Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
Rodney Swan

I haven't posted in a while in one of these threads so I believe I have the patience to do so again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal2112 View Post
It's not VALVe's fault that the 360 version of TF2 doesn't have more weapons or items. You see, VALVe actually wanted the 360 version to have weapons and items to purchase, but Microsoft ed them over and wouldn't allow it. This is why most of the 360 players switched to the PC version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotthisfortf2 View Post
I believe that valve wanted to but Microsoft wouldn't let them.And there are not a whole lot of players on console either, so it might not be worth it for valve to even take the time.
No.

Quit blaming Microsoft, god damn it. They have a system that's been operational for years. Valve worked with this system, and they should have known what they were getting into. Microsoft has never allowed free updates of this calibre and most likely never will. Valve wanted to change their business model. Sounds pretty incompetent.

There are many mandatory updates that could have been shipped easily and freely, but Valve cried about how they couldn't ship GB's of content for free and decided not to ship anything at all. Poor Valve. The sacrifice they had to make.

In the end, they recognize their mistakes, so should ya'll. Get over it. The game is now free to play, why on Earth would they even think of releasing it again for such a stubborn platform? Even if they did so, that version would be stale in a couple of months and people would start crying for content they don't receive that PC players do, without mentioning the money they would invest (waste) on re-releasing TF2 for consoles.
Rodney Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #17
Calvinnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinnation View Post
valve has been a little to us
Just got an infraction for this hahaha
Calvinnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
azzonie

Guys, there are unlimited maps for free on the PC. TF2 gets a new patch almost once a week, sometimes more. Some games are just always going to be better on PC. TF2 is one of those games.

Quote:
Just got an infraction for this hahaha
You might want to delete that also. Valve forums are well moderated and they have no problem banning people that are not adding anything to the thread.
azzonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
Calvinnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzonie View Post
Guys, there are unlimited maps for free on the PC. TF2 gets a new patch almost once a week, sometimes more. Some games are just always going to be better on PC. TF2 is one of those games.

You might want to delete that also. Valve forums are well moderated and they have no problem banning people that are not adding anything to the thread.
I have added tonnes to this forum, If they cant see that, then I dont want to be a part of this forum.

Truth is, valve had every opportunity to update this game. They infact promised us it would be updated, then they just screw us over. I love the game and Have started to get back into it but if I cant say, the word that rhymes with ditch, Even though they freakin blur it out then they are the ones with the problem. What are the hearts for if you get an infraction!

Dang!

All I have wanted over the years is to see some little attention to Us. When they did they gave us something not one of us wanted. Class limits. The heck!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
Mincegamer

Have to agree wholeheartedly with Calvinnnation and Rodney Swan. That being said, they will never update this game. VALVe releasing games on Xbox ls like starting an essay and placing it at the bottom of a staircase. And the person writing the essay is too fat to go down there and finish it.
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #21
Calvinnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSkybox View Post
GABEN
The only thing he can finish is a sandvich
Old 02-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #22
rickinator9

Quote:
The only thing he can finish is a sandvich
Or decisions that will get him more sandviches.
rickinator9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #23
Chill Dude

Everyone here may find this interesting

This is from the upcoming minecraft xbox 360 release

"According to chief technology officer at 4J Studios Paddy Burns, the developer handling the XBLA port of Minecraft, it looks like it will be Microsoft changing their ways as Minecraft could be the first Xbox 360 game to do "constant updates"."

This doesnt mean anything for the orange box on xbox because it is most likely never going to update. But it gives hope for future games. At the moment its only for arcade games so dont get your hopes up too high.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/minecra...s-for-xbox-360

-EDIT
If microsoft doesnt change their ways Minecraft on xbox will be the next "OrangeBox" Situation. Where the game will be left behind , never to updated more than one or two times.

Last edited by Chill Dude: 02-17-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #24
Mincegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Dude View Post
Everyone here may find this interesting

This is from the upcoming minecraft xbox 360 release

"According to chief technology officer at 4J Studios Paddy Burns, the developer handling the XBLA port of Minecraft, it looks like it will be Microsoft changing their ways as Minecraft could be the first Xbox 360 game to do "constant updates"."

