Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #1096
Vermilicious

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

I'd like an option for quick-swap of weapons when using the mouse wheel. It's easy to hit the wrong number key, and using the mouse wheel requires an extra click. Basically, the option would allow to avoid having to click.

Green/Yellow ?

Peace.
Vermilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #1097
Jsnazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilicious View Post
Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

I'd like an option for quick-swap of weapons when using the mouse wheel. It's easy to hit the wrong number key, and using the mouse wheel requires an extra click. Basically, the option would allow to avoid having to click.

Green/Yellow ?

Peace.
Just set your mouse up to main weapon and mouse down for secondary or special weapon. Problem fixed? : )
Jsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #1098
Retral

Post Killing Floor 2

I have few Killing FLoor 2 suggestions if TW gonna make one because most of them are RED. Sorry if these has been suggested before.

General:
Weapon attachments that comes with extra cost like red dot, acog, underslug granade launcher or shotgun etc.
Ammo share ability between same classes
Heavy armor: does not make you demi-god and easy prey for fps at higher difficulties either.Costs 1500+
Gun stash: let the players resupply buy/sell weapons without go to trader when set on the ground.PLayers can buy it from trader. Only one player can buy it for each round and use it for one time before waves.
chaingun/gatling gun: heavy gun with high fire rate player cannot move while firing.
Crawlers should walk on walls

Commando:
LMGs
Crouch ability that reduces recoil more
Magazine types only for commando comes with extra cost(duct tape mag, drum mag,extented mag. etc.)
Traps:like bear trap that immoblize enemy for few seconds or explosive ones)
Barbed wire :it slow downs enemy and slightly damage to enemys who tries to pass on it you can use this only one time

Demoliton:
SPecific grenades only useful for Demoliton class
Stun Grenades slow down zeds for few seconds(good for charging FP and SCs who raged by noob players)
Flash Grenades that blind zeds and change their direction randomly for few seconds
Incendiary Grenades( you already know this but it is grenade demoliton class should use it too)
Pipebombs(Stun, flash, Incendiary) same as grenades but more effective.
Incendiary rounds for GLs
Freezing Rounds for GLs
Acid Rounds for GLs(works same as Incendiary granades but much more effective and expensive)
Player can switch between rounds but need to reload again

Support:
Give ammo ability: support your teammates with extra ammo(limited time or recharge mechanic(medical syringe))
Can carry heavy guns for their high carry capacity.
Firebug:
Incendiary ammo: they can uSe incendiary ammo with every weapons(xbow with flaming arrows woho!)

Berserker:
ability that Use melee weapons with pistols simultaneously(slow down melee speed but useful for while approaching enemy)
Left MB - Uses melee
Right MB - fires pistol
Alt fire - Switches to only pistol/melee
Parry ability: Parry a single attack that comes from front.Uses recharge mechanic

New Class: Scout/Recon/Sniper
Gain Damage/recoil reduction/faster reload bonus with only scoped weapons.
Very effective at long range.
Crouch ability(same as commando)
Can use thermal sight
can use Sniper rifles, xbows, even weapons with acog sight attachment(for bioticslab like maps)

Maps:
-Dark maps- make targeting more difficult.makes stlakers more effective and forces players to use nightvison google, flares, tactical flshlights
-Escape maps- Like CS:S zombie escape maps run and shoot like hell.Players must reach to safe zone while running in to narrow streets,alleys, dark forest with because you know you cant hold them forever..(more panic! run away little girl! run away.. muhaha)
-Zeds spawns at back generally but suprise from sides would be good.
-PLayers spawns with full ammo and incresed max ammo.
-Of course there are breaks between waves where players resupply.It depends on map type (reaching a abandoned military point or a militray chopper comes to help drop supply cargo and hold them back with support fire while players refilling ammo.

Sorry for long post and very bad grammar.
Thanks for reading.
Retral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #1099
Vermilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnazz View Post
Just set your mouse up to main weapon and mouse down for secondary or special weapon. Problem fixed? : )
Uh, no? I might have more than 2 weapons. Anyway, I don't want custom binds for something as simple as this. It's quite common in FPS games with a quick switch option.
Vermilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #1100
NightChime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilicious View Post
I'd like an option for quick-swap of weapons when using the mouse wheel.
Yeah while it might be odd for them to shuffle around the default bindings (Q being the hot spot) this would be nice.
NightChime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #1101
NightChime

Filters, auto-drop, and reloads

Filter for multiple difficulties at once
Normal is currently my optimal difficulty, but sometimes there aren't enough low-ping servers going. When this is the case, I'll be happy enough to kick back in Beginner. I'd just rather not have to turn off the filter, and keep checking between the left and right sides of the list because of the ping being too high or difficulty not right, or changing filters a bunch and having to refresh several times, taking considerably longer to get to the game.

Drop-down list for filtering by map
I appreciate being able to filter by map, but having to type it out as well as remember the exact spelling is a bit of a pain. There ought to be a list of all maps you currently have available.

Auto-drop highest value item on death
Right now, it can be particularly crappy if you die while trying to heal your teammate, because when you come back to your body you can't even make use of the syringe you dropped. Dropping the best item could apply to disconnecting, too. On that note...

Auto-drop money on disconnect/suicide
While players are perfectly capable of dropping their own money manually, it seems that most either forget or don't care. This could help counter-act the negative effect a disconnect has on the team.

Interruptible reloads
I'm quite sure the Interruptible Reload has been suggested before, so I'll get right on to specific things about it. You should also be able to interrupt reloads with the secondary fire on weapons such as medic guns. To follow suit, everything that can currently be interrupted, such as the grenade launcher or crossbow (maybe even the syringe), should also not be loaded when you switch back to them after interrupting, and they should also be interruptible immediately (or very soon) after firing.

Last edited by NightChime: 03-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.
NightChime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #1102
Infinidibulum

Newbie Life Insurance

Not every time, but the first time that a play of low level is resurrected, I think it would be interesting if they got some extra funds.

Brand new players could be turned off quickly because it seems as if there aren't many weapons within their reach. To me, when I first started playing, it was all lever action rifles, dual 9mm and the fireaxe.

I think low-level players could be granted a resurrection bonus, the first time that they die, with a little easy coding. It wouldn't ruin the game.

Two versions:
Lvl 1: +300
Lvl 2: +200
Lvl 3: +100

or
Lvl 1: +300
Lvl 2: +150

It seems to me as if the game gets remarkably more playable at lvl 3 and above. It's great that we become more powerful after earning our chops, but I think it would be cool if new players could grab some body armor or pick up a useful weapon even when they're just trying out the game and a bit too shy to beg for dosh.

The bonus cash would only be awarded after the first death. It wouldn't be a disincentive to level up.
Infinidibulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1103
cybermind

Ive got a pretty good idea...
lessen the ammount of money you make per difficulty,
lessen the power of all the existing weapons
make brand weapons which are at the top of each class as a replacement for reducing all other weapon damage.
make classes reach up to level 10 because many level 6 users have leveled up twice past level 6 (example: meter says 6 million damage for lvl 6, they have 15 million already!)

this would make replayability alittle bit more for those people reaching 1000 hours and more who already are maxed out and need a bit of something new. new most powerful weapons, reduce power of old weapons, new levels to reach (which would make sense because now level 6 isnt the strongest)

just a thought. rebalancing perks, adding levels to them, new strongest weapons, decrease existing weapons damage. i think it could breath new life into the hardcore killing floor gamers
.... on a second thought... even though all this wouldnt take too much work, i know how easy it is to change damage parameters in the UT engine... the hardest would be the new weapons...
but on a second thought - ill just take a killing floor 2.
cybermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #1104
Tryp

Please tone down the sound on the Husk Cannon as the noise it makes when charging up is deafening! There's no way to hear the Patriarch coming if you're trying to get it charged up to use on him that round. It's way too loud.
Tryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #1105
Ohnoes!101

reduce Medic & Bezerker running speed & body armor a little. Players as a Lvl 6 Bezerker or medic can easily sit in a doorway getting healed constantly acting as a body shield for the rest of the team. As for speed no one should be able to out run the Patriarch.

remove hunting shotty glitch, where if you use all your ammo then totally refill the next round you can get unlimited shotty ammo & reloads.

