Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
walenice

bugged quest - dangers of the sidhe

So i'm trying to complete the quest "Dangers of the Sidhe." I've collected the searstalk and am supposed to see Arhaus Vorm, however when I enter the Vorm house he is nowhere to be found. His yellow circle shows he's in the house, but he is not upstairs nor downstairs.

When I kill everyone in the house, he appears, but then it says i failed the quest

I tried to steal stuff and assaulted everyone without killing them, but still he does not appear?

The only thing I can think of is that i got both quests and then stole brother til's book, which got both brothers mad, and than i ran out of the house. I completed the quest "the brownie Den" and came back. When I came back he was gone, except for his yellow marker... any ideas? I verified steam cache. (i think im screwed, has this happened to anyone else?)
Old 02-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
walenice

bump for ideas
walenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
Steffe

Sad to say I can't help you with your particular problem, but I can confirm that it is completable.
Steffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
walenice

Couldnt figure it out so i killed them all

It seems im also locked out of the dungeon in north sidhe as a result /sigh
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
JoeB

It does sound like a bugged quest. Do you have a save before all of this happened? If so, would you lose much progress reverting and then trying to just complete the quest of one brother? Any bugged quest I've come across is usually a result of completing it in a way that wasn't intended. For example, in another quest, I was supposed to kill an NPC and take their daggers. If you pickpocket the daggers and use them to kill the NPC, you can't finish the quest no matter what.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Fangride

Hmm, that's very odd I just completed it yesterday with no issues, so I wonder why yours didn't work.
Fangride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
walenice

My theory is that after opening up both quest lines, i stole the book, which aggravated the NPC's and shifted them off their normal pathing? When i exited the house, it's possible that arhaus vorm de-spawned in a wall, or at his forge.

When i came back, the game says he's there, but has him either inside a wall, or inside his forge.

Not sure if this is logical however, i am not a game designer, but it's my best guess.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
walenice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
It does sound like a bugged quest. Do you have a save before all of this happened? If so, would you lose much progress reverting and then trying to just complete the quest of one brother? Any bugged quest I've come across is usually a result of completing it in a way that wasn't intended. For example, in another quest, I was supposed to kill an NPC and take their daggers. If you pickpocket the daggers and use them to kill the NPC, you can't finish the quest no matter what.
Unfortunately after leaving the first time, i ran around looking for lorestones in multiple zones. I came back and was able to complete the Brownie quest line, but didn't think to look for arhaus at the time. It was only after completing that quest line, and collecting the searstalk did i notice that he was gone from the house.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
dualsweat

Has anyone been able to reset NPC locations? Or, has anyone been able to get Arhaus Vorm out from under the stairs? I am also stuck and cannot compelte this quest. Arhaus shows up on my map but he is no where to be found.

Thanks,

M----------
dualsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
walenice

I never got it figured out dual... your best bet is to re-open a previous save, hopefully it's not too far back.

Theres no console available, so resetting the NPC isn't an option either.

The lesson we learned is don't steal books from Arhaus

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning