Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series

Old 09-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
lambokropf

Angry This is Sparta!

I would definitely agree that something is cracked with the dragon mission. I played it before (sometime in June, I think). It was moderately difficult then, but just required me to refine my strategy and then I got it.

Then for some reason, one time Steam started(I think it may have been one time when it updated), the Steam client decided to verify my game files(as far as I know it did all of them)(and no, I didn't tell it to, that was the first I really heard of it, lol). This of course wiped out my profile and saved games in Majesty 2 as if they never existed(this happens to most people who verify their Majesty 2 game files).

When I first saw Psychopit_Be posts, I just thought he was a noob (I hadn't gotten to the dragon level again yet at that point). However when I reached that mission, I found out that he wasn't exaggerating, the game really is broken!

So now I'm sorta at a loss what to do. I'm determined to progress any way I have to, even if it means I have to edit the game file and give myself lots of gold. The reason is that the last time(before my profile was deleted), I had only gotten to the king rat mission, so I definitely haven't gotten my money's worth out of this game yet(I have the whole collection).

I love the atmosphere of this game, it's such a shame that it won't work right. It's the only one of it's kind that I know of (besides Majesty Gold, of course).

If I get the Dragon level, I'll try to remember to post back and report how I did it.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #17
Bague

hi, there are several bugs:

the one that definately exists is that when you save/load, events that happen after X days can occur way sooner. This is a baaaad bug and you basically cant stop during a mission until you have reached the point where you can handle all events being activated.
So if you ever have a dragon boss killing you on day 15, you know whats wrong.

i also heard that buildings may be build slower on slow speeds, i cant say for sure, but this might be a problem for you?

That being said, those early missions are really annyoing and its pure luck wether or not you can build 2 buildings before all workers are killed. Make sure you dont start too many buildings at once. And on the ratking mission make sure you build in such a spot that the ratking doesnt delay your first military buildings too much with his attack.

One more thing, in no campaign missions do you need to rush lairs, in fact i leave almost all lairs up just to get the XP, i only kill annoying ones that kill my tradeposts. There are several way to deal with the serpents, my favorite is to spam rogues and rush their stun. rangers work, many clerics can defend this also.

Last edited by Bague: 10-01-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Bague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:51 AM   #18
lambokropf

Lightbulb Solution for Bypassing Overly Difficult Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bague View Post
One more thing, in no campaign missions do you need to rush lairs, in fact i leave almost all lairs up just to get the XP, i only kill annoying ones that kill my tradeposts. There are several way to deal with the serpents, my favorite is to spam rogues and rush their stun. rangers work, many clerics can defend this also.
I don't think you're having the same problems I am. I have completed this level twice before, and though it was not easy, and I had to try several times each time going through it; this is something else altogether. There is absolutely no way ANYONE could complete this mission in the situation that it puts you in. It is not merely an issue of "learning the ropes". As I mentioned in my above post, Steam verified my game cache totally without my telling it to. Besides deleting all my saved progress in Majesty 2(the saves, etc. may exist somewhere, IDK, but they don't show up in the game and are therefore effectively gone); the verification process also screwed up the game somehow, so that some levels are just unplayable.

Since my last post I have given up on trying to get the dragon level without cheating. I found another post on the Steam Forums that mentioned a small "stats-booster" cheat-program called Cheat-O-Matic. I googled it(of course), and found this page which explains how it works and how to use it. If you rather, you can just download it from this link: www.freewarereview.info/pub/omatic.zip

I set my gold to 50,000 and had Christmas in October. I normally hate cheat codes and cheats in general (unless I've already gotten a level legitimately, and do it just to see what the codes do ), but when I pay for a game, and can't even get through levels I've already done(because they haven't put any cheat codes in the game), I'm gonna do what I need to to get through levels that aren't playable so that I can enjoy the rest of the game.

One problem with the game being messed up, is it could be difficult to determine if a level is just really hard, or if it's "corrupted". What I plan to do is just keep trying on a level until I can either tell that it is likely impossible, or until I've wasted more time on the level than it's worth, and then cheating through those levels if I have too.

I hopes this helps you like it did me. It definitely relieves a lot of stress to be able to just go through to the next level. Have Fun!

(TL;DR) Go Here
Old 02-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
tinjaw

Thumbs down Me Too

I can here specifically because I have hit a wall with the "The Royal Feat" mission. My girlfriend and I have been playing side-by-side. Each on our own computer. And we both have over a dozen serpent/snakes destroying the village before we even get a building built. The entire village is burned to the ground in a few minutes.

There is absolutely no doubt that the latest version of the game has made this mission (and it sounds like at least one other mission) impossible to complete.

At this point, I suspect it is almost impossible to get the developer to fix this bug. I will try to email them, but I suspect I will also have an impossible mission and get rejected by several clueless level 1 support drones. Hopefully I can get past them to a living breathing thinking QA or Dev person.

Wish me luck.
tinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #20
kaiohken

Can't believe how many people are having trouble with this game, it's easy as f*ck.
kaiohken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:21 AM   #21
Bague

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiohken View Post
Can't believe how many people are having trouble with this game, it's easy as f*ck.

well, apparently there is a guide somewhere that everyone reads and it tells them to spam tower at the start.
Towers, that dont generate money and dont get stronger, that are immobile and do less damage than a random ranger.

Ofc people gonna have trouble like this

Quote:
I can here specifically because I have hit a wall with the "The Royal Feat" mission. My girlfriend and I have been playing side-by-side. Each on our own computer. And we both have over a dozen serpent/snakes destroying the village before we even get a building built. The entire village is burned to the ground in a few minutes.

There is absolutely no doubt that the latest version of the game has made this mission (and it sounds like at least one other mission) impossible to complete.
No, there is no bug, i can complete this mission at will without rushing the lairs or anything. You can try a combination of warriors and a lot of healers or rogues and healers or a LOT of rogues with rushing stun for them. Or if you really fail to complete it properly, you can replay the earlier missions and as a lord you pick a high level ranger or rogue and in the mission that you are stuck, you rush hall of lords and get 3 cheap high level heroes.

It is normal that you get SWARMED by serpents, but you can survive this, priests are really really good against serpents and everyone will get a lot of experience fast. dont forget to recycle your gold...give it to your heroes who buy stuff from it, which goes back into your pocket but now your heroes have items.
once you are a bit stable you should search for tradespots and maybe think about killing some lairs to release some pressure so you have room for stronger enemies.

But to be fair, the first few missions in the original campaign can be hit or miss, when unlucky a wolv or rat kills your workers before they finish a military building. But this design was removed from the gamehalf way in the original campaign and the addons dont have this at all.

also, i know rangers have a bonus against beasts, but i find them lacking almost always except when there is a bearman or werewolv camp spawning stuff early.

Last edited by Bague: 02-29-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
tinjaw

Quote:
No, there is no bug, i can complete this mission at will without rushing the lairs or anything. You can try a combination of warriors and a lot of healers or rogues and healers or a LOT of rogues with rushing stun for them.
Baque, but I am sorry, I don't think we are playing the same game. I couldn't possibly do that. I just built a cleric guild and a house of lords. Three clerics and one hero. Two clerics dies in a minute one lasted another minute. My hero died in three. I was able to resurrect one cleric. That's it. I had no money for anything else. By those three minutes all my houses were burned down and all my towns people fried. I had no taxes to collect and no body do build anything and no body to defend anything.

Just so you know, when the cleric guild was finished and my three cleric spawned, I already had the Dragon attacking and 8 serpents attacking.

If your game looks *anything* like these videos ( http://tinja.ws/wFcLKq ) on YouTube, you are not playing the same game as I am. All these video progress have the game progressing at about 10% the speed at which I am attacked by a dozen serpents and have my village burned down.

I am afraid you are playing on one of the versions of the game that has this mission working as designed and not as it is now running.

If I have time, I will try to record a game session so you all can see the difference.

Last edited by tinjaw: 03-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #23
Bague

we both have a steam game, it has a checksum, there cant be a difference

that video you linked indeed looks slow.

i would make a vid myself, but with my legendary 20 kb/s upload it would take a week to get it on a server

Last edited by Bague: 03-03-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #24
tinjaw

Something is going on here, because this evening I reattempted The Royal Fate and things were much slower. I was no way as deadly as before. I was able to actually last 20 minutes this time. The game was still lost about 15 minutes in when I was no longer bringing in any money.

I'll try it again when I get a chance. I'm interested to see if the game stays at this slower pace, or returns to the frenzied pace it was a bit ago.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
Bague

do you have random spawns on?
do you slow down time?
do yiou save and reload?

slowing down time is rumored to increase building time.
reloading a mission can mess up the scripts and in this mission i think that means dragons swarming you too early.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
tinjaw

Quote:
do you have random spawns on?
do you slow down time?
do yiou save and reload?

slowing down time is rumored to increase building time.
reloading a mission can mess up the scripts and in this mission i think that means dragons swarming you too early.
  • I do not believe I have random spawns on, and at this time I cannot find in the game where that setting is.
  • Yes, I do slow down time on occasion.
  • I do not save and reload, but I do restart/replay when defeated.

My girlfriend decided to attempt the rat mission and beat that one. She quit the game at that time. It was yesterday. And today she started up and is trying the dragon mission and she too says that it is much slower.

I guess the question now become whether quitting Majesty 2 altogether and restarting the game "fixes" the speed up issue.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
tinjaw

@Bague,

I am sorry. This is nothing personal.

There is no way in Hell that this mission isn't broken. The *overwhelming* evidence from dozens of postings and comments around the Internet state the same thing. The mission WAS playable and now it is not.

I watched the video again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4935jDXaso

After the buildings, all I could build was three clerics and three rangers and EVERYTHING was destroyed by the dozens serpents. And the dragon destroyed my market before any of the buildings were complete. I don't last past 1:48 in that video. And all of the comments to that video say the same thing.

I am sorry, but this game is broken, this mission is screwed.

All that is left at this time, as I have already contacted the developer without even receiving recognition that they received my email, there is nothing left but to hack this game or find some cheat code to get past this mission.

And since the comments on that video are over a year old, I also am now angry with the developer for selling software that has been known to be broken for over a year.

-----
comment from video:

Quote:
@Silkspine Yeah we know about the need to kill dens, what we want to know is why is he only getting serpent spawns of 1-3 serpents every 4 days from the north when we have to deal with 5-7 every 2 days?
That first den he destroys well into day three and no serpents popped from it. I had 2 pop from mine on day two. Then he only gets one from the left den, I had 3 from there. He must of modded his game somehow cause this fight is absolute BS compared to what I have to deal with.
Bouldir 1 year ago

Last edited by tinjaw: 03-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #28
kaiohken

Exclamation

Ok, I made a quick guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTSOHYInWqI (currently uploading)

Please thumbs up if it helped you.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #29
tinjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiohken View Post
Ok, I made a quick guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTSOHYInWqI (currently uploading)

Please thumbs up if it helped you.
That's awesome. YouTube says it is still processing. I look forward to watching it today and trying the mission. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
kaiohken

Should be done now.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series