Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 02-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #511
Nonbeing

So last night I was playing BoI for a couple hours, and it crashed. I'm not sure exactly why it crashed, but it happened when I was picking up a pill and I already had a tarot card (I know this is normally okay, but it seemed to be the trigger in this case, even if it wasn't the main reason).

Suddenly it appeared that all the items in the game started quickly and randomly flashing above my character's head, glowing in rainbow colors. I could not move or press any other buttons. I had to close.

When I opened up the game after that, it appears that some of my statistics had been lost (but not all). Here's what happened:

- during those hours before the crash, I had beat Mom for a 6th time, thus unlocking "Everything is terrible". I had also unlocked "Mom's Pill Bottle". Well, when I loaded the game back up, those two secrets were still listed as unlocked, but all my other stats when back down (the mom kill, the deaths, and the items I found all disappeared).

Now today, another bug happened, and I'm not sure if it's related to last night's crash. Today I collected 4 meat cubes for the first time, but I did not unlock the achievement or the bandage... I was quite disappointed...

I hope the crash issue hasn't stopped my game from unlocking further secrets/achievements from this point on...
Nonbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:48 AM   #512
joefx69

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted.

Essentially I received the Bandage achievment without making a Meat Boy.

I faced two Horsemen, and received two cubes to create the floating-shooting head, then later, faced two Headless Horseman, both leaving Pony (I didnt pick up because I was using ??? and needed Book of Revelations) and received the Bandage as if I had created a Meat boy.

So just facing Four Horseman seems to unlock it, regardless of making a Meat Boy.
joefx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #513
Orcelot005

Yesterday, I unlocked Magdalene but now she's locked again and I can't play as that character. The only cause of this I can think of is that during my first playthrough with her (I don't think I exited the game after unlocking her, just changed characters to her after dying) my computer crashed but I do still have the 'Maggys Wig' steam achievement...

Am I going to just have to unlock her again or is there something else I can do about this?
Orcelot005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #514
Hutchinman

Achievements not unlocking

I have beaten the full game once and the achievements for "I killed Mom", "Loki's horns","Judas' Fez", and god knows how other many I have lost out on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hutchinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #515
envirovore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinman View Post
I have beaten the full game once and the achievements for "I killed Mom", "Loki's horns","Judas' Fez", and god knows how other many I have lost out on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
For you (and everyone else having problems with achievements not unlocking properly), I point you to this thread:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2216833

I had to use it to get my achievements to track properly, as did one of my friends. Works like a charm. (use the 1.5 version)
envirovore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #516
MissingnoB

Not sure if this has been reported, but I unlocked ??? on my 9th playthrough by going into Shoel via the devil room and kicking the bastard's bum. I'm not sure what would happen if you beat him before unlocking the other items.
MissingnoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #517
envirovore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingnoB View Post
Not sure if this has been reported, but I unlocked ??? on my 9th playthrough by going into Shoel via the devil room and kicking the bastard's bum. I'm not sure what would happen if you beat him before unlocking the other items.
IIRC from a post I read on here earlier, a Devil kill counts as a Mom kill (or two Mom kills).
Please correct me if I'm wrong on that someone.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #518
1nvisible~

Quote:
IIRC from a post I read on here earlier, a Devil kill counts as a Mom kill (or two Mom kills).
Beating Mom's Heart gives you one Mom Kill. Beating Satan after that gives you another one.
So:
- beating MH, failing on Sheol => 1 kill;
- beating MH, beating Satan => 2 kills.
1nvisible~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #519
Hutchinman

God bless you 1nvisible~. It completely working. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #520
envirovore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nvisible~ View Post
Beating Mom's Heart gives you one Mom Kill. Beating Satan after that gives you another one.
So:
- beating MH, failing on Sheol => 1 kill;
- beating MH, beating Satan => 2 kills.
That makes sense, I just misread apparently.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #521
Hutchinman

Achievements Not Unlocking...Again

This is upsetting me. I just beat the game with Cain and that achievement didn't unlock. I am going to redownload the thing from earlier. I am pretty sure it will work. I just don't like having to do this over and over again. Is there something wrong with my copy of the game?

*Edit* The fix didn't work. I hope there is something else I can do.

Last edited by Hutchinman: 02-29-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #522
masterchef341

Achievements don't work at all on the mac. Steam cloud really should be implemented for the save files.
masterchef341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #523
Randomspoon

Can anyone tell me if the "spiders bite" item is just very rare? i've spent over 100 hours in game and have yet to find it!
Randomspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #524
envirovore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomspoon View Post
Can anyone tell me if the "spiders bite" item is just very rare? i've spent over 100 hours in game and have yet to find it!
It seems to be a rare item, I've only had it twice in my 100 hours of play.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #525
Tyraa Rane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomspoon View Post
It's quite rare. I've gotten it a grand total of once, in a hidden room in one of the Womb levels, after 100+ hours of play.
Tyraa Rane is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The