Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Xotic

Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #46
Pyronious

WXP Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr_Forseti View Post
I got an Asus Nvidia GTX 580 DCII
CPU is an Intel 2600k and OS is W7 64 bit if that helps.

I checked if the GPU is overheating, but it stayed well below 70°C, so that shouldnt be it. Driver version is 295.51.
Hmm. Could be related to some optimization Nvidia is working on in that driver version, which is still in beta.

I will try reporting it to the Nvidia DevRel folks and see if they can repro it.
Pyronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #47
Tyr_Forseti

Well I am unsure if the drivers are the problem, I am forcing 32xS AA and 8x SGSAA in the nvidia drivers currently. That might result in the problem. I will try to turn those to 32xQ and 8x Multisampling instead, when I play next time.
But even if these settings produce the problem, its wierd that it runs smooth and than randomly produces the glitch.

Oh and these resolution changing, it looks like its impossible to run the game with 1920x1080 in full screen? Its fine to play this game in 1920x1200, but incase I want to make a video for youtube 16:9 would be better. And windowed mode is distracting.
Tyr_Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #48
Pyronious

WXP Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr_Forseti View Post
Well I am unsure if the drivers are the problem, I am forcing 32xS AA and 8x SGSAA in the nvidia drivers currently. That might result in the problem. I will try to turn those to 32xQ and 8x Multisampling instead, when I play next time.
But even if these settings produce the problem, its wierd that it runs smooth and than randomly produces the glitch.

Oh and these resolution changing, it looks like its impossible to run the game with 1920x1080 in full screen? Its fine to play this game in 1920x1200, but incase I want to make a video for youtube 16:9 would be better. And windowed mode is distracting.
Unfortunately our engine doesn't support native anti-aliasing. Forcing it on tends to cause some weird render-state issues that result in graphical anomalies. The only one I've seen is that the glow pass doesn't work, but it could be different on your system. Funky render states are unpredictable.

The bad news is that we don't have a graphics engineer on staff at the moment to address this issue. However, it's on my list of things I'd like to get fixed if we ever have the money to hire someone.

As for running the game in 1920x1080, you might be able to do a workaround on that. In your My Documents/Xotic folder there is a "settings.dat" file. Try moving the file out of that folder, then setting your desktop resolution to 1920x1080. Then launch the game. I believe if no settings file is present, the game will launch at the resolution of the current desktop. Not ideal, but could work if you want to record for YouTube.
Pyronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #49
Tyr_Forseti

yes, setting the native desktop resolution to 1920x1080 and removing the setting file works. But when I turn the desktop resolution back to 1920x1200 and start the game it uses the resolution again. So it seems the game always uses the desktop resolution in full screen mode.
Tyr_Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #50
ripetomatoe

This game runs fine in the tutorial levels, but when I hit the campaign it slows down to a halt (about 5-15 FPS) This is terribly unplayable.

I'm currently running an i7-2600k @ 4.5GHz and a 570GTX with 8GBs of RAM. There is no hardware reason for this to be running slow. I've configured the nVidia control panel to let the application do everything.

Thanks in advance for your help,
-Ripe
ripetomatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Xotic