Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #31
lapemis

Using 5 of their products, the Nostromo, Goliathus, Naga, Mamba 2012 and Abyssus. I must say they do not disappoint.
lapemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
synthemesc

I have a deathadder mouse and absolutely love it. This mouse has lasted me much longer than any other mouse I've owned.
synthemesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #33
HJP

I'm using the Razer Imperator 2012, which is the first Razer product I've bought, and it's been great so far. I used to avoid Razer as well for reasons other people have already mentioned, but decided to give them a try. The only complaint I have so far is that their software could still use some work, and they were a bit slow in releasing a firmware update to fix a bug where the mouse cursor would jump when using a 1000Hz polling rate. In terms of hardware, I think it's a pretty solid mouse.
HJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
crazyyellowfox

I love my Death Adder mouse, only issue I've had with it is that the cloth wrapping on the cable is fraying where it rolls off the edge of my keyboard drawer. As far as keyboards go however, you can pry my 1986 Model M from my cold dead hands. I just can't FPS or Hack-n-Slash with a modern keyboard. Closest thing to an original Model M would be The Unicomp Customizer http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html
crazyyellowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
EliteTemptation

mouse: steelseries xai

keyboard: steelseries 6gv2

You won't find any better products, although these aren't cheap and they are not for "mmo/moba/rpg" or whatever style games, these are directly for first person shooters

Other info: g9 is really small, also the two grips it comes with are pretty poor

Deathadder has very few dpi options and it's not exactly super super precise
EliteTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #36
Skilllet

i have the Razer Imperator. after i used it i just cannot use other mices other than the imperator XD it is just awesome !
Skilllet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #37
Salamatiqus

I have Abyssus mice. Good one for its price. I use it at 450dpi@1000Hz.
The things I like in abyssus are:
1)lightweight
2)hardware dpi and frequency switching (no use of sofware = no software bugs)
3)no angle snapping/aliasing, no acceleration. Mouse pointer moves as you move it with no alterations.
4) no side buttons, no accident clicks on them, no accident move forward or back while browsing (I know I can trun it off somehow with software but please)
Abyssus has some cons too:
1) Jittering. Abyssus is not working good on all surfaces. Best surface for aby is razer goliathus speed, dont even think about control, aby goes mad in jittering on control.
2) It is small mouse and best for small hands and claw grip. For me aby is not that comfort to play with because I am playing with palm grip and my hand is not small.

Abyssus and Deathadder both are using same sensors. Difference is in shape, da has two side buttons and has upgradable firmware. And da doesnt have jittering with latest firmware installed.

I cannot say aynthing about any other gear but I can highly recommend aby mouse for small hands, claw grip and for those people who appreciate good old low dpi's (450)

You may find more info on ESReality.com site, there was a lots of conversation about abysuss and pads.
Salamatiqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #38
borg_7_of_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
I have Abyssus mice. Good one for its price. I use it at 450dpi@1000Hz.
The things I like in abyssus are:
1)lightweight
2)hardware dpi and frequency switching (no use of sofware = no software bugs)
3)no angle snapping/aliasing, no acceleration. Mouse pointer moves as you move it with no alterations.
4) no side buttons, no accident clicks on them, no accident move forward or back while browsing (I know I can trun it off somehow with software but please)
Abyssus has some cons too:
1) Jittering. Abyssus is not working good on all surfaces. Best surface for aby is razer goliathus speed, dont even think about control, aby goes mad in jittering on control.
2) It is small mouse and best for small hands and claw grip. For me aby is not that comfort to play with because I am playing with palm grip and my hand is not small.

Abyssus and Deathadder both are using same sensors. Difference is in shape, da has two side buttons and has upgradable firmware. And da doesnt have jittering with latest firmware installed.

I cannot say aynthing about any other gear but I can highly recommend aby mouse for small hands, claw grip and for those people who appreciate good old low dpi's (450)

You may find more info on ESReality.com site, there was a lots of conversation about abysuss and pads.
1.. 1000Hz polling is a waste of resources..

2.. Most Mice with programmable DPI set it in hardware so the software doesn't need to be installed you just need the mouse.

3.. No comment looks good

4.. personal preference I don't have a problem with side buttons they work a treat and no accidental hit's here

My 2 cent's.. Best to try a mouse out for comfort before committing to a purchase as you have discovered
borg_7_of_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #39
Salamatiqus

Well, I agree that 1000Hz mode consumes much of CPU cycles but at 125HZ aby has more jitter. Sadly, aby doesnt have mode of 500Hz, that would be optimal, imo.
Salamatiqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
GirlPower23

I think they make great mice. Their Mamba and Deathadder are quality products. I've dropped my Mamba a few times and it works perfect. It's definitely quite sturdy. I haven't run into past problems it used to have like jittering and so forth.

I also have the Razer Blackwidow, it's definitely not the best kind of Mechanical keyboard but it's not a bad one either. I'd say they make decent keyboards, baring the Lycosa, which does have some issues that were never resolved.

Their audio devices are not very good at all. These are things to avoid.

Their Mouse surfaces are top notch. I have a Destructor and love it to bit. It's incredibly smooth surface and it feels like you are gliding on air.

In any case, Razer is a vanity brand as well. So you pay a little extra for their name. That's not saying they products are bad. They are like any company, they make some high quality goods, some awful goods and some decent goods.

Steelseries has it's own set of problems and so does Logitech. Where Razer shines is in Mouses, Keyboards and Mouse Surfaces.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems