Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life

Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
de_tomme

Game gets stuck in Loading screen - _-

hello,
i bought half life 1 a few months ago. but when i'm in the second level "Unforseen Consequenses" my game gets stuck at the loading screen after this one room where the boxes are hanging down from the top of the room.
i have no clue why. is it because i only have the "EA Most Wanted" version. because i already heard that these "EA Most Wanted" versions are often bugged. i already tryed reinstalling the game, setting it to it's original language ( because i'm german and so i had the game set to german first).
can someone help me with my problem. because half life really is a cool game and i never played the whole game.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
MADDOGGE

Verify your game cache. R-click the game in your library/ select properties/ select local files/ select verify the integrity of the game cache.

I have never heard of anything called a "EA Most Wanted" version. Now EA made a Need for Speed racing game called "Most Wanted" but that has nothing to do with Half-life.
MADDOGGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
de_tomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Verify your game cache. R-click the game in your library/ select properties/ select local files/ select verify the integrity of the game cache.

I have never heard of anything called a "EA Most Wanted" version. Now EA made a Need for Speed racing game called "Most Wanted" but that has nothing to do with Half-life.
this EA most wanted version is some from germany. i don't know what it is good for but it ruins the games. thanks for the advice
de_tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
de_tomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post

well i tried what you said. and it didn't work. i still have that bugg. would it work if i buy half life via steam?
or is there any other way to get a working half life 1 version?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
S@GA

Would work if you buy it via Steam.
Ask a friend to buy it to avoid the german version.
S@GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #6
Vonje

Google tells me that this "EA" version is Half-Life: Anthology. In that case, you don't have a bugged product, because Steam automatically updates the game. Just to be sure, you can install Half-Life directly from Steam.
Vonje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
de_tomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonje View Post
Google tells me that this "EA" version is Half-Life: Anthology. In that case, you don't have a bugged product, because Steam automatically updates the game. Just to be sure, you can install Half-Life directly from Steam.
i reinstalled it like 20 times with steam. and like 20 more times with the cd. and it's still the same. maybe i really have to try that "buy half life on steam" thingy like S@GA said already
Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Sonkilary

i just get HL on STEAM from a Friend and after installation of the game it has a lot of bugs,doesnn't appear list of servers sometimes,crash after 6minutes of paying on SOLO,Practice too and also on Multiplayer a bigbug restarted by PC What the hell the problem with this game ? plaise tell me what should i do to fix this THX.
Sonkilary is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life