change weapon arrangement. When you run out of your primary weapon ammo, and want to change weapon, you MUST pass through the 9mm to get to the handcannon. same with chainsaw, it's UNDER the knife when it should be OVER.
Ohnoes!101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #1106
the1stwasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnoes!101 View Post
reduce Medic & Bezerker running speed & body armor a little. Players as a Lvl 6 Bezerker or medic can easily sit in a doorway getting healed constantly acting as a body shield for the rest of the team. As for speed no one should be able to out run the Patriarch.

remove hunting shotty glitch, where if you use all your ammo then totally refill the next round you can get unlimited shotty ammo & reloads.

change weapon arrangement. When you run out of your primary weapon ammo, and want to change weapon, you MUST pass through the 9mm to get to the handcannon. same with chainsaw, it's UNDER the knife when it should be OVER.

No class is capable of out running the Patty, and on the higher difficulties a zerker can't simply sit up front acting as a body shield unless there are several, (at least 3) medics healing him.
the1stwasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #1107
DanyaL

GREEN: When a Steam Player has a name with spaces (eg: Killing Floor).when he goes in-game and joins a server his name looks like this: Killing_Floor.Remove the "_" from the name
DanyaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #1108
E=McCubed

YELLOW

On sharpshooter, there are only two class specific primary weapon options. The crossbow and m14.
Crossbow is a very powerful weapon, but its low ammo capacity and expensive ammunition makes it impractical for goriest/stalker/crawler use, only allowing its practical use to be for Flesh pounds, The patriarch, scrake and husk, and despite the retrieval of arrows, as if you use it very long range the arrow will most likely despawn before you can reach it.
The m14 is a weaker weapon, however its larger ammo supply with standard ammunition prices allow it to be used as a primary vs. an HC and cross combo. On the other side, using it against more powerful enemies would be impractical.

Sharpshooter sidearms are, understandably, pistols. However, the M9 becomes impractical for use later on in a game, assuming you're primarily using that on gorefast/etc and the cross on harder enemies. The hand cannon essentially negates the magnum being the price difference is very low, along with the HC both having more ammunition, a better fire rate, more penetration and more damage. Even furthermore, despite the 44 mag only being 2 blocks, this is useless as with any sniper combination you will still have 2 blocks left over, leading me to ebleiev the 44mag was made mainly as a secondary weapon parade for other perks.

To solve this issue, i propose two new weapons be introduced into the sniper perk class of weapons. a Sniper Rifle, and Tactical .45. (NOTE: Despite this being a suggestion, i have made a thread for users too discuss. I will be posting in the suggestion thread also)

In terms of the Sniper Rifle and its mechanics, i have developed several concepts behind it. Primarily, i will present a few features Regarding its Damage, Ammunition and Cost by level. Furthermore, will be its gameplay mechanics to limit it from becoming overpowered and what-not.

Sniper Rifle:

Specs:
- 5 round Magazine, capable of holding 10 magazines+1 in rifle.
- 2x zoom scope that on middle mouse click zooms to 5x. Second setting may be configurable to any zoom distance between 2x-6x.
-Head shots penetrate similarly to a crossbow, while body shots do full damage to first zed (minus headshot multiplayer, ofc), and half damage to the zed behind it before stopping.
>If incase the first zed is a body shot, then hits a head through a second zed, the headshot multiplayer is applied and the bullet can continue to a third zed, dealing full damage at the region of impact (eg. base damage at body and headshot damage at head) and stopping.

Secondly, is the sidearm i suggest. To begin with, it would have a removable/replaceable silencer that would be attached using the middle mouse button. The damage would be a base of 1.5x the M9, and sights similar to the M9's. Magazine capacity will be 9 and 13+1 total magazines.
E=McCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #1109
Feruga

Thanks...
Feruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1110
wantfastcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEROY JENKINS View Post
Green Add an option in the control menu that allows you to quick switch your weapons. For example when you scroll your mouse, it will automatically switch to the next weapon, without you having to click on it.
This, a thousand times this. I want to be able to immediately pull out my 9mm when I run out of shotgun ammo, not have to select the pistol purposefully. I know just pressing the number buttons does this, but the scroll wheel/other custom next/previous weapon button maps should have this option too.
wantfastcars is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor