Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Raavas

Steam thumbnail problem.

Hey everyone I recently just finished my new custom build and it's great! One problem though, I installed steam and all is good, a few days later the steam thumbnail disappeared (not the games thumbnails, steams).

To most people it probably wouldn't bother them but it really bothers me, I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my lovely desktop and even more so with the files on it so please don't say "it doesn't matter, leave it" because to me, it does!

Here is a picture of what I am talking about and if anyone knows a quick way to fix this that would be much appreciated!

Please see my problem here.

Thanks in advance,
Raavas
Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
Fish-E

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavas View Post
Hey everyone I recently just finished my new custom build and it's great! One problem though, I installed steam and all is good, a few days later the steam thumbnail disappeared (not the games thumbnails, steams).

To most people it probably wouldn't bother them but it really bothers me, I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my lovely desktop and even more so with the files on it so please don't say "it doesn't matter, leave it" because to me, it does!

Here is a picture of what I am talking about and if anyone knows a quick way to fix this that would be much appreciated!

Please see my problem here.

Thanks in advance,
Raavas
That'd bother me as well! Anyway, press the start button and right click Steam, then select properties. Make sure that the shortcut tab is selected and click the change icon button. Tell Windows to search in either C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe

If the icons aren't there then I think you'll need to reinstall steam!
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
TeKraken

This happened to me this week.
I replaced them with these:
http://customize.org/icons/50443

Or right click the icon there is a box that says' change icon' navigate to the steam folder and click on a steam icon.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
Raavas

Problem Solved!

Brilliant thanks Fish-E and TeKraken! Finally I am put out of my misery haha, I also liked the look of one of the steam icons Tekraken linked so I used one of those.

Thank you for the help!
Raavas
Raavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
TeKraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavas View Post
Brilliant thanks Fish-E and TeKraken! Finally I am put out of my misery haha, I also liked the look of one of the steam icons Tekraken linked so I used one of those.

Thank you for the help!
Raavas
NP, i like the shiny one too. Shame it only works on the desktop. (as far as I can tell)
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips