Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Demoman

Old 02-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
Vsarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildur4 View Post
airbursting is fun. lets see a demoknight do that, oh thats right, they can only spam nades.
Actually, airburst nades take a crap ton more skill. They take timing, a perfect range, and a space large enough for major shenanigans. Talking about grenade launcher nades here, not stickies.

So yeah, just get out.

No, airbursting is not a problem. Don't see why it would be.
Vsarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
Rynjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam187 View Post
You want the scout and his mobility is the problem. Encourage him to chase you by going melee then when he isn't paying attention pin his butt up against the wall and take his head. That is what I do when I play as my sucky demoknight.
But we're not playing as Knights, we're playing as DEMOMEN. And that's the point of Demoknight. Superior close range power and some awesome resistances. One or more of the other depending on the shield.

Though honestly a mediocre Scout STILL beats a good Demoknight as long as he isn't lured into an indoor area with tight spaces.
Rynjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
Vsarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
Though honestly a mediocre Scout STILL beats a good Demoknight as long as he isn't lured into an indoor area with tight spaces.
Actually, interesting point here. But I'd say a good demoman would also beat a mediocre scout if he lured him into an enclosed space. For obvious reasons -- stickies
Old 02-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Rynjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsarn View Post
Actually, interesting point here. But I'd say a good demoman would also beat a mediocre scout if he lured him into an enclosed space. For obvious reasons -- stickies
Well, yes, hard countering a class can only do so much to make up for a skill gap, but I have to say that except against exceptionally bad Scouts I have a much harder time killing them than anything other than a good Soldier.

Dem airshots mang.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
Vsarn

Quote:
Well, yes, hard countering a class can only do so much to make up for a skill gap, but I have to say that except against exceptionally bad Scouts I have a much harder time killing them than anything other than a good Soldier.

Dem airshots mang.
Gotta get your hitscan swag on for scouts. O WAIT DEMOMAN!
Yeah good scouts are so hard to predict. Specially with atomizer I think scout is one of those classes that counter themselves, to be honest.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #21
Maffis91

I don't see the problem with a stock weapon after many years of not being changed. Valve thinks it's fine.
Maffis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #22
gomixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffis91 View Post
I don't see the problem with a stock weapon after many years of not being changed. Valve thinks it's fine.
Its been changed multiple times....
gomixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #23
phalanx1337

no it isn't a problem, its the idiots that fling them all over detonating them with the massive splash so you get damaged by ones that have missed
phalanx1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
Xervous

1. some genius mentioned that demos have grenades for their 'secondary'
2. games are not always balanced for the 99% of people who can't play, which is especially true of TF2 since it went F2P
Xervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #25
DNeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanx1337 View Post
no it isn't a problem, its the idiots that fling them all over detonating them with the massive splash so you get damaged by ones that have missed
So you're saying that an idiot is able to fling them all over the place and airburst for damage but the pro's don't use this seemingly extra effective method?
DNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #26
Rynjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNeon View Post
So you're saying that an idiot is able to fling them all over the place and airburst for damage but the pro's don't use this seemingly extra effective method?
It's not as effective as you make it out to be.

You may know how to exploit the detonation times (airbursting) but your enemies should also know how to exploit them if you miss (by getting in your face and either killing you or making you suicide).
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
phalanx1337

no idiots that fling them all over TRYING to hit, so you end up being killed anyway from splash
phalanx1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #28
DNeon

Quote:
It's not as effective as you make it out to be.

You may know how to exploit the detonation times (airbursting) but your enemies should also know how to exploit them if you miss (by getting in your face and either killing you or making you suicide).
I was really just mocking Phalanx's logic in that quote, I'm still not sure bout it but I'm gonna practice a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanx1337 View Post
no idiots that fling them all over TRYING to hit, so you end up being killed anyway from splash
Once again you are saying that it is effective in the hands of a bad player...
DNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
Rynjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNeon View Post
Once again you are saying that it is effective in the hands of a bad player...
Well it IS effective in the hands of a bad player.

Thankfully only against EQUALLY bad players.

And you should try to practice it. Once you've got airbursting down, Demoman becomes a WHOLE 'nother beast.

He turns into a flying MONSTER if you master sticky jumping too.

Kind of like Pokemon evolutions, but he doesn't change appearance any.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Demoman