Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
susitsu

Still no fix for black screen?

Well, Ive looked around on the internet a nice amount and all things relating to it are around from two years ago; though from playing the demo, it seems the issues still exists. This issue being where you can hear all the sound, move, but can't see a thing you're doing. Hoping someone has found SOMETHING in the last two years, I present to you my computer specs

Manufacturer: Toshiba

Model: Satellite L755

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz

Installed memory(RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Graphics Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Now I would really love to check the game out via demo, but if there is a fix for it that you can get from buying the game, I suppose Ive heard enough about it to be willing to buy it, but I would really rather not if I'm not even able to play it.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
envirovore

Quote:
Originally Posted by susitsu View Post

Graphics Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Integrated GPU's are not officially supported, so don't expect a fix any time soon. This isn't due to anything on Frictional's end, but how poorly Intel handles their OpenGL support.

I had read that there is a way to get the game to run on Intel HD GPU's, but apparently it's still very poor performance.

Go to this link:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html
Read section 1.3 Users of Intel graphics cards. You may or may not be able to run it, follow the instructions in that thread.

Last edited by envirovore: 02-25-2012 at 10:15 AM.
envirovore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
susitsu

Well, thank you for a straight forward and concise answer, saddens me to find that out being I was quite excited to try this game, oh well.
susitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
envirovore

If your Intel GPU is one of the HD3 or HD4 series, then check the link I posted for possible solutions. It may play, but you'll probably have to bump some settings down/off.
If it works, cool! If it doesn't, well it was worth a shot, right?
Old 02-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
a709622932

I have a laptop (Samsung) that runs on Dual-Graphics, as Intel(R) HD Graphics Family being the Primary Graphics Card, because both Skyrim and Deus Ex Human Revolution detect that as the Graphics Card I have. But I also have an ATI AMD Radeon HD 6490M Graphics Card as my other Graphics Card, and the problem I am having is also Black Screen. So is there any way I can run this game, or maybe have the game detects my ATI Graphics Card instead of my Intel HD?
a709622932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
envirovore

Follow the link posted in my previous post here, it's the Amnesia Troubleshooting Guide.
There should be a solution to your problem in there.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Amnesia: The Dark Descent