Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm

Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #391
Guhn.E

Not sure if troll or just derp...
Guhn.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #392
DaDuke

Alien Swarm uninstall

Any game where unskilled people like me can't adjust difficulty levels to the point where the game can be played is not even worth the bit space on a hard drive. Even with the cost of space being so inexpensive. I tried the "cheats" instructions found at different sites to no avail. I don't understand how this would not even work. I have made cheats work in other games. The problem with the weak programing is this adjustment should not have to be sought out and injected into the game. It should be in the options menu. So all you "expert gamers" can poke fun now. But the fact remains. Where does the expertise lie? Where a blind man can learn to walk a tight rope or the blind man can be made to see.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #393
Smapdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDuke View Post
Any game where unskilled people like me can't adjust difficulty levels to the point where the game can be played is not even worth the bit space on a hard drive. Even with the cost of space being so inexpensive. I tried the "cheats" instructions found at different sites to no avail. I don't understand how this would not even work. I have made cheats work in other games. The problem with the weak programing is this adjustment should not have to be sought out and injected into the game. It should be in the options menu. So all you "expert gamers" can poke fun now. But the fact remains. Where does the expertise lie? Where a blind man can learn to walk a tight rope or the blind man can be made to see.
Alien Swarm has the ability to adjust the difficulty. In fact it has a plurality of difficulty enhancing options.
Smapdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #394
gr3y_

Isn't there any way to turn off the side camera that pops up during slow-mo sequences (such as the elevator sequence of the second level)? I think it could improve performances.
gr3y_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #395
step2ice

Any new info on binding voice commands?

I miss the "yeah" and "no way" sayings, they're somehow not in the circle command UI.
step2ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #396
eyezex

i cannot get this command to work, supposedly it makes it so you can play solo

asw_ignore_need_two_player_requirement 1

any help plz
eyezex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #397
Amaroq

Arrow More Command Stuff (Re-Post)

You forgot one:

cl_showfps 1

Shows the Map Name and Framerate via an unobtrusive little bit of text in the upper corner of the screen. Sometimes the upper right-hand, sometimes the upper left-hand.

Also;
Code:
bind <key> "firstperson; toggle asw_hide_marine; toggle asw_controls"
I plan on binding this to a key. Is there a way to make it toggle between first and thirdperson?

Finally;

Is there a console command that makes the HUD always display your objectives so that you don't have to complete an objective to know what they are?

Quote:
Code:
asw_horde_override 1; asw_wanderer_override 1
Enables an AI director like in L4D
Won't that just make the game harder? I don't think you need the console to enable those, there is already an option for Onslaught Mode (which turns those on).

Quote:
it cant work with brackets, you should also try to directly assign the bots to slots

cl_selectm w 1
cl_selectm x 2
cl_selectm y 3
cl_selectm z 4

with w != x != y != z and w,x,y,z = [0,7]

e.g.
cl_selectm 4 1 // Jaeger first slot
cl_selectm 2 2 // Faith secound slot
cl_selectm 7 3 // Vegas third slot
cl_selectm 3 4 // Crash fourth slot
Is there a way to make it pick a random marine? Also, can you change the marine once it is picked?

Last edited by Amaroq: 06-10-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Amaroq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #398
Kein

Does anyone remember the command to hide excessive UI/HUD elements? Like that portrait of the colonel - it is quite annoying when appears.
Kein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #399
Amaroq

--- Off-Topic ---

Hold on, I just thought of something. It doesn't have anything to do with Alien Swarm, but it does have to do with the Source engine and the developer console and SDK and whatnot.

I was looking at the Gameinfo files for a bunch of mods I had installed for my games (such as Blue Portals, a very cool Portal mod), and I saw things suck as <command> 2 instead of <command> 1 or <command> 0

What is 2 used for when dealing with cvars an whatnot? Is it lke some kind of superposition between the 1 and 0 where it is both at the same time (kinda like Quantum Computers or the Shrodinger's Cat theory)?

--- On-Topic (ish) ---

I opened notepad to edit my autoexec.cfg file and then I remembered that in notepad you can press F5 to insert the time and date into a document. Should I do this so that when I open the console it will tell me when those changes were made? Here is an example:

Code:
"Changes made 5:06 AM 6/11/2012"

asw_fast_reload_under_marine 1
asw_marine_labels_cursor_maxdist 1000
cl_showfps 1
asw_ignore_need_two_player_requirement 1
asw_show_all_singleplayer_maps 1
asw_camera_shake 0
bind c "cl_emote 0"
bind f "firstperson; asw_hide_marine 1; asw_controls 0"
bind i "thirdperson; asw_hide_marine 0; asw_controls 1"
bind u asw_ent_create asw_target_dummy
bind MWHEELUP "ASW_ActivatePrimary"
bind MWHEELDOWN "ASW_InvNext"
asw_flare_r 255
asw_flare_g 0
asw_flare_b 0
Anyway, I'm still trying to find a way to use a single key to switch between firstperson and thirdperson.

Code:
bind p "firstpersonshooter"
alias firstpersonshooter "firstperson; asw_hide_marine; asw_controls 0; bind f overheadview"
alias overheadview "thirdperson; asw_hide_marine; asw_controls 1"
Will that work? Maybe I can do the same for the Spawn Menu in Garry's Mod.

Last edited by Amaroq: 06-11-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #400
Amaroq

Quote:
So, to add a bot to your game:
cl_selectm (marinenum) (slot)
(marinenum) being numbers 0-7 for Sarge, Wildcat, etc. through Vegas, respectively.
(slot) being 0-3, for players 1-4, respectively. Slot number -1 can also be used to add to the first available slot.
Can I change the selected marine once I create the bot (by clicking on their portrait and selecting a different marine)?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #401
XFunc_CaRteR

There is a command that allows a mapper to fire an output, inside a map, that basically enters a console command into the player's console.

Anyone know that?
XFunc_CaRteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:12 AM   #402
TzC | :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFunc_CaRteR View Post
There is a command that allows a mapper to fire an output, inside a map, that basically enters a console command into the player's console.

Anyone know that?
Late asf reply, but I was told they removed it.
TzC | :D is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm