Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Empire: Total War

Old 01-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Acidic

Could someone lend me a hand?

You'll probarbly read this post and think 'what an odd character' but I need help on this, I dont know whats wrong with me. So here goes...

Basically, I love playing E:TW ever since i bought and downloaded it from Steam. I always play the GB GC but I often find myself waaay to immersed in war, for example if its not the Iroqois invading after turn 1, then its either the Swedish, Maratha, French or if im lucky all four.

Now i do love a bit of realism, but I often find myself so frustrated and annoyed with everything that goes on, I have very little room to expand because most of my army is busy defending land which if I move to expand i can almost guarantee the land will be taken.

This said, I then stop - exit and start all over again, i don't really feel like doing it again or ever, I want to play the game but i want it to feel as if (and pardon me for saying this) there is a sense of realism.

I know that will sound entirely hypocritical to you viewers, but what i mean by realism (as I am an avid historian) is expanding British interests in turn such as the Pirate lands, Canada, et cetera et cetera.

Could someone give me advice? Thank you.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Acidic

bump.
Acidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
Rience

I don't think I understand you well. You wish to recreate the history of british conquest, but find yourself overwhelmed by aggressive AI?

If so, then one thing to try is lowering difficulty setting to easy.
Rience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
RyanTheHunter

thats simple make peace with sweeden and let the colonies and sweeden war together. ive found they dont go after each other.
RyanTheHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
xSilverPhinx

Have you trying allying yourself with your neighbours?

(So far I've only played Medieval Total War, so I don't know if this option is available in Empire).

Alliances will buy you time, since they're less likely to break them.
xSilverPhinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Swe

The only problem I'm getting while playing as GB on GC is that the Thirteen colonies rebels and create USA after 3-4 turns, who are running rampant through the colonies, and that the money you start with is barely enough to train troops and build an economy
Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
Felhantin

Shouldn´t the colonies be protectorates first then get absorbed by the main land and THEN declare independence?

Also when i play empire and the usa is at turn the game just crashes. I mean I conquered nearly all america trying to destroy the brits(i´m playing as france), which provinces declare independence(become usa) when i conquer london. And then it just crashes every time? Seriosly?
Felhantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
caralampio

The problem I see with the difficulty levels is this:
Medium> the AI is too passive. Most of the wars you have is because you start them. Yawn.

Hard> The AI is psycho and attacks you for no reason, and the other nations tend to bunch upon you. Frustrating.

Too bad there isn't something in between. The AI in vanilla (1.0) at medium level used to be something like that, a bit aggressive but not psycho. Then they "fixed" it.

Now about historicity, that's quite hard to get. It's only a game, and besides, you the player are precisely trying to change history right? The victory conditions themselves, for any faction, are something that no nation ever achieved.
caralampio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
NephilimNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSilverPhinx View Post
Have you trying allying yourself with your neighbours?
Or the reverse, breaking alliances with all of your neighbors, since it's honoring those alliances that most often drags Great Britain into those wars when your neighbors get attacked (which is quite often, obviously).
NephilimNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
Swe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felhantin View Post
Shouldn´t the colonies be protectorates first then get absorbed by the main land and THEN declare independence?

Also when i play empire and the usa is at turn the game just crashes. I mean I conquered nearly all america trying to destroy the brits(i´m playing as france), which provinces declare independence(become usa) when i conquer london. And then it just crashes every time? Seriosly?
Acually, the US is created when any of the 13 provinces (regardless of the owner) is rebelling
Swe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Empire: Total War