the same line. I'll go laugh like a madman in that corner over there, okay?
nkDnarKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
seseorang

I'll go retail for pre-order. Quicker install. Although likely to have updates on day one immediately
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #8
eNeRGy_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangkao View Post

The first game also using Steamworks since that patch. So its kinda obvious for me.. But we'll see I guess
eNeRGy_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Froooooom

I'll wait for a Borderlands 2 Steam pre-order, hopefully the goodies will be included as well
Froooooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
ManInAMask

Ill go retail. Via steam there probably wont be good benefits. and i already find the current benefit lame. Steam will maybe give a copy of bl GOTY and then some tf2 items
ManInAMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #11
nrnoble

IMHO, retail and steam will be identical builds much just like Valve games. If you the boxed version, you can install quicker from DVD, but in order to play you'll need have Steam installed, logon, and enter your key. Steam will then update the game if there is any required updates. Just speculation on my part based on tid bits of info I have read about BL2 that seem to hint that the PC version of BL2 will be centered around Steamworks.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
YahooElite

BL2 IS using Steamworks, so whether you go Retail or Digital its all using Steam.
YahooElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
ManInAMask

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
IMHO, retail and steam will be identical builds much just like Valve games. If you the boxed version, you can install quicker from DVD, but in order to play you'll need have Steam installed, logon, and enter your key. Steam will then update the game if there is any required updates. Just speculation on my part based on tid bits of info I have read about BL2 that seem to hint that the PC version of BL2 will be centered around Steamworks.
Actually you can run the game through the cd, without steam at all.
ManInAMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
Cutlery

Quote:
Originally Posted by seseorang View Post
I'll go retail for pre-order. Quicker install. Although likely to have updates on day one immediately
A lot of games have steam pre-loads. There's no way it's a quicker install than that.
Cutlery is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands