Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 02-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
kara_bulut

Medic Lacking Some Depth ?

Hello fellow players I got the game on that crazy discount and have soley played medic and got it to level 5.

Having played about 20 hours the medic feels that it lacks the depth.
He has only two weapons and one of them is just to upgrade the other not offer a diffrent play style.

After you get your MP5 it's just a matter of prefference wheather you should get the crossbow and play sniper or get a grenade launcher to kill those flesh pounds ?

Maybe give him a high risk high reward healing related weapon ?
Are you going to choose between healing rate or fire power ? I dunno it just seems to lack some stuff.

I don't have much incentive left to level to 6
Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
galagamo

How about a nice medibazooka? Or at least let the healing darts work on zeds so we can troll when we get boredXD
galagamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
HoopleDoople

Or you could always take MP5/LAR/katana and go battle medic. You should be able to take on anything save scrake and FP with ease. And your incredible armor gives you a pretty good shot against these enemies if you're forced to take one on. When you factor in the increased speed and phenomenal self heal a skilled medic can often solo a wave if forced to (at least pre-FPs). If you do take this load out don't neglect healing too much though, that's the whole point of having a medic.

That said, I'd love to see more weaponry for the medic. 2 weapons that are awfully similar to one another isn't particularly exciting.
HoopleDoople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Jsnazz

^ I main sniper and i tell you that if he main medic with zero perk in sniper. scrake will tear him up because his sniper shot won't able to kill scrake fast enough, but who know ; )

And not much people know how to use the LAR. They rather use the nooobtube, flamer or shotty cos aiming for the head is not on their list.
Jsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
MrCrunk

Medic is the team tank (ESPECIALLY at Lv6). Don't you forget it.
MrCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
tekka1987

Maybe at first glance it seems like a shallow class, then you look at the run speed, armor bonus and syringe bonus and you realise the medic is incredibly powerful in its own right. He can tank FP for team mates and he can kite an FP if it comes to that. The crossbow/GL is more a choice for taking out big ZEDs, but becomes less effective as difficulty increases (especially on suicidal+). On higher difficulty levels, normally the medic would be better served taking weapons that let them help with trash clearing, and letting other perks handle big ZEDs.

EDIT: as far as incentive to level up to 6 for medic, the difference between a lvl 5 medic and lvl 6 is quite appreciable, probably more so than most other perks (except for SS gaining ability to stun with LAR). If you have no other level 5 perks, I would encourage you to play a different, more offensive, based perk.

Last edited by tekka1987: 02-25-2012 at 06:10 PM.
tekka1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
HoopleDoople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnazz View Post
^ I main sniper and i tell you that if he main medic with zero perk in sniper. scrake will tear him up because his sniper shot won't able to kill scrake fast enough, but who know ; )

And not much people know how to use the LAR. They rather use the nooobtube, flamer or shotty cos aiming for the head is not on their list.
I'm not sure how one's perk level in sharp shooter (not sniper, might I add) is relevant to damage as medic... Anyway, even with headshotting taking down the scrake can be a bit tricky for medic with LAR. You ideally need to put significant distance between yourself and the Scrake before you rage it (but after you've weakened it). This gives you a chance of dropping it before it reaches you, but if it does you can still survive for a while thanks to your armor.

A point I forgot to bring up earlier is that there is quite a lot of incentive to reach level 6 as medic. The most notable improvements are spawning with an MP7, a significant boost to armor durability, and drastically increased syringe/MP7/MP5 potency and recharge. I have a level 6 medic and it makes a fantastic class to spawn as, regardless of what you plan to use later. The speed and armor gives you a great chance to survive until you link up with your allies, and regardless of wave the MP7 ensures that you will be an asset to the team. If you switch classes next wave you have the option of pawning the MP7 to help pay for a weapon, or keeping it to give yourself increased healing capabilities.
HoopleDoople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
anelaidlives

As great as a class medic is to spawn with, it also takes a ridiculous time to reach level 6, at least for me. I've mained medic for more than a year now and I still haven't gotten level 6 :/
anelaidlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
ilovetrance

i enjoy playing medic so much that it's the only my level 5 perk now
it's just so much fun killing zeds and keeping your teammates alive.

usually i go shotty if there's a sharpie on my team, the weapon i choose usually depends on my teammate's perk, cause medic is so versatile it can pseudo-cover some perk.

no sharpie = go xbow
no support = go hunting shotty

usually if there's a sharpie and a support, i go ak47/scar or grenade launcher to help picking out trash or taking down fleshpounds.
ilovetrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Marioface5

Medic does need more weapons. I mean, really, two weapons? Two? Both of the Medic's weapons are almost exactly the same, too. I think a new weapon that heals multiple teammates at once would be great, personally. It would work like a flamethrower, but recharge over time and wouldn't have any damage dealing ability.
Marioface5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
XSS

They are the same but you have twice the healing capacity. You can quickly switch between the two and deal twice the healing. Plus, MP5 packs some serious punch compared to MP7...

Also when i'm a medic, i do the medic job seriously. I keep everyone healthy all the time. I hade medics who jerk around killing zeds and not nother to heal injured teammates. That's why i always want to be the exact opposite of that.
XSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
Gumi_Megpoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSS View Post
They are the same but you have twice the healing capacity. You can quickly switch between the two and deal twice the healing. Plus, MP5 packs some serious punch compared to MP7...

Also when i'm a medic, i do the medic job seriously. I keep everyone healthy all the time. I hade medics who jerk around killing zeds and not nother to heal injured teammates. That's why i always want to be the exact opposite of that.
I agree heavily.

I've just played with someone a while ago who just left the team.
I feel he was just abusing his medic armor.
Each time we go to the trader. We only see him once. After that, the person just runs away, far from the team and solos everything on his own. Doesn't even care for the team.

The rest of the team only got their healing, by healing each other.

But other than that, I suggest only fighting zeds, is when no one is paying attention to FPs, scrakes. Or you are only one left.
Katana/MP5/LAR is a good combo for medic.
Gumi_Megpoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
License

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSS View Post
I'm pretty sure the MP7 deals more DPS than the MP5 and per bullet the MP5 only deals 5 more. Though the MP5 does seem to have better accuracy and the extra bullets make it last a while before reloading.

Both medic guns + a handcannon and revolver is a good build as well. Try different ones out.

I think some people are missing the point too. Medic does lack depth in terms of supporting abilities other than darts. It's not that its a bad perk or anything. It just doesn't have certain things that make it stand out as something cool.

Last edited by License: 02-26-2012 at 11:16 AM.
License is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
Myslaw

When I was a child, I wanted to be a doctor and heal people, I'am an adult now and I am a doctor and I'am
Spoiler:
healing people in KF
Myslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Bear202

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslaw View Post
When I was a child, I wanted to be a doctor and heal people, I'am an adult now and I am a doctor and I'am
Spoiler:
healing people in KF
Yes... healing people who have been mutilated by a zeds teeth and have their top half ripped off by a FP, dont worry, my dart will fix you right back up!
Bear202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor