Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BRINK

Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
craftyard

Getting killed so much

I've recently gotten into playing brink again after a long break. One of my main issues I'm having online is that I'm constantly getting killed in situations where I was sure I had the upper hand, and yet I still get killed in half a second.

For example, I'm a heavy engineer with a buffed machine gun, I meet a medium guy with an assault rifle down a narrow hallway on Resort, I start firing first (the reticule is right on his chest), and yet he still manages to kill me first with a weaker (I assume ) weapon.

Another time, we're getting camped in our spawn, and the match has kind of devolved into a sniper war. I aim at someone's head with my rifle and again, the reticule's centred on his head, but when I fire, it doesn't even register. Now, this could be because of lag, but it happens literally every single time

Having had such a long time away from the game, I'm sure I'm making some some newbie mistakes, but the moment I poke my head around a corner it gets shot off, yet the enemy team can do exactly the same thing and survive.

Am I missing something important?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Lucidius134

Sounds like lag.

If you were lagging, then they would be able to see you before you can see them (even milliseconds off will cause this)

I've had simular occasions online in PVP and that's why i stayed away from it. The populated servers had high ping for me (North Eastern Coast)
Lucidius134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
meev991

Headshots make or break the 1v1. Also, heavies are big targets so most if not all the bullets make contact.

Without the tac-scanner there's no telling if the guy had armor and maxed out health.
meev991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Mgp

Aim for the head, everytime. Also straf like a mofo left and right while shooting the head.
Mgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
meev991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgp View Post
Aim for the head, everytime. Also straf like a mofo left and right while shooting the head.
He's a heavy so more prudent advice is required.

Grenade shooting makes a good combination with the heavy weapons.
meev991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BRINK