This doesnt mean anything for the orange box on xbox because it is most likely never going to update. But it gives hope for future games. At the moment its only for arcade games so dont get your hopes up too high.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/minecra...s-for-xbox-360

-EDIT
If microsoft doesnt change their ways Minecraft on xbox will be the next "OrangeBox" Situation. Where the game will be left behind , never to updated more than one or two times.
I don't know much about Minecraft, but it does seem like a game that would really benefit from frequent updates. And while I understand that TF2 is also that kind of game, still, there are individual and finished pieces of content (like maps and weapons) that could have been released in one-time DLC packs.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
azzonie

The entire mincraft game for PC is 264 KB. I suspect that is the only reason it will recieve updates. The entire game is extremely small. It is unlikely a patch would ever hit 1 meg.
azzonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #26
Mincegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSkybox View Post
Yes but it would have been "too much work and money" for valve to waste their time on. I have achieved custom maps and weapon skins, but sadly, they are client side and on some occasions, cause crashing. It is unfortunate that I could not share it with other players. I wish that the game would be updated with new weapons and other content but it never will. That is the sad truth.
Yes I've heard about stuff like that. And I've been in some of the custom games like payload and zombies. I've actually been a bit depressed over this lately... not only has VALVe killed TF2 on consoles, but they are going to kill L4D2 next.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #27
Darkrapture237

Thumbs up

I'm actually over the whole orange box update crap. I don't even play the game anymore. I do, whenever I feel like playing a "vanilla" tf2. Anywho, in gaben's latest inverview, ( introducing gabe's new, stunning beard ), he said that he, and the team, won't be scared to release hardware into the public. One of his thoughts were to possibly release Valve's very own console. He states that all of the platforms out there; are too "closed". That they wouldn't allow access to all of Steamwork's advancement. The ps3 has steamworks, but sony isn't FULLY allowing all content. So, he thought, "if we have to, we're going to do so". Many people thought to label the possible console= Steambox. Or even Steam Power. Steam's advancement on software and gaming, has so very much satisfaction, that Gaben is looking forward to it. "many closed platforms aren't being as opened as we hoped". Ergo, the results of the Orange Box. If Newell and the team decides to construct a console, and wish to have at least THOUSANDS of sales, they'd need to release HL3 with it.......(P.S, in the interview, he mentioned Valve's response to HL3 and l4d3! No joke, it's on "penny arcade")
Darkrapture237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #28
Mincegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrapture237 View Post
I'm actually over the whole orange box update crap. I don't even play the game anymore. I do, whenever I feel like playing a "vanilla" tf2. Anywho, in gaben's latest inverview, ( introducing gabe's new, stunning beard ), he said that he, and the team, won't be scared to release hardware into the public. One of his thoughts were to possibly release Valve's very own console. He states that all of the platforms out there; are too "closed". That they wouldn't allow access to all of Steamwork's advancement. The ps3 has steamworks, but sony isn't FULLY allowing all content. So, he thought, "if we have to, we're going to do so". Many people thought to label the possible console= Steambox. Or even Steam Power. Steam's advancement on software and gaming, has so very much satisfaction, that Gaben is looking forward to it. "many closed platforms aren't being as opened as we hoped". Ergo, the results of the Orange Box. If Newell and the team decides to construct a console, and wish to have at least THOUSANDS of sales, they'd need to release HL3 with it.......(P.S, in the interview, he mentioned Valve's response to HL3 and l4d3! No joke, it's on "penny arcade")
VALVe releasing their own console would be... pretty neat actually. I've practically said everything bad I can about them, but if it would mean the ability to get updates for their games, and if it was at a cheap price, I would buy it. Although I'm sure it would be more like OnLive than anything else... which I'm not too interested in. They just need to release content on PS3 and Xbox 360. /problemsolved
Old 03-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #29
Spyro Cool

I wish they could release TF2 ON IT'S OWN for the PS3 and 360 (I use PS3). My laptop is terrible with multiplayer games. They could do it like how they did Portal 2.

It could connect to PC servers, get achievements, trade, get hats/weapons, etc!
Spyro Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
IncubatedCamels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincegamer View Post
VALVe releasing their own console would be... pretty neat actually. I've practically said everything bad I can about them, but if it would mean the ability to get updates for their games, and if it was at a cheap price, I would buy it. Although I'm sure it would be more like OnLive than anything else... which I'm not too interested in. They just need to release content on PS3 and Xbox 360. /problemsolved
I admit it would be neat. But Valve already owns their own console. It's called Steam I mean what's the point in making a console of something they already have. Your points are very good, but I'd rather stay on PC. Besides it's fine the way it is. I don't see the need for consoles anyway. If you hook up your PC to a T.V. and play with Xbox controller. You basically have the idea of an Xbox. Without the same layout and stuff. Lol.
IncubatedCamels is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box