Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #2191
wulfric

Quote:
Originally Posted by -G- View Post
Hey, I've taken Adrenalin's mission about bringing him a minigun from Sakharov, but I can't ask him about it.
How can I do it?
I have completed this with no problems. Sometimes I have had to quit my game and then reload to get Sakharov to talk. It's an "old" game glitch.

There should be a dialogue option--something like, "Do the military come here often?" That will trigger the helicopter to fly in to Yantar, just outside of Sakharov's bunker. If the Duty guys are around, there may be a problem. Be sure your gun is holstered also. After you talk to the military guy from the chopper, go back to Sakharov.

Good luck
wulfric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #2192
wulfric

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2222 View Post
Spawned Kruglov's flashdrive to open way through to milirary warehouses.
I already had a side quest to elliminate the bloodsuckers showing on the warehouses map but this quest does not start.
I am aware that if quests do not start then leaving the area and returning can initiate the quest.
However, I've been in and out of the Military Warehouses level numerous times now but the bloodsuckers do not spawn.

While in the warehouses level, met with Wolf and took a side quest from him to clear Cordon farm. Again, multiple visits to Cordon and the farm does not initiate this quest either.

OK so these are side quests and not game breaking.
If I cannot complete the quests I need to remove them for two reasons:
# Keep active quest list to minimum.
# Allow further side quests from the quest givers.

Hopefully I should be able to remove each by dialogue with the quest givers by refusing to do the quests - but not tried this yet.

If this is the case then it's a little glitch that is annoying and wastes gameplay time more than anything else
Main storyline quests not initiating is of course another matter

Edit:
Playing Stalker storyline patch 1.0.9.5
I can confirm u2222's problem. I just tested the bloodsucker village quest--I think a total of 5 spawned, along with 2 burers. Killed all, but no task update, so no completion. IIRC, this task has always been a little buggy--it's like there's one more bloodsucker that needs to be eradicated, but I have no idea where it is.

Is the Wolf mission in Cordon to deal with the boars across the road from the rookie village?

Last edited by wulfric: 02-27-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #2193
vesirott

Right, the game has become way too unstable for my taste. Can shoot or move in swamp at all (all graphics options turned to 50% or less in the advanced menu), CTD-s all the time. Gonna take a long break from this.
Quote:
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : _VertexStream::Lock
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\R_DStreams.cpp
[error]Line : 44
[error]Description : (bytes_need<=mSize) && vl_Count

stack trace:
vesirott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #2194
wulfric

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesirott View Post
Right, the game has become way too unstable for my taste. Can shoot or move in swamp at all (all graphics options turned to 50% or less in the advanced menu), CTD-s all the time. Gonna take a long break from this.
Why not send your saved game to tecnobacon?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #2195
-G-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfric View Post
I have completed this with no problems. Sometimes I have had to quit my game and then reload to get Sakharov to talk. It's an "old" game glitch.

There should be a dialogue option--something like, "Do the military come here often?" That will trigger the helicopter to fly in to Yantar, just outside of Sakharov's bunker. If the Duty guys are around, there may be a problem. Be sure your gun is holstered also. After you talk to the military guy from the chopper, go back to Sakharov.

Good luck
I don't have that dialogue option, and quitting doesn't work. By the way, this is before I enter in lab x-16 (even before I calibrate the psi-helmet with Kruglov). Can I complete the quest before doing that?

Also, the second quest I get from Borov (Hog) in the Dark Valley doesn't work: he asks me to find Rat and bring back his PDA. For further info, I should ask somebody in the Bar. The guide says that returning there I should ask Barkeep about Rat, but I don't have that dialogue option. I don't remember for sure, but probably I used the teleport to get back to the Bar, so maybe that is the problem. Could go without teleporting from the Dark Valley to the Bar help? Or can I just spawn Rat's PDA?

Thanks
-G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #2196
wulfric

Quote:
Originally Posted by -G- View Post
I don't have that dialogue option, and quitting doesn't work. By the way, this is before I enter in lab x-16 (even before I calibrate the psi-helmet with Kruglov). Can I complete the quest before doing that?

Also, the second quest I get from Borov (Hog) in the Dark Valley doesn't work: he asks me to find Rat and bring back his PDA. For further info, I should ask somebody in the Bar. The guide says that returning there I should ask Barkeep about Rat, but I don't have that dialogue option. I don't remember for sure, but probably I used the teleport to get back to the Bar, so maybe that is the problem. Could go without teleporting from the Dark Valley to the Bar help? Or can I just spawn Rat's PDA?

Thanks
I have only done the Adrenaline mission after Yantar. Doing tasks "out of order" can cause problems--or at least it used to. I have avoided teleporting around.

Rat spawns in Cordon, and you have a lot of running around to give both Borov and him what is necessary. IIRC, you're supposed to go to the bar and either Barkeep or one of the technicians in the back room tells you where to find Rat; you go see Rat, and he tells you about a stash in DV. Go get the contents of the stash, take it to the Barkeep (I think), then go to Rat and he gives you what you need.

Holy moly, I only did it that way once. I always just get "everything of value" by the downed helicopter and that pleases the Hog.

Hope this helps
Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #2197
playdough

It would be helpful to address problems if people indicated whether they were playing in Stalker mode or as Collector. There are standard Stalker tasks or events that don't happen for Collector and others that should but which don't due to a gameplay logic bug
playdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #2198
-G-

Quote:
Originally Posted by playdough View Post
It would be helpful to address problems if people indicated whether they were playing in Stalker mode or as Collector. There are standard Stalker tasks or events that don't happen for Collector and others that should but which don't due to a gameplay logic bug
My problem in the post before is in Stalker mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfric
I have only done the Adrenaline mission after Yantar. Doing tasks "out of order" can cause problems--or at least it used to. I have avoided teleporting around.
It's not out of order. Adrenaline gave me the quest way back the second time I was in the Agroprom.

EDIT: I can ask to one of the repairmen in the Bar to find Rat for me. He says he has put a note on my PDA telling me where Rat is, but nothing appears on my map. In fact, this service the repairman provides (finding people), doesn't work no matter who I try to find.

Last edited by -G-: 02-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #2199
-G-

Found a bug (Stalker mode) on one of the sidequests Sakharov gives you ("bring the blind dog's tail"): the quest updated when I got a pseudodog tail (not blind dog's), but when I select "I've done the job" the quest doesn't finish (remaining in the PDA), I don't give Sakharov anything and he gives me no reward.

EDIT: version 1.09.5
Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #2200
playdough

@G, Wulfric is right. Rat spawns in Cordon... Look near the abandoned factory. For the Adrenalin quest I think you need to go through X16 lab before you can have the helicopter dialogue with Sakharov

Last edited by playdough: 02-27-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling
playdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #2201
Jhaxavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesirott View Post
I am experiencing the same problem as this man. Almost constant crashing in the Swamp. Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing. After 3-5 minutes of gameplay it crashes with that log. And I'm running below-half gfx settings as well.
Jhaxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #2202
-G-

Quote:
Originally Posted by playdough View Post
@G, Wulfric is right. Rat spawns in Cordon... Look near the abandoned factory. For the Adrenalin quest I think you need to go through X16 lab before you can have the helicopter dialogue with Sakharov
Abandoned factory? The one where there's a teleport that gets you behind the rookie village?

Thanks, I'll try to find him (otherwise I'l just spawn his flash drive).
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #2203
MajorJack

I don't get any crashes in the Swamp, I keep playing fine.
However I just died from starvation after sleeping from 8 pm to 4 am - that needs to be reworked, cause that is nonsense.
MajorJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #2204
sleepdirt

Is there a trigger issue in X10? When I pull the lever to shut off the Psi Antennas nothing happens, no Librarian, Monolith, no nothing.
sleepdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #2205
walter_mcloed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdirt View Post
Is there a trigger issue in X10? When I pull the lever to shut off the Psi Antennas nothing happens, no Librarian, Monolith, no nothing.

same here. the barman sent a message that it shut down but sakarov tells me to visit scorcher before he will talk to me about the missing scientist. also TB is there any way to scale back anomalies without completely removing random ones? I dont mind dodging, jumping and running through but some areas are way too much and the modders script seems to be all or nothing.

keep up the great job TB what you're doing is amazing
walter_mcloed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series