Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
gotthisfortf2

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specopsg View Post
I played Oblivion and Skyrim vanilla. Not a single mod, and I don't see a reason because I find the base game just fine.
Nor have I.
gotthisfortf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #32
sgtdes

Thats like trying to eat a steak cooked without any salt or pepper. Yes, it's good, but it could be so much better.
sgtdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #33
wasteomind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebz View Post
When I mentioned the no jumping I was saying that for a game in which you are rooted to the ground you sure don't feel attached, since even just a slight tap forward makes your character skid like he's trying to stop on ice.

I mentioned that skyrim had a bad inventory system which Amalur copied and actually made worse.

Not sure what is so wrong in your life that you feel my comments were a personal attack on yourself.
At what point did I say anything that even remotely gave the impression I thought it was a personal attack? I don't. If anything, your closing sentence in the response was an unprovoked personal attack, So thanks for taking it to that level. I'm not sure what is so wrong in your life that you feel the need to jump on a forum, make silly pointless arguments about your peeves sounding like a 10 year old brat in an attempt to deter others from a game they might enjoy.

I'm just saying this argument is trivial at best. It isn't my fault some people are too demanding and malcontent on a daily basis. Everyone always wants something new yet when something new comes out they whine and complain it isn't exactly like the last game they played. Then they whine over the price. Think about this for a moment. 120+ hours of content for 60 bucks, or 5-10 hours of content for 60 bucks. Which category do you think this game is in? Then think, which is the best value for the money? 49 cents per hour (assuming 120 hours) of entertainment or 6 bucks per hour (assuming 10 hours)? Price to value is the completely wrong argument. Not my fault, nor the developers that some people are too ADD to sit through that much game time before moving on to something else.

Its beyond stupid. I don't want the next 15 RPGs released to be Skyrim clones because the fans all ed and moaned anything different into the bargain bin.
wasteomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #34
rheedend

You don't understand why people would buy this. I also don't understand what are those million of sheeps doing buying yearly cod's/mw's with thousand of retexturized DLC's and refurbished maps (+amazingly facebookish cod elite ) to do always the same

So figures
rheedend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
wolverine1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteomind View Post
I don't want the next 15 RPGs released to be Skyrim clones because the fans all ed and moaned anything different into the bargain bin.
^^ Does bring up a good point. Have to take chances on newer IP's. As for the inventory system thing. I got to thinking, It wasn't all that unmanageable. It has the junk button from dragon age origins which is great. I usually look at the stuff as I am picking it up and decide then if it is better or worse than what I have and cast it to junk then sell it all with one button press. The only thing that gets out of hand is the potions when you have a bunch of them but I don't know if there would be an easier way to categorize those anyhow without clicking through yet another submenu. Some things such as these you kind of come to accept, a necessary step in a game like this. Can't really call it a game breaker. As for the camera. Hasn't been an issue really for myself (maybe personal preference, not sure) but it seems the camera auto zooms out enough to make combat work. Rarely has it complicated anything (but that is my experience with it, others may be affected just like FOV affects some different).
wolverine1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning