Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Titan Quest

Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
TheOnlyTrueZak

Red face Are they going to fix "Failed to find Steam" error or what?

A lot of people have been experiencing this crap for some time. And guys at Steam don't even do anything. It's clearly a Steam related problem. Because until recently, TQ performed flawlessly for me. Then after some Steam update, it pops up this stupid crap.

I think, it's the new Steam update management system to blame. The way Steam verifies files and applies updates is changed recently with some Steam update. I don't know all the details about this new system but maybe that's the case.

Also I made a ticket regarding this issue in the Support section and I suggest that everyone experiencing this crap should do the same. Let's overload them with tickets! Maybe then, they'll acknowledge this problem. I mean, it's a great game that I can't play straight away unless I verify files or restart the Steam. It's very inconvenient and I bet it's very easy to fix.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
lordofterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyTrueZak View Post
A lot of people have been experiencing this crap for some time. And guys at Steam don't even do anything. It's clearly a Steam related problem. Because until recently, TQ performed flawlessly for me. Then after some Steam update, it pops up this stupid crap.

I think, it's the new Steam update management system to blame. The way Steam verifies files and applies updates is changed recently with some Steam update. I don't know all the details about this new system but maybe that's the case.

Also I made a ticket regarding this issue in the Support section and I suggest that everyone experiencing this crap should do the same. Let's overload them with tickets! Maybe then, they'll acknowledge this problem. I mean, it's a great game that I can't play straight away unless I verify files or restart the Steam. It's very inconvenient and I bet it's very easy to fix.
ya i got this problem frequently on the expansion...verifying files causes it to download fully at slow speed
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
mpogias

hi,

I m not sure if that will work but if you have any P2P protection programs like PeerBlock, try to disable it before launching game.
mpogias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
al0s3r

All you have to do is restart steam and it works fine
al0s3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Lord iCeDrAgOn

I've been trying to make Steam support aware of this issue. but they don't seem to understand the fact that I'm not the only one that is having this issue.

and I don't think they want diagnostic reports from everyone's computers that visits this forum looking for a fix either. Considering the one they want me to send will be about 3mb
Lord iCeDrAgOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
Lord iCeDrAgOn

Well we will have to see what happens. I got a message from Steam tech support finally saying that they're aware of the problem and that they will investigate it further. so let's all keep our fingers crossed
Lord iCeDrAgOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
lordofterror

god dammit , i have this problem again :X :X not going to download once more
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
TheOnlyTrueZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord iCeDrAgOn View Post
Well we will have to see what happens. I got a message from Steam tech support finally saying that they're aware of the problem and that they will investigate it further. so let's all keep our fingers crossed
Good news. Though I have a similar problem with "The Binding of Isaac". TQ and Isaac are just 2 games in my library that refuse to launch. Hmm...
TheOnlyTrueZak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Titan Quest