Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000

Old 01-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #76
tb87670

I still can't find AVP2 online, Amazon even ran out of discs last year and now there is the usual greedy sellers selling copies at $50+ each. So if this petition will do any good I'll sign.

What gets me, this shouldn't be a problem. Fear series is from Monolith (F3AR does not count) and we have lots of games from Activision like Singularity and the all-so-crappy COD series. Steam already has the same people who made AVP2 on Steam, so I don't see why there should be a problem getting AVP2 Gold via Steam. At least let us play the best in the series, the before and after were not as good as the middle.

A wave at Aura891, to put it mildly shut up, 9 posts about you not liking this thread is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedURealQuiet View Post
But if Aliens Colonial Marines end up a flop, (although I doubt it because GearBox seems to be a better developer than Rebellion IMHO) then the future of all Aliens-related games will be in peril. And that I am being honest from my perspective after witnessing what had happened with the more recent AvP game.
Totally agree, Rebellion didn't do a single thing right on the new AVP except maybe bring graphics up to a modern standard. Graphics alone does not make a game. Gearbox has a better chance of bringing us a good product, but the delays keep killing me waiting on Colonial Marines. I was ready to pre-order as soon as I could but then we got stuck with AVP and I kinda lost money on that one.......

Last edited by tb87670: 01-14-2012 at 02:47 AM.
tb87670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #77
Mad Max RW

It's been explained a million times before. The licenses to AvP2 are split between Warner Brothers (the owners of Monolith who own AvP2's lithtech engine) and 20th Century Fox (the owners of the Alien and Predator characters). Those two studios in competition with each other would have to settle in court before re-releasing on Steam. A ten year old PC game is not a high priority for either of them.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #78
tb87670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
It's been explained a million times before. The licenses to AvP2 are split between Warner Brothers (the owners of Monolith who own AvP2's lithtech engine) and 20th Century Fox (the owners of the Alien and Predator characters). Those two studios in competition with each other would have to settle in court before re-releasing on Steam. A ten year old PC game is not a high priority for either of them.
Very clear and very well said. I didn't read this because I just glimpsed through the 70+ replies, too much for me to filter through it all. This same issue exists with the books, I had one drawn up and almost ready to publish but I had to clear it with 20th Century Fox which of course they never replied to me. Now I feel dumb I forgot character and universe rights owned by Fox.
tb87670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #79
daydr3am3r87

Yeah, we know that BUT this doesn't mean we don't want the game So even if we'll never get it we can at least keep the community alive like this(it sounds stupid, yeah) so SIGNED :P
daydr3am3r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #80
malik22

signed this would be great to get the community going again online.
malik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #81
Wendigo

IMO, AvP2 were the best online game, compared to both AvP classic and AvP.

Getting it back online, would be the greatest thing. But I really doubt an petition will help.
Wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #82
Gaomon

For those fighting each other over the forums none of you guys are Admins or part of Valve Team, Trying to act like your the internet police is completely uncalled for. Leave this to Valve and real admins to deal with we are just regular users not Admins.
Gaomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #83
Elensar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb87670 View Post
I still can't find AVP2 online, Amazon even ran out of discs last year and now there is the usual greedy sellers selling copies at $50+ each.
Saw multiple copies of this game in a local used game store for £9.99 (jewel CD case version no cardboard box)

eBay has several copies in various conditions for around £5 so I don't see how you can't find a copy if you really want one.

It also makes me laugh how much fondness AVP2 had in hindsight, the game was a hackers paradise, the graphics looked cartoonish and crappy and lets me honest, the only reason it lasted was because a) mPlayer shut down and AVP 1 multiplayer died (gamespy was lame) and thus AVP2 was all we had. It survived because of the franchise name and that is all.

AVP2010 didn't get teh same franchise love but is still going but with less forgiving players because lets be honest there are better games out for us to turn attention too.

AVP2 was $hit most of the content was the SAME as avp 1 (which btw rebellion made) all the vision modes were the same (even the stupid pred tech one) the avp2 game modes were boring and the class system was not THAT amazing either... it gets more love than it deserves.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #84
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elensar View Post
Saw multiple copies of this game in a local used game store for £9.99 (jewel CD case version no cardboard box)

eBay has several copies in various conditions for around £5 so I don't see how you can't find a copy if you really want one.
Just because you don't like the MP doesn't make the game bad. As much as I like AvP1 I still like AvP2 more. I'm only interested in the SP and there are still people that like the MP despite it's faults according to you.

What's more I think you miss the most important aspect about wanting the game on Steam(or GoG, I don't really care where)is it would be digital requiring no disc to play. That's why I like DD sevices, no disc's. I already have a retail copy of the game and the expansion pack. I want it on Steam for convenience sake like all my other old retail games I own on Steam as well.

I have never seen so many people work so hard to kill a chance slim as it honestly is of getting a game on Steam just because they personally don't like the game. I really don't like other people telling me I can't buy something or a store shouldn't carry something because they don't like it.

Last edited by MADDOGGE: 03-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #85
Elensar

I have posted previously somewhere a few times that I would also like the game on steam as well, The campaign was very enjoyable but at the same time I get anoyed at people for seeing AVP2 as the holy grail of AVP games. Like you I also prefer Digital games because I favor those over physical disks.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #86
Mad Max RW

Dedicated modders kept AvP2 alive. The community was ready to abandon it after release if not for the work of the AXP mod and lots of other talented folks who reshaped the initial game to something that wasn't so dopey and slow.
Myself and most of the old-timers still lost interest because I could never get over the cartoon atmosphere and rampant multiplayer hacking. Also the singleplayer had no replayability whatsoever. AvP1 is a more "pure" Aliens and Predator experience, is scarier, much harder, and rarely the same thing happens twice.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #87
MADDOGGE

The attitude of some of these people is so hostile against others that just want a game they like to be available on Steam and it's ridiculous. It's no skin off their teeth if it came to Steam. No reason for all the hate. No one will force them to buy it. Just go away and stop posting if you don't like the game and aren't interested in it being on Steam.

Yes, there are licence issues involving a snowballs chance in Hell.
Yes, some people don't like AvP2 prefering AvP1
Yes, AvP2 has MP problems.

None of this has anything to do with the OP's simple request. He just wanted the game on Steam. Frankly I'd be just as happy if it came to GoG. Just give me a reliable digital source so I no longer need to risk my disc.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #88
Mad Max RW

If you can't take another person's opinion about a game then perhaps the internet isn't the place for you.

Anyway, if they remastered and re-released AvP2 Gold on Steam I'd still buy it in a heartbeat. But since it's never going to happen what else is there to talk about?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #89
GalaKnight

/signed (just do it already).
GalaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #90
forerodestim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
The attitude of some of these people is so hostile against others that just want a game they like to be available on Steam and it's ridiculous. It's no skin off their teeth if it came to Steam. No reason for all the hate. No one will force them to buy it. Just go away and stop posting if you don't like the game and aren't interested in it being on Steam.

Yes, there are licence issues involving a snowballs chance in Hell.
Yes, some people don't like AvP2 prefering AvP1
Yes, AvP2 has MP problems.

None of this has anything to do with the OP's simple request. He just wanted the game on Steam. Frankly I'd be just as happy if it came to GoG. Just give me a reliable digital source so I no longer need to risk my disc.
Many people are incredibly violent against issues they don´t concern.
I don´t get it.

When I see this kind of unexplicable behaviour, I come to think that there is some kind of drug which boosts the aggresiveness of fanatic people.
forerodestim is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000